I get really depressed because I am 21 and have never been asked out?

ionable

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 11:58 pm
@ossobuco,
True, I should not self worry and I will take your advice. But sometimes I cannot help it because I feel like many girls my age are being asked out and guys are asking girls for their numbers and not me. Lol, reading your post, I am already jealous that you were able to get asked out so many times in college and I haven't even been asked out once.
0 Replies

notoriousbigeek

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 02:19 am
@ionable,
As a person who is overweight and is barely getting on the dating scene (same age as you, 21), you sound like you're dealing with some serious self esteem issues. I don't wear makeup or dress nice but hey I try once in a while. It's not about the make up you wear or how good your body looks. Sure, physical attraction is significant and such, but how you interact with folks around you is really important. It took me a while to get asked out or have someone be interested in me. But you also have to try to get out there and do it yourself. I don't know if you go to college or not, but maybe enroll in some sort of activity or class which can help you find people. That's how I met the first person I dated. Good luck getting asked out! Just know that this is pretty normal and that there's a lot of girls who are still virgins, never been kissed or asked out before. Trust me, you're not the only one! Smile
0 Replies

rubbywilliams

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 11:50 pm
Just be natural and don't try to impress anyone. Don't bother yourself much about this. It will happen for you but not everyday.
0 Replies