Confused and Blindsided.

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 09:16 am
I met this guy almost two months ago and we hit it off very well. We live about two hours away from each other but have managed to see each other almost every weekend. Three weeks ago he told me that he liked me a lot and this doesn't usually happen to him. Two weeks ago he mentioned he spilled his feelings again. Now, last weekend I he said he wanted to spend the 4th with me, so he did. He got drunk and asked if I was seeing someone else because he's not and doesn't want to. Also, said he doesn't want me to see anyone else either because he just wants us to see each other. Any who, sober he asked me to spend 5 days with him at his beach house for the 20th. All good signs, or so I thought.

He isn't the best at communicating. I know that everyone isn't attached to their phones but geesh he's really bad. Last week we started talking about past relationships and how his previous girlfriends/women he casually dated would have an issue with how detached he could get. How he would go days without saying something but he said it's not that I wasn't interested in them he's just isn't good with communicating and . I just chalked that up to bull and him just not being that into them. Now since meeting we haven't talked all day and night and I don't expect to since we're not together. Neither do I expect to speak everyday. So this is where I'm at now. I got home last Tuesday and he reached out Wednesday. We exchanged 2 or 3 texts and the no response. He reached out on Thursday and exchanged 2 or 3 texts and no response. I haven't heard from him since then and we're supposed to be leaving for our trip on Sunday. I'm this close to just calling him, declining to go on the trip, and just tell him off.

Outside of the communicating thing one would think he's very interested but now, especially after not speaking with him since last Thursday. So I reached out yesterday said I was unsure about the weekend, in a joking way said how he is bad at communicating and that I didn't like it. He then says he doesn't think the trip is a good idea.

How tf do you all lose interest in only a week's time? When HE was the one saying all this stuff about not want to date other people and how he's not seeing anyone else. Granted he was drunk when he said this, but, HE was asking me where he stood with me because he doesn't want to play games because it would 'hurt his feelings' if I dated other people. HE said he wanted to do something for my birthday in a few weeks. HE asked to spend the 4th together. All last week he did those things and the week before that HE asked me to go on this trip. HE was the one trying to get all chummy with my friends. Just doesn't make sense.

I'm just over this. A week and lose interest? How?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 504 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 09:21 am
@jebrooks1988,
jebrooks1988 wrote:
yesterday said I was unsure about the weekend, in a joking way said how he is bad at communicating and that I didn't like it.

you told him you don't like something about him (that he told you about going in) and that you are unsure about the weekend

why wouldn't he then think the weekend was a bad idea? you pretty much said you were done with him

I think he was smart to reconsider the weekend with you after what you said.
jebrooks1988

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 09:44 am
@ehBeth,
Well I didn't mean it that way. I said I was unsure as in unsure about whats going on because I hadn't from him (which I said), but I guess you that can be misconstrued via text. I did not view it that way. So do you think that he's completely written me off?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 09:59 am
@jebrooks1988,
Texting can be a problem if you're not careful.

Re-read your post as if someone else wrote it - focus on the part where you told him you were unsure about the weekend and don't like the way he communicates/doesn't communicate.

It doesn't read like he lost interest - it reads like you pushed him away.

Try to be nicer about the whole texting/communicating thing.

Be careful with the 'joking'. It is really really easy to misread in texts. Emoticons can only help a tiny bit.

Why not phone him and confirm whether the trip is on for the weekend - then leave him alone til he contacts you.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 12:07 pm
Why trust a guy who drinks - then forgets what he says?

RUN AWAY from this guy.
jebrooks1988

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 12:50 pm
@PUNKEY,
He didn't lol. We didn't go into detail about what he did or didn't remember but he said he remembered the gist of all our conversations the night before.
Ragman

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:18 pm
@jebrooks1988,
what is confusing is why you feel you are blindsided. Is this the same man as in this prior query you posted here a few months ago? or is the same scenario with a different man?

http://able2know.org/topic/320252-1#post-6174002
ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:37 pm
@Ragman,
that'd be funny if it wasn't sad

looks like this poster has got a pattern of confusing other people
0 Replies

jebrooks1988

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 03:48 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman,

Different person and as the other poster said I have a pattern of confusing people, which I didn't realize until she just pointed that out :\
0 Replies