Why G W Bush deserves to be re-elected, by eb

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 03:58 pm
LOL Bear! How terrible of me. I bow my head in shame.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 04:01 pm
Montana wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
Hi Montana, nice to meet you.

"Some people act is if single parents are lesser people than those who are married and frankly, that burns my ass!"

I am not one of them. But I am one who believes, as I stated, that with choice comes personal responsibility for that choice. Don't you?

Of course I do. I'm a single parent and have always taken full responsability for my child. He didn't grow up with a silver sppon in his mouth and at 17 years old, he has grown to be a fine young man. He kind, caring, smart, respectful, polite, loving, and honest, so what's the problem?

Absolutely no problem. You have done exactly what I advocate and you have my sincere respect for doing a difficult job well.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 04:13 pm
Thank you Larry, but not everyone is able to manage as I have. I've known women and men who have been abandoned by their spouses who were in situations where they had no place to turn. I was lucky that my mother was there to babysit for me so I could go out and earn a living to provide for my son. I wouldn't have been able to afford a babysitter otherwise and if my mother were not there to help (God bless her), I would have been in serous financial trouble. I'm not just speaking for myself as a single parent, but I'm also speaking for the married people who are abandoned with children. Single or married, it's all the same thing as both parents are responsible for providing for their child. I never planned my pregnancy, but I never thought of my son as a mistake or a bad choice and the only regret I have is that his father is human scum.
The real problem here are the selfish losers who abandon their children, single or not.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 04:22 pm
Bush has made several appointment during his term as president which have gone virtually unnoticed. They are more indicative of his real views and agenda than any speech ever could be.

Bush chose Nancy Pfotenhauer, president and CEO of the right-wing Independent Women's Forum, to serve on the National Advisory Committee on Violence Against Women. The IWF actively opposed the Violence Against Women Act. According to IWF's web site, "The battered women's movement has outlived its useful beginnings."

Bush appointed Wade Horn as assistant secretary for family support in the U.S. Health and Human Services Department. As president of the National Fatherhood Institute, Horn said that low-income kids whose parents aren't married should be last in line for Head Start and other benefits. Horn tried to back away from tnese statements at his confirmation hearings. Then, after Horn's appointment, HHS began to offer special services to welfare recipients - if they agree to marry.

President Bush chose Leon Kass, MD to head the President's Council of Bioethics. Kass has written, "For the first time in human history, mature women by the tens of thousands live the entire decade of their twenties - their most fertile years - neither in the homes of their fathers nor in the homes of their husbands; unprotected, lonely, and out of sync with their inborn nature."

In June 2004, Bush re-appointed Dr. W David Hager to the Food and Drug Administration's Reproductive Health Drugs Advisory Committee. Hager has written about Christ's ability to heal women's illnesses and reportedly refused to prescribe contraceptives to unmarried women. Hager was the leading force behind the FDA's rejection of over-the-counter sales of emergency contraception, over the overwhelming recommendation of two FDA advisory panels.

The Senate in July 2004 approved Bush's nomination of James Leon Holmes to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kansas. Bolmes, an anti-Abortion Rights activist, supports a Constitutional amendment to ban all abortions and said that "concern for rape victims is a red herring because conceptions from rape occur with approximately the same frequency as snowfall in Miami." Holmes has also spoken out against the separation of church and state, and co-wrote (with his wife) an article proclaiming that, "The wife is to subordinate herself to the husband... and... place herself under the authority of the man." Holmes' views on women's rights can be summed up in his belief that supporting feminism ultimately contributes "to the culture of death."

www.emilyslist.org
0 Replies

dare2think

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:36 pm
Larry434 wrote:
"yes damn those women who have chosen to be single mothers....if they're poor....bitches deserve it....."

Yup, one's choices have consequences. If you cannot afford a child and choose to have one, the consequences are bad for you and the child.

Then most of the country wouldn't have children, by your rationale! Selfish Republicans never fail to amaze me.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 01:13 am
Republicans, the party of right thinking Christian Americans say don't have a child if you can't afford it......yet the Bible commands us to be fruitful and multiply and Jesus preaches that the poor will always be with us....my my this IS a quandary
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 02:33 pm
Pretty narrow thinking that all Republicans are Christian or all Christian Americans are Republican. It would be like saying Democrats, the party of Atheist Americans...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 02:41 pm
Most of the time when Democrats refer to Republicans as Christians it either means hypocritical Christians or fundamentalist. It is not meant to put down reasonable believers. That's my take on it.
0 Replies