Boyfriend left me for his ex

Atv418

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 08:16 pm
My boyfriend and i were together for 3 1/2 years known eachother for 6. The past few months i have felt him pull away and change. He wasnt really trying anymore. So i decided we go on a break just to have space apart no dating anyone. He agreed. A month goes by and i get a call from my friend that she spots my bf out to dinner with a girl. I confronh him and find out it is ex from 9 years ago when they were 19. This girl cheated on him,punched in the face and blodied it and left him for another man in their previous relationship. She now has a bf and a 7 year old. Why would my bf want to go back with her??
I found out my bf reached out to her bc he felt in his heart he needed to. They hung out a few times before they were caught A few days later saw my ex the girl and her son riding around in his jeep.
Its very hard for me to compromise why he would do this. He claims he loves me and thinks about me every day but he was confused
I highly doubt they will out in the end but how do i get over this pain. I have been nothing but good to him. He even said im the best gf hes ever had
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 406 • Replies: 6
No top replies

chai2

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 08:29 pm
Well, first off, they weren't "caught". You 2 weren't/aren't dating anymore.

2nd, your friend needs to mind her own beeswax.

Finally, who knows why they want to be back together, except of course them.

It's not about you.

You'll get over it. Keep busy, let time pass.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 08:50 pm
@Atv418,
Atv418 wrote:
So i decided we go on a break

good plan

seems like you needed some time apart

he has spent some time connecting with old friends

I hope you've also put the time to good use.

___

Quote:
i get a call from my friend that she spots

you might want to reconsider that person as a friend. she sounds like a gossip who can't mind her own business.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 08:52 pm
@Atv418,
Atv418 wrote:
I found out my bf reached out

blah blah blah

you're on a break

Take care of yourself on your break, not his business.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 08:54 pm
@Atv418,
Relationships end. This has happened to all of of us. You cry and it hurts like hell. Then you get over it. The you meet someone new and you start the process all over again.

This guy is no longer your boyfriend. What happens to him is not important. You have to move on.

It takes a little time to heal... you were with him for a long time. The pain will end though. It is Ok for you to feel angry and sad. But the sooner you accept the fact that the relationship is over the quicker you will heal.

I personally have never seen these relationship breaks work. When it reaches this point, I have found that usually it is two people trying to hang onto a relationship that isn't meant to be. It is best to just accept it, end the relationship, grieve a little and then get on with life.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 05:58 am
I can understand why you are upset - ONLY when the terms of the "break" was to keep talking and work on getting back together.

Otherwise, you really did let him go free and he went back to the familiar.

What do you REALLY want? - or are you just humiliated because he is seeing someone else so quickly?
0 Replies

Atv418

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 04:26 pm
I just wanted to clarify he wAs speaking and hanging out with her before the break

But its true, i need to let go

Thanks for the responses
0 Replies