Bill Clinton's Bogus Heart Surgery

sozobe

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 12:26 pm
Nah, I think BPB is just thoroughly disillusioned. I'm getting there. I keep being unpleasantly surprised at what apparently intelligent, regular people are willing to swallow. I keep watching machinations and thinking "yeah right, good luck with getting people to believe THAT" and ya know, they do. Not totally stupid people, either. And it's just so damn depressing.

-sigh-
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 12:27 pm
Is delusional or he has just forgotten where he came from? I am so tired of his fake down home act.

Clinton smoked but didn't inhale (I see no reason for him to say such a stupid thing unless it was actually true) pot, but to my knowledge there has never even been a hint about him using any other drug. Whereas Bush has been rumored to have used cocain in his "mispent youth."

Clinton has said more than likely it was his bad eating habits that caught up with him. Since leaving office he has lost weight and has tried to eat better. (according to an article I read this morning about it.)

I bet if this man died there would be wild theories about that too.

I am glad that I am going to go out of town forthe coming weekend and so miss little nugets like this.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 12:34 pm
revel wrote:

Clinton smoked but didn't inhale (I see no reason for him to say such a stupid thing unless it was actually true) pot, but to my knowledge there has never even been a hint about him using any other drug.

Where have you been for the last 15 years or thereabouts? You never read Roger Clinton's statement that his brother (Slick) had a "nose like a vacuum cleaner"?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 01:04 pm
Disillusioned is the word of the day, at least for thinking people who try to believe that most people aren't really naive enough to believe blatant lies. I'm sick to death of this phony, patriotic ferver from the Repubs.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 01:12 pm
Hi D...I was talking with your fellow, but we got interrupted.

Who wudda thunk the Nixon era was going to return, but this time, with the media cowed or controlled?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 01:19 pm
You have to admire the Republican campaign. They set it up perfectly. Got the swiftvets out there just before the convention, and before Kerry had a chance to get back on his feet they rammed it home with the macho macho convention. Kerry's only hope is if a guy comes forward and says he had an affair with the president.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 01:25 pm
Or a donkey.

There is the admiration one can have for an electoral team who strategizes well. But, by itself, it's really no more worthy of admiration than a successful rape or a triumph in an alley fight or what the Hutus did to the Tutsis.

What is rather more important is what they do with the victory. And here, there's rather a lot which is far more worthy of outright disgust than admiration.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 01:28 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
You have to admire the Republican campaign. They set it up perfectly. Got the swiftvets out there just before the convention, and before Kerry had a chance to get back on his feet they rammed it home with the macho macho convention. Kerry's only hope is if a guy comes forward and says he had an affair with the president.

sorry, i can't admire a bunch of disingenuous, manipulating, fear mongering, back-biting, hypocritical bulls**t artists..

treachery is not a family value.

unless your name is bush, ellis or o'neill. then it's also a virtue.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 01:29 pm
blatham wrote:
What is rather more important is what they do with the victory. And here, there's rather a lot which is far more worthy of outright disgust than admiration.

That's actually what I'm very afraid of. For a party, or whatever it is, to do what they've been doing in order to secure power makes me very concerned about what exactly they have planned.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 01:51 pm
Hey dys....I'm having a pretty good time here......
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 04:11 pm
holy ****, i just got it-- tongue in cheek posting by bi-polar bear. i was feeling bad that clinton is ailing, so it struck me as a bit insensitive...
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 04:16 pm
DOH !!!!!!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 05:44 pm
sozobe wrote:
Nah, I think BPB is just thoroughly disillusioned. I'm getting there. I keep being unpleasantly surprised at what apparently intelligent, regular people are willing to swallow. I keep watching machinations and thinking "yeah right, good luck with getting people to believe THAT" and ya know, they do. Not totally stupid people, either. And it's just so damn depressing.

-sigh-

yes
0 Replies