Internet dating sites

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 10:55 pm
Hey everyone, I broke up with my boyfriend a while ago a few months back and now i just want to meet and start to get to know new people. I heard alot of people reccomend internet dating sites, and I am curious to try these out

I am not looking for anything really, i dont want another heavy relationship, i dont even want anything sexual, i just want to meet new people and see what is out there...

So i have a few questions... what dating sites do you recommend? What should i keep in mind when writing my profile or description so i dont come off the wrong way or too aloof? what sort of guys should i be wary of?

Thanks in advance for your help, so please share you advice and personal experiences with me...

-Lill.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,078 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:25 am
All the legit ones I know of are here:

http://search.able2know.com/Relationships/Online_Dating/index.html
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:42 am
Regarding the profile, keep it open and unexclusive. At this point, you want lots of response. You can do your culling after you hear from them - the more responses, the more particular you can afford to be.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 07:42 am
For what it's worth, I just met my new sweetheart on Yahoo Personals.

I would just write something that's amusing, maybe a tad self-deprecating in a gentle way and plain spoken. That's what attracted me, anyway. And you can see what a catch I am....
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 03:49 pm
I used to log on to OK Cupid.

It's a great site, really works in finding people with your same interests via a question system. There's much to do there, it's not 100% serious but it's very worthwhile.
0 Replies

rppearso

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 12:03 am
I met my recent wife on yahoo chat. I was getting ready to graduate and she flew to denver to see me, we hit it off and we just got married 2 weeks ago. It took me about 1.5 years to find her but it was worth it.
0 Replies

swestover

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 08:13 am
blacksmithn wrote:
For what it's worth, I just met my new sweetheart on Yahoo Personals.

I would just write something that's amusing, maybe a tad self-deprecating in a gentle way and plain spoken. That's what attracted me, anyway. And you can see what a catch I am....

I also met my husband on Yahoo personals. We have been together for 6 yrs now and He is the love of my life!
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 11:53 am
i met my husband of 4 years on oneandonly.com---great site, if it's still around.
i also met a great guy on a chat site...before my husband. there are some keepers out there. just takes a little time!

have you heard radio ads for harmony.com?
0 Replies