How do you let a guy know you like him without telling him?

tan 00

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:05 pm
I apologize in advance if this question has been asked by someone else before. But here go's....How do you let subtly let a guy know that you like him without really letting him know?
There's this guy that I work with who I've liked for the past month and who I also suspect likes me as well. I met him about 3 months ago. Initially, I wasn't attracted to him at all but I guess as I got to know him I started becoming really attracted to him. I really think we started liking one another at the same time, because of all of sudden either his face turns red and/or he can't look me in the eye when he's talking to me, and this all has happened in the past month. We've gone out to lunch together alone in the past before, but if I ask him out to lunch he conveniently backs out or he'll invite other people, and I'm like what's the big deal? What makes this interesting is that this guy is not a shy person by any shape of the imagination. With me being a female, I'm just not used to making the first move. Any advice would be appreciated....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 10,286 • Replies: 16
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:10 pm
I'll give you hint, from a guy. Guys are morons, and don't really pick up on subtle signals. It is entirely possible that the backing out and inviting friends is a sign that he's not interested, but it could also be that he wants his friends opinion of you. A girl did that to me once, and I was very confused about it, because I did get the signal she didn't like me, so I did nothing, and only found out too late she really did like me, and just wanted me to make the first move. Sometimes that can backfire, just waiting.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:12 pm
I'm with the cavfancy - don't bother with subtle.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:18 pm
here's subtle, just tell him you want to have his baby.
0 Replies

tan 00

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:19 pm
Thanks for the replies.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:20 pm
Keep us informed and ignore dyslexia. Wink
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:24 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:29 pm
Well, if you mean 'baby' in the sense of a present girlfriend, that is not only subtle but hot. He'd be jiggy with that like a fly on feces.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:36 pm
or flies on a dead squirrel.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:37 pm
this is the thread on Transmigration of dead souls isn't it?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:46 pm
Are you being subtle again? Tsk...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 02:14 pm
I reach for "obscure" and I only get "subtle?"
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 02:18 pm
You could try a wardrobe malfunction.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 02:22 pm
Men!

Talk to him. Let him know straight out that you're interested.
0 Replies

furiousflee

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 03:01 pm
Yea, just skip the forplay and just tell him. If he says no, then he said no, if he says yes well, I assume you would be on this thread with some other problem soon. What can I say just be practical....

On a long enough timeline all our "fuckups" drops to zero...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 06:46 pm
<bookmark>
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 07:22 pm
I'm gonna be practical here. If you are sending out the signals that I think you are...long, meaningful looks, head toss, subtle touching, giggles, etc...and this guy can't pick up on all that, you should ask yourself how much time you're willing to spend chasing him. Do you really want a guy around who can't understand you any better than that?

(Note: Shy men are obviously not my type. Smile)
0 Replies