2

Is every consciousness different?

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 11:08 am
Is my consciousness different to both the consciousness of the actress Lorenza Izzo or the scientist Galileo?
Are any two consciousness's different?

Leadfoot

2  
Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 11:29 am
@Thomas33,
I think not. But what you do with it is.

2  
Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 11:32 am
@Thomas33,
Yes, every consciousness is different, because our environment and experience is different.
coluber2001

2  
Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 11:53 am
Individuals and cultures exist on different levels of consciousness called chakras by the Indians. There are seven and they symbolically represent the seven levels of consciousness. Most people live on the third (solar plexus chakra) or the fourth (heart chakra). The heart chakra is the first truly human level and involves compassion. Societies, at least for the last six thousand years or so, have lived on the solar plexus chakra, the ultimate one probably being the 3rd Reich of Germany. This implies a desperate need for societies to jump to the heart chakra (truly human) in order to survive. Ironically, Germany appears to be one of the few countries approaching this next level.
dalehileman

2  
Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 02:10 pm
@Thomas33,
's ? Tom

http://onelook.com/?w=consciousnesses&ls=a&loc=home_ac_consciousnesses

Thomas33

2  
Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 02:39 pm
@coluber2001,
I appreciate your referencing Germany. The needs of society itself are at odds with "heart chakra", in my opinion. However what can be problematic is the idea that the ability to be compassionate is because of anti.

Thomas33

2  
Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 04:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But environment and experience is as much created by consciousness as it is the creator of consciousness.

2  
Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 07:29 pm
@Thomas33,
That's right; perception is subjective. But show me two people with the same perception within the same environment. It's never the same.
Thomas33

2  
Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 09:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How is it never the same? Reality is pattern. If it wasn't, there'd be no point in politics or law.
The very existence of culture and systems of life need uniformity.

2  
Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 10:30 pm
@Thomas33,
No. What I meant was each life is different. Even identical twins have different lives.

rubbywilliams

1  
Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 11:23 pm
Our consciousness varies because everyone thinks differently depending on their knowledge, environment and so on.

fresco

2  
Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 02:54 am
@Thomas33,
I notice you are raising existentialist issues on these threads, Those issues investigate the status of "self", "reality" and " whether life has meaning".
The general problem in discussing those issues is that ordinary language tends to be ill equipped and can straight jacket thinking. For example, it is not clear in this case what you mean by " consciousness" the usage of which could involve thought, personality, cosmic holism, difference between species etc. The solution attempted by Heidegger and other existentialists has been to construct neologisms (new language) to describe what they see as the fundamental aspects of existence.
"
"
Setanta

3  
Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 03:11 am
I would point out that people tend to think that they and others think alike. This can be seen very clearly in religious adherents. But in fact, people often hold differing notions, sometimes greatly differing notions, on the subjects which they believe everyone agrees on. Yeah, every consciousness is different, and that, combined with tribalism, makes this world a living hell.
Thomas33

2  
Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 05:57 am
@fresco,
I concur about the problem of ordinary language. But I also think uniformity stops itself from exposure. Which is to say that the consciousness of the US general Patton might have been quite similar to the consciousness of any hockey player, or computer programmer, yet the difference was never cancelled because of uniformity.

Thomas33

2  
Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 06:04 am
@Setanta,
All consciousness may be different, but where it gets confusing is the fact of pattern; everyone has to pay their taxes, or the weekend is the same place in time for everyone (are those good examples?).
Person G can say that tribalism is proof of difference, but then that can just mean tribe A and tribe B both require uniformity unto themselves and in relation to one another in order to exist - the different needs uniformity.

Like I said, this confuses me.

Leadfoot

2  
Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 12:46 pm
@Setanta,
Holy ****, I had to give Setanta a thumbs up on that one..