The WORST job you've ever had

mchol

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 06:46 pm
As I only have three more days until the last day of my current job, I realize even more than before that this is the worst job I've ever had, and probably will be the worst job for a very long time. Confused As Friday looms closer, I'm sliently celebrating my victory over this hell-hole. Evil or Very Mad Although I signed up for a per diem position, I will no longer have to rely on coming to this abyss of hell on Earth as my primary source of income! Very Happy In fact, I only wanted to do per diem so I would get the money they've contributed to my retirement (after 5 years of employment, I'm at 2 right now), and have a solid work history in case I ever needed a good reference for ei. loans, apartment lease...

I will begin my new job on Monday and I am so excited! The pay is better, so I don't have to bust ass and work 20 hours of overtime each week to make ends meet 2 Cents Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation No more lower back pain. No more sore arms. No more headaches. No more scrubs. No more working at a job that doesn't provide advancement. No more night shift!!! I could get into the specifics of this job... but I won't unless it's requested cause that's how terrible the job is. But anyways, YAAAAYYYY... Let's CELEBRATE!!! <holds up a glass of Hennessey> Drunk

My life as a CNA is over... YAAYYYYYY!!!!!!

What was the worst job you ever had?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,679 • Replies: 24
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 06:55 pm
I once worked in a lutefisk factory.

I guess that was pretty bad.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 07:03 pm
I have only had a few "regular" jobs in my life and they all sucked......I'm not cut out for the "regular" job life......but I once worked part time in a tobacco warehouse....brutal...horrible.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 07:06 pm
someone, somewhere, right this very minute.....is cleaning the monitor screens, walls and floors of peep show video booths.......for minimum wage....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 07:08 pm
Yeah, but I get free movies, Bear.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 08:37 pm
And someone else is hand-sorting recycled trash. YUK!

I'll have to give this thread some thought. I've had a lot of really bad jobs. It's gonna be hard to narrow it down to just one.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 11:37 pm
Eva wrote:
And someone else is hand-sorting recycled trash. YUK!

I'll have to give this thread some thought. I've had a lot of really bad jobs. It's gonna be hard to narrow it down to just one.

Yeah, especially when they run into skunks and stuff, lol!

My worst job I thing was McDonnalds. I lasted 3 days.
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 08:44 am
Montana... my first job ever was at Jack-In-The-Box, and I worked 1 day. About a week later I got the balls to quit... (over the phone.. tee hee hee Embarrassed ) They're blue polo shirt and cap was sOoOoOoOooOOooo unflattering!!!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:01 am
I got a job in telemarketing, when I was seventeen. The job description required me to call people from a phone number roster and convince them to buy magazines. Over the course of six hours, I was called more than a few nasty names and hung up on a number of times. I quit at the end of the day.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:41 am
Montana wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Honestly, I didn't put it in with the recycling. It'll go straight to the landfill and be given a proper burial. Laughing
0 Replies

furiousflee

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:51 pm
The worst job I ever had was living in Mexico as a foreigner trying to sell South-African pastries to people in stores walking from store to store. In Mexico if you are "white" then you would not have any need to do these things, so in turn these people treat you like crap and you know that it is something you have to do, this was a self inspired business since I was living without my uptaded governmental paperwork so I could not work for any company. That experience kind of blew!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:57 pm
The worst 'job' I ever had....it involved a lady lawyer with very sharp teeth.
0 Replies

furiousflee

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:01 pm
funny, very funny Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:05 pm
Thanks, I'm here all week. Laughing
0 Replies

furiousflee

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:06 pm
When will you be doing an HBO special?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:10 pm
Hmm...well, I love Chris Rock, and invited him to write a routine for me, but he thought that white folks doing edgy black humour just wouldn't be funny. He mentioned something about "Malibu's Most Wanted", but I can't remember who was in that. I'm hoping that Jackie Mason has some time on his hands.
0 Replies

Jesusgirl22

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 08:46 pm
Hmm, well not counting working for a certain respiratory manager who hit on every woman in speaking distance, then making life miserable for those of us who told him, "No.", and not counting a long time gig at a major Motown evening news paper where the dragon lady manager even followed us into the ladies room to make sure we were actually "going", I'd have to say the worst, was a brief stint I did as a waitress/car hop in 1965. I was 14 and worked sometimes till 0400, for fifty cents/hr.
The nephew of the owners worked there and was forever stealing my tips and hitting on me. I kept saying, "No", because he was just not type, thank-you.
One night a car load of drunk men came up to the curb service side and ordered practically everything on the menu. When they decided they didn't have enough money to pay for everything, they invited me to join them. I said, "No, thank-you", and took back the items they couldn't pay for. Then I put the "closed" sign in the window and went inside to sweep up. Then knocked on the window and asked for to get out. "The same way you came in.", I replied. "Just turn around and go back that way.", I pointed to the highway. "OK, honey bun.", the driver said, and he turned his car around the wrong way and drove into the lake. I called out to him to tell him he was going the wrong way, but he just waved.

The cook called the police and a tow truck to help them out. I stayed inside for the rest of my shift and quit the next day. They had the dumb, old boy call me repeatedly to try to get me to come back.

Finally I got fed up and told him, "Look, you're part of the reason I quit. Don't call me anymore!". Finally they gave up. Yep, that was the worst. Sad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 02:15 am
mchol wrote:
Montana... my first job ever was at Jack-In-The-Box, and I worked 1 day. About a week later I got the balls to quit... (over the phone.. tee hee hee Embarrassed ) They're blue polo shirt and cap was sOoOoOoOooOOooo unflattering!!!

Yeah, and that McDonnads get up didn't do me any justice either, lol.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 02:19 am
Eva wrote:
Montana wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Honestly, I didn't put it in with the recycling. It'll go straight to the landfill and be given a proper burial. Laughing

Phew!!! Good thing. I was worried about the poor trash folks for awhile there Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 04:26 am
I had two worst jobs.

One was cold calling for a recapped truck tire company. I left after a few weeks, and actually did not pick up my last few days' pay.

Job placement in a personnel agency- It took me a couple of days to realize that what the boss (who always was dealing with a sinus problem :wink: ) was more interested in hooking people into ANY job in order to get the commission, rather than to try to place people in jobs that were actually suitable. I knew that I was working with sharks the first time that I got a listing, and another employee was on the phome with her contacts, even before I was off the phone!

Jesusgirl- Is that you? HI!
0 Replies