[closed]So I try to open my PM's and get ...

Lash

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:43 pm
Can I use this for PMs?

Dlowan-- I need to communicate something to you. I don't see an e-mail addy.

I don't mind putting it here, if you don't object. <bothering me for a couple of days>
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:08 pm
I never realized PMing was so prolific. Now I feel left out of something as I think I have received a total of like 20 PM's since I started here.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:02 pm
Lash wrote:
Can I use this for PMs?

I don't mind putting it here, if you don't object. <bothering me for a couple of days>

Well, as long as it is neither very private, nor rude, go for it.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:08 am
Quote:
I never realized PMing was so prolific. Now I feel left out of something as I think I have received a total of like 20 PM's since I started here.
agreed. i don't miss 'em one iota...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:30 am
Lol! I miss them now BECAUSE I CAN'T HAVE THEM!!!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:18 am
It's the phone numbers I had stashed in there that I'm bugged about now. But, I'll survive.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:22 am
Give Craven and Monger a chance to fix this -- it has to be a security issue.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:24 am
LW - I think people aren't pushing anything (or maybe I'm reading this wrong) - this is all pretty low-grade kvetching.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:28 am
Well, I've been so low-grade at kvetching that I haven't even posted here, but I miss my PMs!

It 'specially bothers me because I have a notice that a PM is waiting for me, but I can't open it. <sigh>
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:38 am
I also miss them but all the volunteers have regular jobs and it takes all of their free times just to keep the forum going. I'm sure they'll fix whatever has happened and the PM's will be returned. Didn't want to intimate that anyone has ants-in-the-pants but there is a bit of squirming present here. Don't let the red ants bite.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:44 am
I think I still have old email addys for dlowan and Lash (Lash Goth, at least.) If one of you gave permission here, I would try and forward it to the other.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:50 am
Lightwizard wrote:
I also miss them but all the volunteers have regular jobs and it takes all of their free times just to keep the forum going. I'm sure they'll fix whatever has happened and the PM's will be returned. Didn't want to intimate that anyone has ants-in-the-pants but there is a bit of squirming present here. Don't let the red ants bite.

True, Wizard. Didn't mean to fuss.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:53 am
I'm thinking a little bit of squirming is better than too much behind the scenes (as in off the-board email) anxiety, moaning and speculation (which is also going on). This is a bit of a safety valve.

Surprising how many people thought they were the only ones effected - thought they were being "punished".
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 12:29 pm
dlowan wrote:
Lash wrote:
Can I use this for PMs?

LOL! I guess I deserved the 'not too rude' comment. That is why I'm feeling the need for the PM actually...

The offense was public, so perhaps the public apology is warranted.

I had a recent tango with someone here, which gave me a bit of consternation. She was shadowing me about, being very negative about everything I said, every where I said it, and made several personal remarks as well. Of course, normally I can handle this--but she did lure me to the wrong side of TOS, and I recieved a warning....

The moral of this story is, as I reviewed this affair, it reminded me of the time I did something very similar to you. It had started with good natured (though a little rough) intent, but I should have been considerate of how you felt about it. I now know how aggravating this can be from the other side. It made me truly sorry that I had caused you to feel that way. This PM debacle has made me unable to apologize, and it has been wearing a hole in my bloomers.

I'm sure we'll disagree pretty regularly, but I will never consciously repeat that behavior again.

I sincerely apologize. I hope you can accept my apology.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 12:37 pm
Rog--

Boy, have I missed you!

I have a new e-mail addy. The other is defunct. I'll send it to you as soon as PMs are enabled! You'll have to give me yours, as I lost it when I lost my other e-mail addy.

THIS ONE I CHECK REGULARLY!!!

Smile
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 01:40 pm
me to on the email
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:04 pm
Lash wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Lash wrote:
Can I use this for PMs?

LOL! I guess I deserved the 'not too rude' comment. That is why I'm feeling the need for the PM actually...

The offense was public, so perhaps the public apology is warranted.

I had a recent tango with someone here, which gave me a bit of consternation. She was shadowing me about, being very negative about everything I said, every where I said it, and made several personal remarks as well. Of course, normally I can handle this--but she did lure me to the wrong side of TOS, and I recieved a warning....

The moral of this story is, as I reviewed this affair, it reminded me of the time I did something very similar to you. It had started with good natured (though a little rough) intent, but I should have been considerate of how you felt about it. I now know how aggravating this can be from the other side. It made me truly sorry that I had caused you to feel that way. This PM debacle has made me unable to apologize, and it has been wearing a hole in my bloomers.

I'm sure we'll disagree pretty regularly, but I will never consciously repeat that behavior again.

I sincerely apologize. I hope you can accept my apology.

I very much appreciate the apology, Sofia, and I am happy to accept it.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:05 pm
(((((((((((((((((((GROUP HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:06 pm
dlowan--

Very gracious of you. You have made my day.
<smile>
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:14 pm
I apologize to everyone I've irritated, and wish it understood and stipulated that any further irritation resulting from my future responses is to be considered as referring to and incorporating this apology.

There, thats out of the way. I feel so much better now.
0 Replies