Recovery After Septoplasty and Turbinate Reduction

mcojoc

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 10:36 am
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has had Septoplasty/Turbinate reduction longer than 6 months ago. I've had the procedure done about 5 weeks ago, and while my nasal passages are clearer, my nose is also very dry and crusty. It's to the point of distraction. Air conditioning at work drys out my nose so much, it's impossible to concentrate.

I'm wondering if anyone way in the future of the procedure can give me reassurances that my nose will feel/return to normal moisture, and if so, about how long did it take?

Thanks for any/all responses!

glitterbag

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 11:54 am
@mcojoc,
I have not had such surgery, but I have had problems with dry nasal passages. Ask your doctor if an over the counter saline and aloe gel might be helpful. My ENT gave me a sample and it's very helpful. Once the dry skin is treated it heals quickly. But, THIS IS IMPORTANT, I am not a doctor and I recommend you check with your doctor before you try it. Good luck.
mcojoc

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 06:46 pm
@glitterbag,
Thanks for your response. i am using a nasal gel now and while it gives me some reief there are areas i simply cannot get to within the nose using it I'm hoping it heals itself soon!

Thsnk you again for taking the time to respond. I have a 2nd opinion Dr. appointment set up For next week.
0 Replies