Bernie endorses Hillary

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 06:10 pm
Now that it's official " Bernie endorses Hillary" how do you plan to vote?

I could change my mind but at the moment I plan to vote for Jill Stein.

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 06:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
Hillary would have to convince me she has magically become a liberal, for me to vote for her. At the present time, I plan to try to convince as many people as I can to vote for Stein.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 06:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Hillary would have to convince me she has magically become a liberal, for me to vote for her. At the present time, I plan to try to convince as many people as I can to vote for Stein.

Maybe this will help

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 06:57 pm
I'm voting Green.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 07:11 pm
@Lash,
I really do like Bernie but I have begun to wonder if Jill may be smarter. " She is soooo smart.
I do not mean this as a put down to Bernie because I think he is smarter than I but I am more than 20 years younger than him.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 07:26 pm
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 08:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
Please dont waste your vote on someone who has no chance to win just to make a point. Theres too much at stake with a whole generation of Supreme Court Justices .

ID LOOVE TO SEE HILLARY NOMINATE OBAMA for the USSC
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 11:50 pm
@farmerman,
If the Democrats really don't want a Supreme nominated by a Republican, they have the power to block it. They could have easily kept Clarence Thomas off, but they caved like they always do. I expect Clinton to nominate less than a liberal, because she is not a liberal.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 10:48 am
So Twitter and Facebook are RIFE I TELL YOU with posts that say that the Democrat convention requires that all speakers must publicly endorse the nominee or they can't speak.

They allude to Bernie "playing their game" and reminded readers of how many times Bernie stated that the convention would be contested.

I'm fine with whatever happens, but the thought of a coup makes me smile.

I wouldn't be surprised.
parados

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 11:08 am
@Lash,
Let's see.. Your argument is that a political party should let people speak at their convention that don't support the party or their party's candidate.

Actually, both parties have rules that party officers can't endorse anyone in opposition to a party endorsed candidate. Doing so would allow for their removal from office. I would guess the Green and Libertarian party have similar rules.
Lash

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 03:55 pm
@parados,
I did not make that argument.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 04:06 pm
I just saw a story claiming Stein's donations are up a thousand percent. I don't know if this translates to all that much money, but it is significant.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 04:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's good news, can you share the link?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 04:14 pm
https://www.facebook.com/drjillstein/?fref=nf
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 04:27 pm
@Lash,
Oh, right you were just gleefully posting about others making that argument and then you deny you agree with it.
Lash

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 05:39 pm
@parados,
It's the difference between stealing and finding money. I just found some money.
parados

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 05:54 pm
@Lash,
It's the difference between gold and fool's gold. You seem to be distracted by anything that is shiny.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 07:17 pm
Let me give more details about my current distraction. On a conference call, Bernie told key "party" members that he didn't concede, he is still in the race, and he needs all his delegates in Philly.

Hot cha cha.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 08:01 pm
Very interesting point of views out there.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 06:02 am
Meanwhile, back at the 'what will Berners do' corral', Jill Stein' fundraising rose 1000% the day Bernie endorsed Hillary.

Wonder how those people are voting?

Wonder how that number of immediate financial backers translates to new transfers from Bernie to the Green Party?

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/07/13/dnc-panics-as-jill-stein-fundraising-skyrockets-999-after-bernie-endorsed-hillary-details/