Are we in the Last Days?

farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 06:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Ive worked in West Virginia and lived in New Orleans. Ive seen of what I speak. Your assertions sound pretty much like a program sheet from Limbaugh, and we all know how he a;ways tells the truth.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 07:26 pm
@farmerman,
Well I listen to Limbaugh and I doubt you do, and for the most part he does tell the truth. At least I've never caught him lying.

I'm not saying you're lying.

I'm sure you saw hungry children, I just am no more prepared to believe you knew everything there was to know about their family lives, then you would be of a similar assertion by me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 11:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You need your brain washed with the strongest detergent, and start all over.
You've been brain-washed by the best. There's a reason why he gets paid the big bucks. Guess what that reason is.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/rush-limbaugh/statements/byruling/pants-fire/
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 01:37 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
. At least I've never caught him lying.

Thats cause your definition of truth begins with a precept that you must first and foremost always agree with your speaker's worldviews.
Limbaugh listeners are not very demanding about what is actual "truth".

I often listen to him and find that much of his "truth" begins with pretty amazing misrepresentations of history. Hes actually a master of "The Big Lie"

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 01:55 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
InNawlins I DID live in a nice section of town (the Garden Ditrict), but saw the constant flow of hunfry and street folks panhandling/ (Ive also spent time in the bridge area around Sacramento ST in San Frans where the homeless congregte in underground cubicles, also saw street guys cooking pigeons over a dump fire in the underground railway tracks beneath the city of Philly)

In West Virginia we lived in "drydoc" trailers among all sorts of Hills n holler folks between Mingo and the Smokies. e left ALL communities where we worked with newly drilled wells for their perpetual use. We always hD DELIVERED ample food rations for us (and for folks who lived there)
We did what we could to help and ,I freely admit, to allay any residual guilt that qe felt about our vastly different circumstances.

I never found many "Whiners" within the groups we met. W gave many mountain folks jobs nd they usually didnt stay long as they were much more comfortable with subsistance lives in the endless sharp sided hills rather than routine jobs.
In New Orleans , EVERYBODY sought work and their career options were pretty well defined by intelligence and educational attainment. (Louisiana hardly ever had resources devoted to giving folks a hand "up").
Seems that all the La governors believed in each amendment of the Bill of Rights and conveniently just forgot everything about what the Preamble said.

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 08:03 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I never found many "Whiners" within the groups we met. W gave many mountain folks jobs nd they usually didnt stay long as they were much more comfortable with subsistance lives in the endless sharp sided hills rather than routine jobs.
Mirrors my experience regardless of location. I have way more than I need and have tried to help when I encountered poverty. It was like trying to train cats or pissing into the wind. Not saying that's a reason to ignore it but poverty needs something more than money to fix it.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 08:09 am
@farmerman,
My husband is a relative homebody (home as in staying in his own county not staying in the house) and only goes to the same places until they feel like home too. In any event, I have always wanted to go to New Orleans and visit all the places Anne Rice mentions in her vampire and witches novels. Maybe when I hit being a senior I'll join one of those tour bus club things.

Sorry to side track into inanities but just saying...
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 11:11 am
@revelette2,
New Orleans is always a good destination for its music, history, and food - not particularly in that order. Do your homework before you go; you will not be disappointed.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 05:15 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Thats cause your definition of truth begins with a precept that you must first and foremost always agree with your speaker's worldviews.
Limbaugh listeners are not very demanding about what is actual "truth".

And you know this based on what?

I often listen to him and find that much of his "truth" begins with pretty amazing misrepresentations of history. Hes actually a master of "The Big Lie"

Then you should be able to give us a couple of examples

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 05:16 pm
@farmerman,
You paint a colorful picture but you don't reveal how you knew all of the personal stories of all the people you saw.
0 Replies

Expert2

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 08:40 pm
@BroRando,
Yes. Atheism is the New Age Religion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 08:44 pm
@Expert2,
Atheism is no religion. There is nothing to 'follow.'
Expert2

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 08:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Atheism is a religion that pushes man made doctrines.

Big Bang
Evolution
Philosophy

Charlie4U

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 09:13 pm
@Expert2,
I would actually go a step further and call atheism a cult. They proselytize their ideals through school and colleges and call their ideals facts.
Expert2

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 10:50 pm
@Charlie4U,
The New State Religion: Atheism

It seems that atheism has become the official stance of America's school system. One way in which many schools and teachers are attempting to indoctrinate students is by the use of new terms to hide the actual intent of the policy maker. For example, the current euphemism for an atheist is a nontheist or naturalist.

If naturalistic evolution is true, why do its true believers have to use political or bullying tactics to quiet creationists (as this author knows from personal experience)? They squash views from others in the attempt to silent their free speech. Something that able2know has done repeatedly. However, Big Brother is watching. Squashing Freedom of Free Speech in the Public Forum will have ratifications and not pleasant ones at that. http://www.icr.org/article/new-state-religion-atheism/

Calling atheism believers and a religion then they will have to play by the same guidelines as everyone else.
roger

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 10:56 pm
@Expert2,
Are you and Charlie talking to yourself?
Expert2

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 11:15 pm
@roger,
And CI

When atheists proselytize it is to convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 02:34 am
It is amazing that billions of theists are so paranoid about a few million people who don't agree with them. They always were into the concept of noble martyrdom, as long as they don't have to actually suffer.
TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 09:07 am
@Expert2,
Yes, I'm sure the
Quote:
ratifications
will not be at all pleasant.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 03:01 pm
@Expert2,
Quote:
Big Bang
Evolution
Philosophy

At least two of these are based on science. Are you by any chance a baptist preacher?