Baldimo

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 09:38 pm
Quote:
NEW YORK - In what has been described by Navy officials as a routine process, the Pentagon's inspector general's office on Thursday referred to the secretary of the Navy a request to investigate medals won by Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (search) during the Vietnam War.
Government watchdog group Judicial Watch (search) submitted the request for an investigation. Navy sources said the service will probe the medals, but added that most questions have arisen because of what appear to be errors in processing records.
Kerry received five medals during his four months in combat in Vietnam. Judicial Watch asked the Pentagon to investigate Kerry's receipt of the Silver Star with a "Combat V" designation (search), which stands for valor under fire.
Kerry's campaign Web site includes military records listing the Combat V citation. Navy procedures show that the Silver Star cannot carry a Combat V designation because part of the reason the medal is awarded is for valor under fire �- the added designation would be redundant. The findings of the probe, therefore, will not change the record of Kerry's Vietnam service.
In a letter to Judicial Watch, the inspector general's office said: "Concerning our allegations of violations of Uniform Code of Military Justice (search), we have the responsibility to ... 'report suspected or alleged violations.' We have informed the secretary of the Navy of the allegations."
Kerry campaign adviser Michael Meehan released a statement to FOX News that criticized the attention being paid to the request.
"The facts are clear, the Navy awarded John Kerry the Silver Star, a Bronze Star with a Combat V and three Purple Hearts. It is waste of taxpayer's dollars and the Pentagon's time, especially during wartime, to investigate a 35-year-old Navy clerical error," the statement reads.
The Navy has said that it's the responsibility of all personnel to correct errors in official records.
In 1996, Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Jeremy Boorda committed suicide when he learned that a reporter was about to disclose he had wrongly worn two Combat V pins on a Bronze Star, a medal that does not denote valor under fire.
At the time, Kerry told the Boston Herald that wrongly wearing the medals is a severe error in judgment.
"Is it wrong? Yes, it is very wrong. Sufficient to question his leadership position? The answer is yes," he is quoted as saying.
Kerry also spoke to the Boston Globe about the matter.
"If you wind up being less than what you're pretending to be, there is a major confrontation with value, self-esteem and your sense of how others view you."
Judicial Watch representatives said the group also wants an investigation into Kerry's third citation for the same Silver Star. In 1986, Kerry received the third citation after requesting a copy of his original citations. This one carried the signature and some additional words of praise under the signature of then-Navy Secretary John Lehman (search).
In a statement to FOX News, Lehman, who served on the Sept. 11 commission that investigated pre-2001 terror attack intelligence failings, said he had no idea why Kerry received a third citation under his signature, and that Navy records should be "thoroughly researched and the facts established."
Meanwhile, in an exclusive interview with FOX News, former President George H.W. Bush said questions raised about Kerry's protests against the Vietnam War were legitimate, and he saw nothing wrong with airing a TV ad assailing Kerry's anti-war testimony by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (search), a loosely regulated, independent political action group known as a 527.
"My view is the advertisement showing Senator Kerry as a young veteran coming back and using his own words to describe atrocities committed by his own soldiers, sailors, marines or whatever it is, is devastating," Bush said.
Bush 41 also said Kerry owes the nation and Vietnam veterans an apology.
"I think it is not enough to say, well, I made a youthful indiscretion, and I think Senator Kerry ought to apologize."

Is Kerry going to be in trouble or is his position going to keep him safe? Either way it is further proof that Kerry isn't fit for command. Come Nov. 2nd the people will decide.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,100 • Replies: 23
No top replies

1q2w3e

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 09:51 pm
Kerry promised to release his military records, he still has not released the vast majority of them.

What is Kerry so afraid of that he breaks his promise?

And where are the people who were criticising Bush, calling for his records to be released? Are these people hypocrites when they don't demand the same of Kerry?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:06 pm
1q2w3e wrote:
Kerry promised to release his military records, he still has not released the vast majority of them.

And where are the people who were criticising Bush, calling for his records to be released? Are these people hypocrites when they don't demand the same of Kerry?

Do you even have to really ask that question? Oh course they're not going to. That would place him in jeopardy of winning (not that he's going to any ways) the top slot.

I find it interesting that the Kerry supporters aren't posting here. I guess they don't have a response.

More then likely he will be found not guilty of faking his record. He will claim an error and then blame the Rep's for the issue. I'll be paying attention to see what happens.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:07 pm
This has already been debunked.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:09 pm
1q2w3e wrote:

Kerry submitted all his records for review by the press. Nothing untoward was uncovered.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:12 pm
Kerry has 94 pages of his record which are yet to be released.

And Judicial Watch says the 'V' should be removed.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:24 pm
Kerry submitted all his records for review by the press.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:40 pm
Harper wrote:
Kerry submitted all his records for review by the press.

Nope, he has some that are sealed, I believe when Brinkley wrote his book is when that happened.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:44 pm
Yet another thread on this issue. I'm guessing we average 1-2 new ones a day. Keep up the good work...
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:19 pm
I don't understand what they think they are accomplishing with this silliness.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:26 pm
Come on Harper play along, your man is going to loose and there is nothing you can do to help. He brought it upon himself and you can't stand the fact that there is something behind it. It must suck to be a sore loser.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:32 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Come on Harper play along, your man is going to loose (sic) and there is nothing you can do to help. He brought it upon himself and you can't stand the fact that there is something behind it. It must suck to be a sore loser.

LOL what was that blantant (sic) lie that has already been debunked?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 09:56 pm
Harper wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Come on Harper play along, your man is going to loose (sic) and there is nothing you can do to help. He brought it upon himself and you can't stand the fact that there is something behind it. It must suck to be a sore loser.

Here's a source.

Here's another source.

Will these work for you?
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 07:26 am
Baldimo wrote:
Harper wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

Here's a source.

Here's another source.

Will these work for you?

Just as I suspected.

Will these work for me?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

You posted nosense from Newsmax and Worldnet, the documented source of numerous libelous smears on Democrats for years. Sir or Madam. You have destroyed any semblance of credibilty you might have had with well informed readers and posters here.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 08:33 am
LOL! Geez Brand X, now neither you nor georgeob1 have any credibility!
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 08:35 am
Remember Harper's Rule, when all you got is LOL you lose!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 08:44 am
I can't help myself. You say so many things that make me laugh.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 08:46 am
McGentrix wrote:

Projection is a bitch.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 09:54 am
Brand X wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Projection is a bitch.

But posting nothing of substance but merely a snide and obtuse remark is even more of a bitch.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 02:26 pm
Harper wrote:
Brand X wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Projection is a bitch.

But posting nothing of substance but merely a snide and obtuse remark is even more of a bitch.
So I guess you have no credibility because you almost never post any facts but always have a snide opinion.

You are guilty of the pot calling the kettle black.
0 Replies