Teeth Bleaching

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 07:40 pm
Right now I'm teeth-bleaching. Unfortunately, my gums are ALSO turning white. This is not on the FAQ for the Crest Whitestrips packet. I'm scared. Just letting you know. It's late, so if I fall asleep with these things in my mouth, maybe the peroxide will poison me. It's the same thing with those lozenges you have when you have a cold. You wake up in the middle of the night with your throat all scratchy, you pop one in, and then you try to stay awake so you won't choke. Am I being irrational? Did I mention it's late? So this should probably go in that other forum where you put drafts till you figure out what you're doing. What's it called? But I'm already this far in, and I can't figure out my copy-and-paster thing (don't laugh). SO just pretend it's in there and ignore it. But honestly, if your gums turned white too, please tell me. It'd ease my mind a lot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,105 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Smartsux

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 07:41 pm
The Testing section. Sorry.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 12:56 am
I'm assuming that the wite gums is a temporary thing. Let us know either way, so I'll be sure never to try them ;-)
0 Replies

Smartsux

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 08:10 am
First of all, thanks for not making fun of that post in the first place- it was REALLY late.
And second, yeah, after I brushed my teeth, the whiteness went away.

It was scary for awhile though. I'll tell ya', I was afraid I wouldn't be able to go to school tomorrow because I had peroxified gums.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 03:09 pm
I actually wanted to try this out, but now I am kind of worried heh.
0 Replies

Smartsux

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 04:52 pm
Oh, hey, no, don't worry.

They actually worked really well- in less than seven days even. I mean, my teeth weren't that yellow in the first place, so I'd don't know how well they'd work for that, but if Crest called me up to be like a representative I'd do it in like, a flash. My teeth are so white, they're nearly transparent!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 05:28 pm
our family dentist was running a special on the treatment, so we all had it done.
The dental way is to have an impression and a mold of the uppers and lowers made. Then after brushing , you goop this Ca peroxide (its given some tase, so you dont gag) onto the molds and everyone walks around with their teeth being treated. Its kinds funny looking , but you dont burn your gums as easily.
A full treatment, with the molds is about 150 and after a full week, folks have to wear shades to look at your teeth.
0 Replies

Smartsux

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 05:41 pm
Heh. Complicated.

I think my way was cheaper.

And my gums didn't burn! They just turned white...temporarily... Embarrassed
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 05:50 pm
no, ours was covered by insurance, and its probably a bit safer. peroxide is a strong oxidizer.
0 Replies

Smartsux

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 05:56 pm
Now I'm all scared again! What're you tryin' to do to me? Mad

ANyway, my teeth are pretty Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 11:03 am
"we cannot be afraid of our dentefrices"
just dont be doing a weekly maintenance quick rinse with the peroxide, it can cause topical burns and lesions on your gums .

Just once in a while. Our kits say that we should do this for a week period then not again for a few months.

You can rub that crap that Billy May Hawks on cable "Oxie=clean" cause that is the same active ingredient thats in your teeth whitener, except Oxy-clean is on steroids
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 01:38 pm
I started whitening my teeth 2 years ago with the same method farmer used. My teeth look great!
There's just one little problem, the whitening of the gums is the solution eating at your gums, BAD! I now have sensitive gums. I followed the directions exactly.

I have never had problems with my teeth, but I do now.
If any of you are going to use whitener I would recommend not getting any solution on your gums, if at all possible. :-)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 01:46 pm
well, they have this "GUM PINKENER" which does a beautiful job of restoring the bright pink color to your now bleached and oxidized gums. The only drawback is that it tints your teeth a light pink.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 02:10 pm
Ahahaha, cute farmer!

Sounds like a vicious cycle.

The price we pay to look good ;-(
0 Replies

Smartsux

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 04:30 pm
What product have you guys found works best? I hear Rembrant is fast, but goes away quickly, and my Whitestrips worked pretty well and they're lasting...
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 04:35 pm
The product I use is to potent. It gets rid of any stains but it takes your gums with it. (ouch!)

I would stick with the strips.
0 Replies