Are we in the Last Days?

Expert2

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 04:05 pm
@RABEL222,
All three aRE man made doctrines AND UNPROVEN.
0 Replies

Expert2

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 04:07 pm
@RABEL222,
All three are man made doctrines AND UNPROVEN.
Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 04:51 pm
You have an odd, a quixotic view of philosophy. I suspect you don't really know what it means. Religion is a man-made doctrine.
Charlie4U

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 09:11 pm
@Setanta,
Oh, here I thought you were speaking about the Big Bang and Evolution has having scientific proofs. Philosophy throws shade. People think more of himself when they use words like quixotic. Gives them false hope.
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 01:37 am
@Setanta,
I think some Christians feel that if they are persecuted for an incoherent inability to put forward basic explanation for their core beliefs, it equates to Jesus sentiments at John 15:18 as if persecution = vindication.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 05:36 am
@Charlie4U,
Of course, i wasn't talking to you. I use the word quixotic because it exactly expresses what i want to convey. Your failings in English comprehension are at fault, not some attitude of mine.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 10:02 pm
@Expert2,
And a God is a proven fact? Show me the proof without quoting the books written by men. The scientific doctrines are closer to proven then a God.
Expert2

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 08:07 pm
@RABEL222,
Hey, I have an epiphany, let's burn all the scientific books and claim Science never existed. :-)
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 10:30 pm
@Expert2,
You have my permission to begin.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 07:55 am
@Expert2,
It's been tried in reverse. Still is in several countries. Get caught sneaking a bible in and you're in big trouble.

I don't think the same is true about science books anywhere.
momoends

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 08:14 am
@Leadfoot,
lie
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 08:25 am
@momoends,
Can you be more specific?

I'll give an example: N. Korea.
Know Anyplace you can't take a physics textbook?
momoends

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 08:31 am
@Leadfoot,
can you? you are the one that should defend their affirmations, not the other way around
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 08:36 am
@momoends,
Sorry, I've lost your train of thought here
momoends

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 09:50 am
@Leadfoot,
figures
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 10:17 am
@momoends,
Quote:
you are the one that should defend their affirmations, not the other way around

Who are 'they' and what are their affirmations?

And what was the lie?
momoends

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 10:19 am
@Leadfoot,
sorry your affirmations:
----It's been tried in reverse. Still is in several countries. Get caught sneaking a bible in and you're in big trouble.
----I don't think the same is true about science books anywhere.
--Can you be more specific?
--I'll give an example: N. Korea.
----Know Anyplace you can't take a physics textbook?

don´t ask me if I know anyplace you can´t take physics textbook as a way to get everything you say true

Ill ask you_----It's been tried in reverse. Still is in several countries. Get caught sneaking a bible in and you're in big trouble.
----I don't think the same is true about science books anywhere.
prove that it has happened more times in history being cristian was dangerous than times scientists had to keep their discoveries for themselves
Expert2

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 10:34 am
@momoends,
Like I said, let's burn all the science books and claim there is no such thing! Anywho, science rejects theories promulgated by the atheist community.

Which controlled experiment proved that an explosion created anything but a mess? None! Your propaganda is being found out. Too bad too sad.
momoends

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 10:43 am
@Expert2,
hahaha what propaganda? I asked somebody to explain and prove their arguments.... or are you expecting me to say yes to everything anybody says and believe its true?
I would appreciate you explaining what you think my propaganda is about?
on the other hand,considering what i said base to "lets burn all the science book" seems quite bipolar. but science rejecting atheist promulgated theories draw my attention: would you mind telling me what that theories are and how science defeated them?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 10:58 am
@momoends,
This was the best and most objective answer I could find on the question of where the bible is banned. Often it is unwritten policies and their enforcement that are the most pernicious.

Quote:
Regrettably, there are many countries with legal or customary restrictions on the Bible. While a total ban is comparatively rare (e.g., North Korea punishes any possession of religious literature by death or imprisonment), it is more common for ownership or distribution to be limited:

To certain government-approved groups only. For example, China allows distribution of Bibles for churches or seminaries that are part of the Three-Self Patriotic Movement / China Christian Council, and they are sold in some bookshops, but cannot generally be mail-ordered by individuals or unregistered churches. Several other nations require government approval before religious books (or any books) can be printed.
To foreigners only. Maldives says citizens must be Muslim, and foreigners are allowed to practice their religion in private; Bibles can be imported for personal use.
In certain languages only. Morocco allows Bibles in French, English, and Spanish, but not Arabic.
Can't publish, but can import. Turkmenistan does not allow publication of Bibles. They can be imported, in limited numbers and with permission, by registered churches.
Restrictions on attempts to convert members of other religions may also result in de facto bans on Bibles. Similarly, government actions in the name of "public order" may have the same effect, even if there is no law specifically banning Bible publication or ownership. In several cases, effective bans on religious freedom take place despite supposed constitutional guarantees to the contrary. Experiences may vary in different parts of the same country, or at different times.

So "illegal" is perhaps the wrong word, and we should instead be thinking of "Can anyone easily obtain a Bible in this country without attracting official difficulties?". Any such list will have fuzzy edges, of course. One indicator might be the ease with which Bible societies are able to do their work. They are organized groups with a missionary element and so the bar is higher for them than for private individuals.

The Gideons have a list of countries where they are not allowed to operate:

Afghanistan, Algeria, China (People's Republic), Comoros, Djibouti, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Maldives, Mauritania, Morocco, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen
However, for some of these countries, other groups exist: there are United Bible Societies chapters for Algeria, Iraq, Morocco, and China, and some presence in Comoros, Djibouti, Mauritania and Somalia. The Catholic Bible Federation also operates in Iran. Not all of these efforts may be entirely government-approved.

For more detailed information, the US State Department issues annual reports on religious freedom with detailed assessments of the conditions on the ground in each country. In particular, they distinguish between what the country's law says, how the government acts, and how the wider society responds.