Really gross question.

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 12:37 pm
I apologize if anyone offended, but I do need to know.

I was told that the bowel movement needs to occur at least once a day. Well, I go only every other day, sometimes even over every 2 days. What is causing my body to go that rarely. I try to eat fruits and vegetables and and really heavy on the greenery, albeit inconsistent, always eat meat whenever I can, too.

I would appreciate a serious medical judgement on that situation. Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 704 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 12:54 pm
suka--

Welcome to A2K.

"Serious medical judgement"? Not from this site. Even a qualified doctor would want to see you before making a diagnosis.

As for frequency of bowel movements. For some people "regular" is every day. For some "regular" is every other day--or even less frequently. You are one of those people with a slow moving digestive tract.

If you're uncomfortable with your body's schedule, talk to your doctor. Drink plenty of water; enjoy fruits, vegetables and whole grain.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 12:56 pm
I think you're ok. As long as you don't feel stopped up, you're probably not. :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 01:08 pm
What Noddy and Kristie said, plus, meat (especially red meat) can actually slow your digestion down.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 08:56 pm
Every other day is considered to be normal. THere's no reason to think that every day is a normal routine, since normal depends on the individual person.l

You might increase the amount of fiber in your diet and see what happens.
0 Replies