Please tell me if i'm wrong to feel the way I do

730love

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2016 06:34 pm
My sons Father and I were in a relationship that took off fairly quickly. We were together for 2 years. (Engaged six short months after meeting) Things had gotten extremely rocky at times and it was unbareable. I've always been the type to want my own job and money, but in the beginning, he'd tell my family/friends (oh she doesnt have to work, she can stay home blah blah). I became ill and wasnt able to work and at that point, he was carrying all the weight at home. I did my best to keep things in order, (household duties) I just became so tired of being taken for granted. We lived in an appartment building on the 3rd floor, He refused to help bring groceries in, garbage would pile up, qnd he would refuse to take that out as well...I'm a neat person so i kept things in order (he would NOT care about keeping them that way) left dishes in the sink, fook containers everywhere etc. We became strangers basically living together. We finally moved out of the apartment. (Separatly) during this time, i would go to his "bachelor pad" attempting to work on the relationship. I just couldnt get past how CLEAN it was. It was the worse feeling walking in and seeing how easy it was for him to be tidy. Fast forward to a year later, he has a girlfriend. Whom he said was his "roomate". (I'm not stupid, i know better) We co parent well and he claims he told her from the beginning the type of relationship his sons mother and he has. My issue is this, A month ago he sat in my face and said if i could give him 100% he would drop everything he has goin on. I told him i was around 80%. A few days ago he posted a social media status photo of him and his gf that read #powercouple. I also found out they are signing a lease together in their new apartment. He says i'm "in my feelns". But its not even that. I just feel it was EXTREMELY disrespectful and shady (the heart to heart we had) and then u go and do somthn like that 30days later. Its been over a year, i dont expect anyone to sit around with no type of companionship but this is a little extreme to me. His response to me about the convo we had was "basically saying his peace" Please. Any advice on this topic is greatly appreciated
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 495 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2016 06:38 pm
@730love,
Seems from what you wrote, you should be able to arrive at your own conclusion.
730love

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2016 06:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You're absolutely right. And I have. I mainly wanted to vent because I would like to know how others would weigh in on this. I try and live by "don't expect others to do unto you as you would them". I guess we just expect a little MORE from others naturally. Thanks for the reply
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2016 06:55 pm
@730love,
Sounds like he was willing to consider one last try but you weren't in the same place he was so he decided to move on with his current girlfriend.

Your romantic relationship with him ended a year ago.

Focus on being good co-parents and move on with your life.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2016 05:14 am
You don't trust him and he turns into someone you don't admire when he's with you (lazy and needy) so - why should you waste your life waiting for him?
0 Replies