Thanks W

swolf

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 09:35 am
dlowan wrote:
Hmmm - I would rather such actions, than such thoughts as you two revel in here, John B and Swolf, with your sickening comments about other human beings, faulty and fallible as we all are.

I shall happily leave you two to play in the sad prisons of your own skulls.

You say the truth (about your man Slick) hurts? Most normal people would figure you deserve it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 09:44 am
Shocked
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 09:44 am
Re: fdgh
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Harper wrote:

Since when is receiving oral sex a perversion?

Well, for quite a long time on some places, but that's beside the point. Personally, I don't see it as a perversion, but then I never really had much of a problem with the fact that Bill Clinton might want to insert a cigar into a woman's vagina and then smoke it.

Trouble is, the vagina didn't belong to Hilary, and the vagina did belong to a young White House intern.

Shrug off adultery. For all we know, the Clinton's had an "open marriage," but how does a woman (even a transgendered one) shrug off the clear and unequivocal sexual harassment of, arguably, the most powerful man in the world of a young and impressionable woman?

Is it because the fat slut wanted it?

Poor Bill, seduced by a nymphomaniac intern.

It wasn't sexual harassment if it were I would denounce it. Clearly, this was adult consensual sex.

And I purposely phrased my question:

Since when is receiving oral sex a perversion?

Well, you could make the argument "since Levitticus" which also states the that adulteresses must be stowasned to death.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 09:47 am
Re: sfdfds
johnbelushi wrote:
come on I'd bang a nice booty sister if i owned her and so would you!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man!

Why is it that I feel an urgent need to bathe each time I read one of jb's posts. Yecccccccccccchhhhhhh!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 10:11 am
Quote:
For many months we've been warned by tut-tutting commentators about the evils of irrational "Bush hatred." Pundits eagerly scanned the Democratic convention for the disease; some invented examples when they failed to find it. Then they waited eagerly for outrageous behavior by demonstrators in New York, only to be disappointed again.

There was plenty of hatred in Manhattan, but it was inside, not outside, Madison Square Garden...

Why are the Republicans so angry? One reason is that they have nothing positive to run on (during the first three days, Mr. Bush was mentioned far less often than John Kerry).

The promised economic boom hasn't materialized, Iraq is a bloody quagmire, and Osama bin Laden has gone from "dead or alive" to he-who-must-not-be-named.

Another reason, I'm sure, is a guilty conscience. At some level the people at that convention know that their designated hero is a man who never in his life took a risk or made a sacrifice for his country, and that they are impugning the patriotism of men who have...

But the vitriol also reflects the fact that many of the people at that convention, for all their flag-waving, hate America. They want a controlled, monolithic society; they fear and loathe our nation's freedom, diversity and complexity.
link

Welcome to the future of American political discourse.

Of course, there has always been people like these two that deb refers to...quick to hate, deeply uncomfortable with complexity, and ready at the drop of a pin to follow any leader who understands them, because he is like them, into war, into division, and into their neighbor's house to root out the evil that is surely there.

In another discussion, finn, often a smart fellow, derided Krugman's sentence (the one in bold) as 'unadulterated crap'. But he's wrong, and that he and so many others cannot perceive the truth in Krugman's observation is the scariest part.

The republican convention, the last three years of this administration, the eight years of concerted efforts to remove Clinton from office, and much that has gone before leading to the re-alignment of the conservative movement in the US has been a story of the purposeful promotion of hatred, the purposeful promotion of division, and the purposeful use of deceit, falsehoods, and simplifications to the end of achieving monolithic power.

One out of six Americans now hold that the UN is the enemy. One out of four believe that France is the enemy. And at the convention, how many cheered to hear it said that the enemy are those who disagree with, or who speak out against the ideas of, the President? How many here say "yes!" to all of the above?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 10:23 am
so Blatham, are you saying that Bill Clinton's heart problems are caused by eating all those French fries?
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 10:44 am
dyslexia wrote:
so Blatham, are you saying that Bill Clinton's heart problems are caused by eating all those French fries?

Slick's problem is not his eating habits; it's his snorting habits. The reason you don't read about that sort of thing more often is probably that most cokeheads die from other causes before they die of heart attacks.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 10:47 am
Quote:
Slick's problem is not his eating habits; it's his snorting habits. The reason you don't read about that sort of thing more often is probably that most cokeheads die from other causes before they die of heart attacks.

That can't be true swolf, George Bush looks quite healthy.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 10:48 am
Hi dys. Sorry, I'm not feeling particularly light-hearted these days. A mutual friend (petite, large mouth) has taken to calling me 'black cloud bernie', with fair justification. You're an old friend, and dear. Let me talk to you for a minute.

Last night, I heard Tucker Carlson, a fellow I disagree with far more often than not but for whom I hold a lot of respect and affinity, and he noted that some people on either side of the spectrum consider that this election is the most important of their lifetimes, but added comfortingly that 'everything will be alright'. Maybe. But maybe not.

And I recognize too, with dismay, how my concerns seem so similar to those expressed by the folks who fear liberalism is mere inches away from destroying all America stands for. It's a sobering similarity. Smart folks here have attempted to sober me further by pointing to that similarity, even if I was cognizant of it already.

But the similarities are superficial, rather like identifying Ann Coulter and Hunter Thompson as mirror images because they both yell.

I'm quite worried, old friend.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 11:05 am
Blatham, always keep in the mind the words of our dear freind Hunter
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 11:19 am
Finn D'Abuzz is right about Krugman's pure, unadulterated crap You're right to be depressed. I sometimes get the feeling that even the NY Times wishes he'd shut up and stick to reporting on economic issues.

By the way, did anyone else catch the misspelling of 'economist' in a recent issue? I guess times are indeed tough if they've had to pink slip their spell-checker. I have it on good authority that they axed their fact-checkers some time ago.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 11:22 am
Can't attack the message, attack the messenger.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 11:23 am
that's very interesting JW I have it on even better authority that Bush via Ashcroft have made a determination that "fact-checkers" are all to be held under the Patriot Act until such time as Bush manages to retire to Connecticut and have all his records sealed.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 11:27 am
Only the out-of-work, ex-NY Times fact-checkers, though.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 11:28 am
are there others? Oh, your probably right since neither Fox News nor the Washington times have ever had "fack-checkers"
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 11:34 am
JustWonders wrote:

By the way, did anyone else catch the misspelling of 'economist' in a recent issue? I guess times are indeed tough if they've had to pink slip their spell-checker. I have it on good authority that they axed their fact-checkers some time ago.

Is this the ultimate typo flame?

But she misspelled w-e-a-k.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 12:19 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Finn D'Abuzz is right about Krugman's pure, unadulterated crap You're right to be depressed. I sometimes get the feeling that even the NY Times wishes he'd shut up and stick to reporting on economic issues.

Finn's a friend, and often right, but not here.

The species of generalization he makes, and that you second, are intellectually uncareful and uncourageous, and increasingly common. And they typify the practice and strategy of much modern conservative discourse. It is impoverished.

What is distressing is not that much of the modern conservative movement has become as venal as it has, or as Machiavellian in its speech and acts, or even in its intrinisic disgust with diversity and multi-plicity of viewpoint, or even in its direction towards a polity that Lincoln wouldn't even recognize. What is distressing is that you and finn suck it up and repeat it like folks in Frankfurt passing on how Jews are just like rats.
0 Replies