Thanks W

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:54 pm
Whatever your partisanship I'm sure you agree, we want to personally thank George W. Bush for letting us respect the oval office agian. I was worried for awhile that the Clinton years had permanently smeared the moral standards for the presidency, now I can look at the office with the respect and clout it so long has held, Thanks from all of us W.

DISCLAIMER: above statement pertains to moral/decency issues not forign policy, writer is not responsible for any misrepresenation of third parties.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,719 • Replies: 76
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:55 pm
I have always respected the oval office. Are you admitting that you didn't respect the highest office in the land? That's unamerican.
0 Replies

johnbelushi

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:59 pm
fdgh
I didn't respect the moral standards of the oval office under Clinton. As the highest office in the land they have a responsibility to not only be moral and honest, but to be extremely decent, Clinton's perversions were a disgrace to his own position, you can argue about alot but not about him letting our already eroding sense of general decency down.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:01 pm
I think that decency is in the eye of the beholder.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:05 pm
Even when I didn't think Hillary was doing that great a job, I thought well of the presidency. Whomever has the job deserves the respect due to the very nature of the position.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:11 pm
Well said McG. Even though I think Cheney is a scowling dog, I respect his office and that of his handpuppet.

<insert tongue in cheek>
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:29 pm
Hilarious to see all this touting of "respect." Was this concern for "respecting the moral standards of the oval office" (although I'm not sure the oval office itself can have moral standards... the officeholder, maybe) in place when Republican blackguards were spreading vicious rumors about the "murder" of Vince Foster or frittering away untold sums in taxpayer monies to investigate the non-scandal of Whitewater?

Yeah, I didn't think so.....

As for respecting the current officeholder, I'd be more inclined to do so if 1000 some odd American kids weren't dead because of lies he told just to get back at the guy who tried to off his old man. To be fair, though, he did get that nifty pistol of Saddam's as a souvenir.

I'm sure that's a comfort to the families of the dead.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:47 pm
Yep. Bush might as well have taken them out one at a time and shot them in the head behind the white house. after all, you seem to think they died for no reason what-so-ever. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:52 pm
At least Bush and his Republican party is willing to fight terror and search for the causes ... oh wait, didn't Bush and his party object to a research after 9/11, while Democrats were urging to do so? Silly me!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:00 pm
They have died for no reason, at least not one that we were originally given as true by this administration. So you're right, Bush might just as well have shot them all in the head. He could've used Saddam's pistol.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:25 pm
Re: Thanks W
johnbelushi wrote:
Whatever your partisanship I'm sure you agree, we want to personally thank George W. Bush for letting us respect the oval office agian. I was worried for awhile that the Clinton years had permanently smeared the moral standards for the presidency, now I can look at the office with the respect and clout it so long has held, Thanks from all of us W.

To me it's not a question of decency so much as basic sanitation and public health. In W.'s place in 01, beore I'd have set foot in the whitehouse I'd have insisted that the place be aired out for a month, all doors and windows open with fans blowing, totally repainted, fumigated, sanitized, all carpets replaced, all doorknobs replaced, all furniture, all bathroom fixtures of any sort, etc. etc. etc.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:37 pm
I think there's a term for that little problem of yours, swolf. You know, when you're constantly having to wash your hands and spray disinfectant on everything.

But not to worry, it's nothing a doctor can't help you with. You'll be OK in no time!
0 Replies

johnbelushi

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:50 pm
guess wehat
NEWS FLASH: were all going to die for no reason. so what if your a soldier then you should never in million years have expected it to be so safe in IRaq and Afganistan. It seems to less exceptable among some for a SOLDIER to die then a police officer. Either way around a 1,000 dead from september 2001 to Sept. 2004 in two countries is amazing low. I have long tradition of military service and many friends who serve now, I live right next an Air Force base and I can tell you that in an army of volunteers, thats key VOLUNTEERS, this war has been waged agianst a very weak adversary and has been conducted extremely well. You know the risks when enlist in the army of your own accord, these guys are not draftees. Most of my firend over there think that it was a push over.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:08 pm
How about the National Guard folks whose tours have gone and on. Are they among your circle, too, jb?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:33 pm
We're all going to die for no reason, ergo it's okay to be shuttled off to hasten the process on the venal whim of whatever Fearless Leader is in charge?

Hmm. Interesting "logic" worthy of Stalin, Mao or (dare I say it?) Hitler...
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:43 pm
Re: Thanks W
johnbelushi wrote:

DISCLAIMER: above statement pertains to moral/decency issues not forign policy, writer is not responsible for any misrepresenation of third parties.

Bush has brought more shame to the office than anyone in our history. The first tiome I reads this, I thought you were ebing sarcastic!
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:44 pm
Re: fdgh
johnbelushi wrote:
I didn't respect the moral standards of the oval office under Clinton. As the highest office in the land they have a responsibility to not only be moral and honest, but to be extremely decent, Clinton's perversions were a disgrace to his own position, you can argue about alot but not about him letting our already eroding sense of general decency down.

Since when is receiving oral sex a perversion?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:50 pm
Re: fdgh
Harper wrote:
Since when is receiving oral sex a perversion?

since when ya can't get your uptight, right-wing, chastity happy wife to give it to you, i guess...

"if'n i ain't a gittin' it, NOBODY'S gonna git it!"

Laughing
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:52 pm
Not only that, but if I ain't gettin' it, IT'S A PERVERSION!!!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:59 pm
Sexual activity doesn't bother me very much. I think, for example, if John Ashcroft would like to, in the privacy of his own home, receive quality anal sex courtesy of the Thing From The Black Lagoon, that's his business, and I hope he has fun.

If Barbara Bush enjoys oral sex from her husband, or even from the Mexican poolman, that too is not my business, and again, I hope they all have fun.
0 Replies