Are there really people like this out there

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2016 02:47 pm
Hi all. I don't know where to begin.. I have been dating a guy for over a year.
At the beginning, the honeymoon phase that it, it was all going well. We move in together within 6 months or so of dating and I thought he was the best thing to ever happen to me. Yea was I wrong.
His past is something that would make a girl run a mile yet, I gave him a chance coz I went to high school with him. He was an asshole then and I never really spoke to him.
Things became increasingly heated, there were arguments over stupid things and he would get so angry, and that's where the emotional and mental abuse would begin.
He would be verbally abusive, then come back saying he was sorry but that it was my fault he became angry.
Back then I mindlessly thought that he was stressed with a new job and workload so I didn't think anything of it.
The fight kept getting worse, the things he uttered out of his mouth were foul. you shouldn't say it to anyone let alone a girlfriend. let's just say the word started with a C and ended with a T.
I have anxiety and his outburst didn't help. I would stress, worry myself senseless and he just wouldn't be bothered. I was always blamed for everything wrong that happened to him.
It got worse, I left for a week to stay with my family and he would say sorry and tell me he'd work on his issues. That I shouldn't expect change to happen in a heartbeat.
So I go back, naïve and hoping that the break did some good. Oh was I wrong, in the few months to come the fights became extremely heated, it was all unravelling before my eyes that this man that supposedly loved me was a monster.
When someone makes you feel lonely in a relationship and worthless, its hard to comprehend how things turned from great to utterly horrendous.
I would get angry and say things to him as I couldn't cope with the verbal and mental abuse. He was manipulative, would turn things around and make me feel like im all that's wrong with the world.
I'll get right to the worst part.. So I came home late on Monday from spending time with my younger sister. He hadn't really said much to me all day and I texted asking him why he was so quiet.
I got home and the atmosphere was suffocating.. I tried to have a conversation with him and out of no where he went mental. Started yelling, screaming for me to F off and im a bitch.
I burst into tears ( I have shed many for this horrible man) I aske him how he could do that when I hadn't done anything. it just got worse he came up right to my face with a look of hatred, and that's where the physical threats began. He would smash my face through the wall and if I said anything, he would knock me out so bad that I couldn't speak.. I couldn't cope. I pushed him and im small 5'2 and 52 kgs. He grabbed me by the back of my neck and for a moment I actually thought I was going to die.. I was so frightened I ran to my car and he came after me telling me he didn't touch me and that I deserved it for being a C*^T and *B^%&H. I left the house told my family what happened and they were so scared for me. They wanted to call the cops. I had to quickly go back to the house to grab my stuff. He was just laying there asleep, like he did nothing wrong, I yelled at him and he tried to come after me again (stupid move on my part). I drove to my parents house and I don't think the shock had set in yet. Before I slept I burst into tears realising the abuse that just happened.
I had to drive back to the house the house the next day as I was getting my shower fixed. He sent me an abusive text in the morning. No remorse no sense of sorrow or sympathy. Im the kind of person that doesn't let things go so I text him and he kept threatening me.. It got worse, I had a mini panic attack and I was on my own. somehow I managed to calm down. He came home at lunch time and told me to F off. I asked him why he was so horrible to me, ran upstairs and he was screaming at me so loud, the abusive words were so bad that I suffered a severe panic attack. he thought I was faking it, but then realised the seriousness of the situation and ran to me to try to calm me down. I was suffocating, I couldn't breathe, my heart felt like it was going to explode. He rang the ambulance, crying on the phone. started saying he loved me and wasn't going anywhere. I was in a state of panic. In fact while I write this just thinking about it bring me to tears. I felt so helpless, so weak and this man had caused my demise.. Now I know there are people who have it worse, abuse is abuse. The ambulance came, my breathing returned to normal. the ambulance officer closed the door and asked if I was ok.. wanting me to let him know. I couldn't say anything. And while this was happening he was downstairs making up some story to make it seem like it was all my fault..
The ambulance officer advised me to go away and stay with my family. So that's what I did. He came up and said he felt like it was all his fault. then just like that walked off without a care in the world. telling me he needed space and not once apologising or feeling any sense of remorse.
Im sorry for the long winded story. I hate making myself out to be a victim but maybe I want this experience to make others aware of dangerous ppl like him. I don't know what is going to be happen. He will move on, charm some other girl and keep destroying lives. I still cannot fathom how someone can be so utterly inhumane, uncaring and so disgustingly unsympathetic. The hardest part of all this is learning to stop loving him and you might think im out of my mind but it is so hard. I contact him to get some sort of sorry but just get told that it will be talked about and to leave him alone. Im going to get counselling for this. Maybe I used this to help me get out some of the pain I feel. How can someone be such a monster....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 808 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2016 04:35 pm
@shortnsweet14,
It doesn't matter why he's toxic.

What matters is that he's out of your life.

Now stop dwelling on him and his crap and live your life.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2016 07:17 am
It's common for an abuse person to wonder WHY that person has treated them like this. There is dis-belief that someone could treat another person that way. This fills the VICTIM with self-doubt and a willingness to accept responsibility for the entire issue.

Know this: HE IS AN ABUSER. (I would bet he has had a past with other women that he has abused. )

Educate yourself about sociopaths and abusers.
0 Replies