More bad news for Kerry

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:18 pm
No one is forced to do anything. That's the great thing about America, you can be only as good as you want to be.

Many people enjoy the work they do, even at McDonalds and Walmart. But, the liberal "elite" feel that those jobs just aren't good enough! What kind of self-respectiong idiot would actually work at those kinds of jobs! The horror!! Attitudes held by people like Harper merely reflect back on themselves as the decry the bitterness of the government handout to corporations because the social stigma of actually working at a job could be considered a hinderance to ones social endeavors.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:21 pm
Bah. You are trying to make it seem as if there are a ton of jobs out there, and people only have to work at McDonald's by choice.

It's not about the social stigmata, it's about the lack of a living wage. I would gather that most who work at McD's and are not managers are not too fond of their level of pay.

It's not the job itself that isn't good enough, it's the tiny wages that go along with it. The factory worker who is laid off, and can't find a job in his town, has to feed his family; he takes a job there because he has to.

Now, should he keep looking for a new job? Of course! But the new jobs being created don't pay as much, on average, as the old ones did. This is a problem for our worker; he's got a family to feed, after all....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:39 pm
Surveys do not show that the majority of people enjoy their work -- that is a fantasy that is inexplicable to explain. So quantity is always better than quality. I'm sure that's one's attitude when they purchase something for their own use. In my field, one can certainly afford twenty worthless commercial prints to one really good original. One could also be satisfied with the lighting that builders install in homes which is of very poor quality. But there certainly is a lot of it. Of course, if it wasn't of poor quality, I wouldn't have as many clients. That's what this adminstration would have one believe -- count your blessings and be satisfied with what you've got. Sounds like Marie Antoinette and you know what happened to her. George wouldn't miss his head, however, 'cause he doesn't use it.
0 Replies