3

Is every consciousness different?

Jasper10

0  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2020 10:26 am
@yovav,
All the best with that one.........not many are prepared to walk the experiential walk...they tend to stay trapped on the hamsters reasoning wheel.Scientist are very reluctant to become personally part of their own consciousness experiment and therefore have made no significant progress whatsoever in understanding consciousness. EXPERIENTIAL is the key word.

1  
Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2020 05:29 pm
@Jasper10,
That comment has nothing at all to do with what was asked, which was "define consciousness"

Experiential isn't even on the radar with something where a definition hasn't been agreed on yet.

Even if a definition was agreed on, whether or not someone experiementing or testing the concept or physical reality of it was involved is certainly not necessary, and could be detrimental to the results.

Jasper10

0  
Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 01:09 am
@chai2,
Everything is interconnected/all encompassing ..EVEN consciousness and YOU ...you are embroiled/entangled within it whether you like it or not or accept it or not.You cannot explain consciousness...you become aware of it/ experience it.Trying to explain it is like trying to explain the “ i am”...you can’t.

1  
Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 10:01 am
@Jasper10,
You’re trying to stray from the question.

There are various definitions of the word. It needs to be decided by everyone as pertaining to this thread which one(s) are to discussed.
Jasper10

1  
Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 10:21 am
@chai2,
I am not trying to stray from the question. I am merely pointing out that we are all totally embroiled in consciousness every second of the day. It's part of everyone's experience/make up. No one can get away from consciousness. One can't separate oneself from it and analyze it like a lab monkey. Scientist don't like this concept for some reason maybe because they will discover something that they are scared to face up to …..who knows. We are not consciousness we can become more increasing aware of how we relate to consciousness states however .i.e. we can become aware that we are more in the moment or not. We can alter our consciousness state any time we want by bringing ourselves in to the moment if we wish but we wont be able to remain there,not initially anyway........because we get pulled back into the "not in the moment" or autopilot state automatically all the time, a bit like a computer defaulting to idle if not in use.The secret is to notice this.Most people don't notice/are aware of this and therefore remain in autopilot most of their lives. It takes effort to bring oneself into the moment...no effort is involved as one drifts back into autopilot automatically.

1  
Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 02:37 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I am not trying to stray from the question. I am merely pointing out that we are all totally embroiled in consciousness every second of the day. automatically.

Which was not in any way what was asked in the originally referenced post. Which was asking for a defination.

Which, is the ultimate in straying.

So which of the commonly accepted definitions are you talking about?
Jasper10

1  
Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 03:04 pm
@chai2,
Well the definitions I have read are totally wrong...consciousness is not an awareness.....no...rather one is aware of a consciousness state one RESIDES IN

Awareness and consciousness are different things.

I have given you a practical experiential example that proves this.

We can operate in idle mode and as I have said most people do all the time....but manual mode (in the moment) is better if one can learn to do this more and more.

When you truly embrace these concepts and learn to stay in manual more and more then many more intriguing questions arise.

1  
Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 03:41 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Again. Not the question.

People like you are funny. But, fortunately (or unfortunately) I've had decades of experience in keeping things on track.

I don't know why your type think you are so clever. Like "oh! I'm not realizing you're not even trying to pretend to stay on topic/answer a direct question, etc.

You're fun to play with.
Jasper10

0  
Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 03:54 pm
@chai2,
I am just telling you how it is ...what has being clever got anything to do with it?
You don’t understand then is what you mean...why don’t you just say that.
Jasper10

1  
Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2020 01:09 am
@Jasper10,
The person who is trying to be clever is you...I don’t need to be clever because what I have told you is not academic clap trap it’s experiential which clearly you know nothing about..Maybe if you stop being so aggressive for effect...swallow your pride and listen more...then you may learn something that may be of real benefit to you.I have answered your question ....the definition of consciousness is wrong....period.Is it my fault that whoever came up with these definitions have got it wrong? There are two consciousness states that are different yes..the in synch mode and the out of synch mode or idle mode.Trying to bring oneself into the in synch mode takes a lot of effort.If you bother trying then you may learn something about thoughts and many other things...but if you are not interested in learning then stay trapped.