Why G W Bush deserves to be re-elected, by eb

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 12:16 pm
At the sizzling rate the economy is recovering, Bush may well deliver on his promise of new jobs. At least job. I predict that by election day the statistics will show his administration on the plus side, with either one or two jobs on the plus side of when he began four years ago. Therefore, he becomes a real job creator and deserves our vote.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,577 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 12:47 pm
Re: Why G W Bush deserves to be re-elected, by eb
edgarblythe wrote:
At the sizzling rate the economy is recovering, Bush may well deliver on his promise of new jobs. At least job. I predict that by election day the statistics will show his administration on the plus side, with either one or two jobs on the plus side of when he began four years ago. Therefore, he becomes a real job creator and deserves our vote.

Considering the recession facing him at the beginning of his term, the economic forces of globalization, and 911, breaking even ain't at all bad, IMO.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 12:50 pm
Whew. You got that right. One whole job is worth the thousands of deaths in Iraq alone.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 01:02 pm
With July numbers being adjusted up from 32,000 to 73,000, (and the apparent ability to adjust any numbers), it may actually be double your one projected job gain by November.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 01:37 pm
the job numbers remind me of all the voters LBJ dugup in the graveyards in texas. jobs lost under Bush= 2 million, jobs gained under Bush= 250,000. new math my ass. same old lies.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 02:26 pm
dyslexia wrote:
new math my ass. same old lies.

yep. but a whole new generation of kids to swallow them :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 02:36 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
new math my ass. same old lies.

yep. but a whole new generation of kids to swallow them :wink:

Sad, but true!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 02:45 pm
squinney wrote:
With July numbers being adjusted up from 32,000 to 73,000, (and the apparent ability to adjust any numbers), it may actually be double your one projected job gain by November.

So these #that show postive for Bush must be false, but #'s like the insurance and poverty against Bush must be true.

I would love to see the break donw on all the #'s that you agree with. How many of the people in poverty and without insurance are US citizens? How many of those without insurance have chosen not to have insurance? How many of those in poverty are single mothers and how many have chosen to be sigle mothers for one reason or another. At what level is it considered to be living in poverty, what really is the dollar amount. Before I accept this reports I would like the answers to the questions, until they are answered I will think the #'s were doctored just as you claim the job #'s were.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 03:02 pm
Baldimo wrote:
squinney wrote:

So these #that show postive for Bush must be false, but #'s like the insurance and poverty against Bush must be true.

I would love to see the break donw on all the #'s that you agree with. How many of the people in poverty and without insurance are US citizens? How many of those without insurance have chosen not to have insurance? How many of those in poverty are single mothers and how many have chosen to be sigle mothers for one reason or another. At what level is it considered to be living in poverty, what really is the dollar amount. Before I accept this reports I would like the answers to the questions, until they are answered I will think the #'s were doctored just as you claim the job #'s were.

yes damn those women who have chosen to be single mothers....if they're poor....bitches deserve it.....baldimo you are a true prince, compassionate and conservative, walking the Earth. I only pray that one day you will be in a postion, whether of your own making or not, to be the receipient of the tender mercies you so obviously believe in and are so willing to express. What a guy!!!!
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 03:28 pm
"yes damn those women who have chosen to be single mothers....if they're poor....bitches deserve it....."

Yup, one's choices have consequences. If you cannot afford a child and choose to have one, the consequences are bad for you and the child.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 03:38 pm
Larry
It's not that cut and dry. All situations are different. Some couples choose to have children, yet decide not to get married and if one of the parents decides they want out, then obviously one of the parents is left to care for the child. Even if they do get married, there are plenty of spouses that abandon their children. Regardless if the mother is single or not, the father is responsible for helping provide for the child.
Some people act is if single parents are lesser people than those who are married and frankly, that burns my ass!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 03:40 pm
and how very Larry of you to assume that single mother equals=made that choice and deserves what she gets.......how nice to live in the ivory tower.......I was raised by a single mother.......because my father, to whom she was married....deserted us in a gas station on my fourth birthday....of course we deserved it........I've known you all my life buddy....if it rains your type is in danger of drowning.....IMO....
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 03:40 pm
Larry434 wrote:
"yes damn those women who have chosen to be single mothers....if they're poor....bitches deserve it....."

Yup, one's choices have consequences. If you cannot afford a child and choose to have one, the consequences are bad for you and the child.

larry, larry larry... what compassionate conservatism...

my sister in law raised to great kids on her own. without welfare and all except fora few months carrying her second, who was conceived shortly before she dumped her drug addicted jackass of a husband. but she sure could have used some affordable insurance.

but, does your 2nd comment mean that you would favor her having the option of an abortion??
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 03:41 pm
Hi Montana, nice to meet you.

"Some people act is if single parents are lesser people than those who are married and frankly, that burns my ass!"

I am not one of them. But I am one who believes, as I stated, that with choice comes personal responsibility for that choice. Don't you?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 03:43 pm
Larry434 wrote:

So, you're saying that being poor is bad for a child? From what I've seen over the years, people who grew up poor I find are much more caring people than ones who grew up with a silver spoon in their mouths ;-)
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 03:43 pm
Montana wrote:
It's not that cut and dry. .....
Some people act is if single parents are lesser people than those who are married and frankly, that burns my ass!

liberal! don't you get that if every single person on the face of the earth practiced abstinance, under any circumstance, that the problem would solve itself. quickly. and finally!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 03:44 pm
Larry434 wrote:

"Some people act is if single parents are lesser people than those who are married and frankly, that burns my ass!"

I am not one of them. But I am one who believes, as I stated, that with choice comes personal responsibility for that choice. Don't you?

One sharp retort from Montana and the backpedaling begins....very strong and courageous...and not unexpected....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 03:44 pm
so suffer the children because daddy and mommy may have made some bad decisions (or not)
Doh!
"
Quote:
Yup, one's choices have consequences. If you cannot afford a child and choose to have one, the consequences are bad for you and the child
."
as precise an example of Republican compassion as I am likely ever to see, yes indeed we should all hold the child responsible for the mistakes of the parent(s).
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 03:48 pm
Larry434 wrote:

Of course I do. I'm a single parent and have always taken full responsability for my child. He didn't grow up with a silver sppon in his mouth and at 17 years old, he has grown to be a fine young man. He kind, caring, smart, respectful, polite, loving, and honest, so what's the problem?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 03:55 pm
The problem Montana is that by being a successful single parent, or by rising above difficult circumstances...you remove certain people, some of who might even be posting on this thread, from a bit of their comfort zone, and also it makes you guilty of the sin of ruining their self affirming Superior Dance. So shame on you, hot ass or not. :wink: Razz
0 Replies