When You Can't Vote within the Two Party Framework

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 12:54 pm
Bernie Sanders has said he will vote for H Clinton. He may be able to exert some meaningful change from within the Democratic Party and I will follow the result with interest. I believe it is time to look beyond the man and select a candidate I can vote for with a clean conscience.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 03:56 pm
Jill Stein on the issues
http://www.ontheissues.org/Jill_Stein.htm

The page is too long to paste here
Builder

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 05:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
Comprehensive list.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2016 02:15 pm
A CNN/Opinion Research Corporation (ORC) poll released Tuesday shows Green Party candidate Jill Stein gaining support for her presidential bid yet again. The poll of 891 registered voters conducted from June 16-19 showed Stein earning the support of 7 percent of respondents.

An NBC News/Survey Monkey poll released a week earlier showed Stein polling at five percent. In mid-April she was at only two percent, according to a press release from her campaign.

As The Progressive Standard previously reported, if Stein can reach the 15 percent threshold in national polls, she’ll be eligible to participate in the televised presidential debates. The CNN/ORC poll, along with the overall trajectory of polling numbers, suggests that Stein is well on her way to reaching that goal.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 07:06 pm
How many states will have Jill stein or the green party nominee on their ballots in November?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 07:44 pm
As of June, it was 20 states. There will likely be more.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 07:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
I personally think it may be a waste of time with les than {say} 48 states. Is there anything we can do?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 07:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
I don't know how to work these things and I personally can't get out and mingle.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 09:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thank you for your honesty. I see no way for us to advance if we can not share our subjective reality. Do you find a need to be able too get out and mingle?

I do have to admit that mingling does have a lot to do with our subjective reality.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 09:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
I know edgarblythe mingles, because I have met him in Houston.
roger

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 09:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I met him in Albuquerque, but we didn't get to the mingling stage.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 09:16 pm
@reasoning logic,
I am pretty much home bound, these days. About all I know how to do for any candidate is add my voice where possible on line. The people I know in everyday life have no interest. I sign petitions and share information in some places, including sporadically on my blog. I used to do some of this on facebook, but found my friends consider it annoying, so I quit.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 09:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
I am sorry to tell you that you are way ahead of your time but I do have to say thank you for educating many of us who do care but it does seem that a majority of people see things much differently than you or I.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 09:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
Many become irritated by me but I always try to be truthful. When I fail, it is often because I don't dig deeply enough before posting. I don't ever change my stand, simply to assuage the feelings of ones I consider to be friends. Real friends will forgive the differences and continue to have affection in other topics.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 10:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thank you for sharing. I do have respect for you. You seem to share a lot to think about.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 10:14 pm
@roger,
Quote:

Maybe next time you two will show a greater effort? No buddy does it better than him?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 10:17 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

Maybe next time you two will show a greater effort?

I was driving with my wife, from Texas to Nevada. My wife was in a hurry to get there and did not allot us much time to become acquainted.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 10:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Please forgive me for my clowning around at times. I too am straight but I do have a lot of respect for my gay brothers and sisters.
When I was younger I did not have as much respect for them as I do today, "I think because I did not have the respect I should have only makes me fight stronger for their rights even though I am different.

Quote:
I was driving with my wife, from Texas to Nevada. My wife was in a hurry to get there and did not allot us much time to become acquainted.
Signature

[If I were in a more joking mood I would have replied more dishonestly and said]

I too am Bi but the lady is the boss.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 10:49 pm
@reasoning logic,
I understand. My older brother was a racist, but he gained black friends in the military and dropped his racist attitude, because he was capable of growing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 10:50 pm
My wife is not exactly the boss, but I mostly do what she says, because I know resistance is futile.