[closed]So I try to open my PM's and get ...

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:24 pm
Hmmm - seems the Apocalypse is here...

(PS You EVER gonna dye that hair, Timber???)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:30 pm
dlowan wrote:
Lash wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Lash wrote:
Can I use this for PMs?

Dlowan-- I need to communicate something to you. I don't see an e-mail addy.

I don't mind putting it here, if you don't object. <bothering me for a couple of days>

Well, as long as it is neither very private, nor rude, go for it.

LOL! I guess I deserved the 'not too rude' comment. That is why I'm feeling the need for the PM actually...

The offense was public, so perhaps the public apology is warranted.

I had a recent tango with someone here, which gave me a bit of consternation. She was shadowing me about, being very negative about everything I said, every where I said it, and made several personal remarks as well. Of course, normally I can handle this--but she did lure me to the wrong side of TOS, and I recieved a warning....

The moral of this story is, as I reviewed this affair, it reminded me of the time I did something very similar to you. It had started with good natured (though a little rough) intent, but I should have been considerate of how you felt about it. I now know how aggravating this can be from the other side. It made me truly sorry that I had caused you to feel that way. This PM debacle has made me unable to apologize, and it has been wearing a hole in my bloomers.

I'm sure we'll disagree pretty regularly, but I will never consciously repeat that behavior again.

I sincerely apologize. I hope you can accept my apology.

I very much appreciate the apology, Sofia, and I am happy to accept it.

Very Happy
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 02:36 am
Hmmm...they should disable P.M.'s more often.
0 Replies

Mister Micawber

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 06:50 am
This durn thread is 15 pages long now-- does anyone know if the PMs are fixed yet? I've still got '1 new PM' and am afraid to open it after what happened last time-- a bad case of the DTs, and I wasn't even sober.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:11 am
It's just a message now, Mister Micawber. (No graphics! Nothing that moves!)
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:15 am
i really wonna when we can reuse PM Confused
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:49 am
Did you know that even if you already have an account with Yahoo, you can still open another free email account with them using a fictitious name and address? As a suggestion, post your temporary email address here until A2K PMs are up and running again.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 01:12 pm
Mister Micawber!

I hope you didn't read my personal mesages! That would be an intrusion on my delicate privacy. You did close your eyes, I trust....

(Wails) My PMs!!!!! Waaaaah!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:12 pm
Why is this thread deemed"closed" when it's open? Confused
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:24 pm
Because it is on Forum Help - which is managed by a couple of extremely busy folk - who put closed by a forum help thread when they know it is answered from their point of view, so they know what they still have to deal with.

It does not denote any moderator etc action.

The poor fellas need to organise their business very tightly.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:27 pm
Ah, I see. Thanks, Deb.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:31 pm
From Announcement section for Forum Help:

"B) When your request is answered please edit your initial post and put [resolved] in the title. This allows the people giving tech support to move on to a new help request. If you forget to do so it is not a big deal, a moderator will add it for you allowing people to focus on what still needs an answer.

Sometimes questions are marked [closed], without an answer. This is simply because we may not have the resources to answer the question and other problems may take priority.

Please do not feel slighted if this happens to you. We are not a commercial tech support team and we offer "best effort" tech support. This means that sometimes we have to make the decision to select what to answer as we do not have the ability to provide 100% coverage of tech support. We can only provide "best effort" and being selective can help us provide coverage for the most critical needs."

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=299
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:49 pm
You are very welcome, Msolga!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:54 pm
Big smooch from Melbourne to Adelaide! Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:31 pm
Steady on!

lol.....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:37 pm
Hey!

What's with all the smoochin'"?

achhhhhhh, never mind.
so this is cool - i was poking around at yahoo - and found - the very first site i ever bookmarked in my online at home life - and i still like it!

http://www.birdzilla.com/
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2004 10:38 am
FYI: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34654
0 Replies