The Atheist/Theist unity thread (a Discussion)

neologist

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:07 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:
Then what you call it when you have no need and no use for a god?
I would say you believe it unnecessary.
Chumly

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:37 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
. . . .There is no belief system to atheism. . .
Depends om your definition of 'belief'.
Not more of the equivalent of 'I know you are but what am I'! Shirley not more of that Neo. I understand that recycling garbage is helpful to the environment, but with a man like you, one who professes to espouse the virtues of evidence-based rationality, and ignores all the superstitious, Iron Age, Abrahamic mumbo-jumbo called Christianity, I expect much-much more indeed.

I am the First Apostle of the Oneee Trueee Goddd Glennn. Do not further disappoint me, or I will be forced to punish you severely in a Lake Of Fire (at a location near you, open 24 hours).

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:43 am
@Chumly,
"surely"
timur

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:45 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

timur wrote:

No, you believe I believe it unnecessary.

I find it unnecessary.

In addition, your comment is not an answer to my question, despite you trying to make it so.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 01:33 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
. . . .There is no belief system to atheism. . .
Depends om your definition of 'belief'.

A lack of belief is not a belief let alone a belief system.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 01:37 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

timur wrote:

Why is it necessary to believe in God?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 02:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
"surely"
You're just homophonic!
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 03:04 pm
@Chumly,
Quote:
Not more of the equivalent of 'I know you are but what am I'! Shirley not more of that Neo.

You're the one who is confused about the English language. ESL?
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 03:06 pm
@Chumly,
Quote:
I am the First Apostle of the Oneee Trueee Goddd Glennn. Do not further disappoint me, or I will be forced to punish you severely in a Lake Of Fire.

For the record, you don't have to punish them severely in the Lake of Fire. The Lake of Fire is pretty severe in and of itself. In fact, anything you can think of to do to someone while they're in the Lake of Fire would not even be noticed by them. You could pull out their nose hairs one at a time, slowly, and they'd never know it. Hmmm. Okay, that was a bad example since the nose hairs are pretty much burned off immediately in the Lake of Fire. But for the sake of this discussion, let's assume that their nose hairs remain intact and with strong roots. You could pull them all out one by one while the sinner is thrashing and flailing about in the Lake of Fire, and it wouldn't even register on their pain-meter. Hmmm. Okay, so there's really no such thing as a pain meter on humans. But for the sake of this discussion--okay, never mind. You get my meaning.

Speaking of the Lake of Fire, it has come to my attention that the Earth is coming dangerously close to running out of natural gas. And as you know, natural gas is the fuel that keeps the Lake of Fire so . . . hellish. Being First Apostle, it falls on you to locate another planet with an ample supply of natural gas, and if need be, to beat down the inhabitants and force them to extract the natural gas. If they complain or start whining about it, just tell them they're being punished for impure thoughts; works every time! The Second and Third Apostles will be responsible for finding a way to transport it to Earth. If you have any questions, well then . . . maybe you're not First Apostle material. We shall see.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 03:50 pm
@Glennn,
Maybe, he can use the sun. I have seen claims it'll last another 4.5 billion years. With that kind of heat, the human body will disappear in a nanosecond. No pain.
Glennn

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 05:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I should have thought of that. But I didn't. Therefore: HAIL THE GOOOD GODDD CCCICERONE! Very Happy
TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 05:28 pm
@Glennn,
Down with Glenn! All Hail Cicerone!!!
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 05:38 pm
@TomTomBinks,
You do realize that the cicerone is an imposter. LOL
Glennn

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 06:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well, apparently so was I. So . . . ALL HAIL CCCICERONE.

And the worst part of this is that the only open apostle position is Fifth Apostle of the GOOOD GODDD CCCicerone. That means that I basically have to take orders from the first four apostles, and back about three years ago, I really pushed the Third Apostle around, giving him all the ****-jobs. Could this be . . . KARMA?! Confused
TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 09:04 pm
@Glennn,
Who says you're getting Fifth Apostle? Maybe the Almighty Cicerone would prefer some new blood in the ranks. ALL HAIL CICERONE!!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 09:07 pm
@Glennn,
Positively KARMA twice over.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:36 pm
@Smileyrius,
Wow are you off in another galaxy...dangers of a belief system. That is one thing we can rule out. Unless you don't believe there are converts in the world. There are millions of converts and they know beyond doubt that it isn't just the mind that causes change it includes the WILL. You write the will completely out of your argument.
Makes me wonder how serious a person you are.
AugustineBrother

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:38 pm
@timur,
No need and no use is the same as 'I don't care at all whether something is true or false'. Not only that, you are wrong about yourself !! You don't find it unnecessary, you find it false. For if it were true that you could go to Hell and that Heaven is the supreme satisfaction you would not say what you say.

But I am right, whether something is true or false is beyond you
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:46 pm
Feel the love!
0 Replies

timur

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:50 pm
Philistine Brother wrote:
Not only that, you are wrong about yourself !!

Oh, yeah! The Great counter example at his best!

How can you utter such crap?

You don't know me, my knowledge, my thoughts, my level of introspection.

Still, you pretend to know me better than I do.

You have been displaying your total ignorance and hypocrisy since you arrived in this forum.

Grow up, little man!
0 Replies