Are we in the Last Days?

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 02:11 pm
@RABEL222,
If there are only 13 virgins, how many will be allowed into heaven? 1? 26?
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 02:41 pm
@Chumly,
Quote:
some are more immune than others to religion’s obscene persuasions.
You mean stuff like 'love others as you love yourself' and other vile advice like that?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 04:24 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I generally agree with you, but this doesn't mean that all change has been for the good or that civilization is not on the precipice of the abyss.

It's possible that the continued progress of mankind is similar to a ball thrown very high into the air. Without a force to continue to extend's it's climb it will fall to earth. At some point the force lifting the ball and the force of gravity equalize and for a second you would be hard pressed to decide whether the ball was going up or coming down.

Think of people taking the marvels of humanity for granted as gravity.

For civilization that moment in time may span decades or centuries.

It also won't take an entire breakdown of societies throughout the world to end human civilization.

We can continue to make progress against diseases that have plagued us for thousands of years, but the day after a foolproof cure for cancer is announced, an antibiotic resistance plague may start in some corner of the world, a virulent virus may escape a lab or be released by terrorists.

I don't buy into Revelations and the End of Days as a second coming of Christ or anything along that religious line, but we could easily be hovering over the abyss.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 04:25 pm
@roger,
One of my favorite jokes.
roger

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 04:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yeah, it's pretty old, isn't it?
Chumly

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 06:22 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
Quote:
You mean stuff like 'love others as you love yourself' and other vile advice like that?
That moral maxim has been around far longer than the bible, and only the brainwashed would believe such absurdly superstitious drivel is needed justify the obvious. In fact, it's called the golden rule, and it's fundamental to human nature due to evolutionary advantage. Your imaginary sky gods are nothing if not obscene.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 06:50 pm
@Chumly,
HEAR HEAR
0 Replies

Charlie4U

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 06:57 pm
I look forward to when the ungodly claim Peace and Security and Religion is no longer.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 09:14 pm
@Chumly,
Quote:
In fact, it's called the golden rule, and it's fundamental to human nature due to evolutionary advantage. Your imaginary sky gods are nothing if not obscene.
Well, the 'imaginary sky gods' were around before the golden rule so what does that prove? Your reasoning will no doubt lead you to the conclusion that imaginary gods had an evolutionary advantage and so once again evolution explains everything.

Hmmm.. Obscene sky gods. sounds like a good name for a rock band.
0 Replies

Freddie2

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2016 12:34 pm
@Charlie4U,
Who are the ungodly? Would that include pagans?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2016 04:08 pm
@roger,
Yep, but still a good one.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2016 04:16 pm
@Chumly,
Chumly - Only you know why you have such a visceral loathing of Christianity and Christians, and a very poor opinion of the religious.

So the moral maxim of the Golden Rule has been around longer than the Bible. So what? Do you really believe that there was a clan of secular humanist primitives who came up with it, and shared your arrogant dismissal of a belief in God?

If you don't want to believe in God or gods, that's fine by me, but this constant reference to such beliefs as being obscene requires more from you, unless you are a graffiti artist.

If all you have is God wouldn't allow babies to die, then forget I asked.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2016 05:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
All of them.

edit: Those radical muslams from 1sis are going to really be pissed when they find out God has made sex verboten in heaven.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2016 06:59 pm
@RABEL222,
I've often wondered:
a. Do they age in heaven?
b. If not, when do they stop aging?
c. Will there be new generations?
d. Will they need to eat food and water? Wine and hard stuff? Drugs?
e. I guess they won't need health care since nobody will get sick.
f. I wanna go!

NOT
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2016 07:34 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
edit: Those radical muslams from 1sis are going to really be pissed when they find out God has made sex verboten in heaven.
I think you made an assumption about that. I don't think God said anything about sex in heaven. His son did say there would be no marriage in heaven.
roger

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2016 08:05 pm
@Leadfoot,
Uh oh!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2016 08:06 pm
@Leadfoot,
No need for marriage; sex with everyone. No longer a sin or illegal.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2016 08:47 pm
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:

Leadfoot wrote:
Quote:
That moral maxim has been around far longer than the bible, and only the brainwashed would believe such absurdly superstitious drivel is needed justify the obvious. In fact, it's called the golden rule, and it's fundamental to human nature due to evolutionary advantage. Your imaginary sky gods are nothing if not obscene.

Pretty sound writing, to me.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2016 10:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Chumly says:
" Your imaginary sky gods are nothing if not obscene."

Edgar agrees and says:
Pretty sound writing, to me.

Yes, it is an obscene den of iniquity here in these theist threads, with all this talk of unmarried sex in heaven and such. To bad there isn't someone you could call from below to strike us all dead.

Good night girls and guys, I'm too sleepy for more tonight.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 10:30 am
@edgarblythe,
Then perhaps you can respond to the post that Chumly seems to have missed.
0 Replies