Who Will Hillary Pick for Veep?

snood

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 03:25 pm
Cory Booker not denying (therefore pretty much confirming) that he's being vetted for VEEP.

0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 01:16 pm
I'm thinking it's going to be boring-ass nonthreatening white guy Tim (my opinion is whatever Hillary said) Kaine. Yuch.
revelette2

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 02:10 pm
@snood,
How do you know, and other than being white, what is wrong with him if you don't mind me asking. (Kaine that is)

I looked up on google, and this is the latest I have found.

Two names emerge from Clinton’s VP deliberations: Kaine and Vilsack

Quote:
These and other Democrats cautioned that Clinton has not made a final choice and is keeping mum about her deliberations. Several other people remain in the running, they said. Clinton campaign press secretary Brian Fallon declined to comment.

After watching that little video, I think Clinton's choice shouldn't be anybody in the senate which would put a seat at risk. (didn't realize he was a senator, kind of don't keep up with everything)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 02:37 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

How do you know, and other than being white, what is wrong with him if you don't mind me asking. (Kaine that is)

Wow!

Now the Left is accepting that being white is a flaw?
revelette2

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 03:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No, I just wondered if snood knew something else about him. I frankly don't know anything about him despite him apparently being known. However, perhaps I did word it where it seemed I was asking that question, maybe I was. Still want to know if there is something about him which is objectionable from a liberal point of view.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 03:23 pm
@revelette2,
Kaine is not a household word, but he shouldn't be an unknown to the Dem faithful. It's surprising to me that you know nothing about him. Perhaps you need to change the range of propaganda sites to which you subscribe. Apparently they tend to be all about slamming Republicans and defending the current Democrat standard bearer.

There must be something about him which is objectionable "from a liberal point of view" because he's about a tenth as objectionable, to me, as Clinton is.

For snood, it is that he is white.

revelette2

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 03:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You know it wouldn't take me long to find out, don't you? I just thought snood could answer real quick. Never mind, I'll find out about him myself.

I have to go to sites which answers the right wing smear machines. As long as the sites have links to actual sources of facts, there is wrong nothing with it. Otherwise it would be little better than some of the more rabid right wing sources.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 04:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Kaine is not a household word, but he shouldn't be an unknown to the Dem faithful. It's surprising to me that you know nothing about him. Perhaps you need to change the range of propaganda sites to which you subscribe. Apparently they tend to be all about slamming Republicans and defending the current Democrat standard bearer.

There must be something about him which is objectionable "from a liberal point of view" because he's about a tenth as objectionable, to me, as Clinton is.

For snood, it is that he is white.

I mentioned he is a white guy because he happens to be a white guy, not because I consider "white" a pejorative. I don't find him objectionable at all; I find him very unremarkable. You threw in "objectionable" because...well, I guess you just can't help yourself. I find him unimpressive and boring and not as good a pick as would be Warren or Cory Booker.

revelette2

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 04:08 pm
I read his statements and views on the website "On the issues." Kind of see what Snood is saying, run of the mill cog in the democratic party. Not sure what makes him stand out, but there is nothing objectionable. For some reason he rated a zero on separation of church and state which to me didn't make sense because he seems to support gay rights more so than a lot of other politicians. Perhaps it was his earlier views on abortion back 2005 or so which was more conservative. He doesn't seem to have very many views on foreign issues except less US involvement unless we are threatened. Wonder how that would square with Hillary's more hawkish views?

Virginia Senator

Tim Kaine
(Democratic Challenger)

0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 04:11 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I looked up on google, and this is the latest I have found.

Two names emerge from Clinton’s VP deliberations: Kaine and Vilsack

Quote:
These and other Democrats cautioned that Clinton has not made a final choice and is keeping mum about her deliberations. Several other people remain in the running, they said. Clinton campaign press secretary Brian Fallon declined to comment.

After watching that little video, I think Clinton's choice shouldn't be anybody in the senate which would put a seat at risk. (didn't realize he was a senator, kind of don't keep up with everything)

Rev, I wrote "boring ass, unthreatening white guy", but all anyone saw is that I wrote "white". Why is that? It's not that he's white - I thought Joe Biden was the best VP of my lifetime. It's that he's so whitebread - tame, unimpressive, bland.

Please don't let Finn goad you.
revelette2

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 04:13 pm
@snood,
I am easily goaded but if I ignore everyone...might as well quit.

Sorry, I know you liked Biden.

I don't think Hillary and Kaine would really mesh well, she is hawkish and he way more dovish.
snood

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 04:28 pm
@revelette2,
No need to apologize, and I wasn't suggesting that you ignore Finn or anyone else. I was just suggesting that you not let anyone's ignorance sway you.
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 04:32 pm
@snood,
And I read somewhere that Kaine regards himself as boring (I have no idea of the level of his self regard.) I am not uninterested in Booker, but there was a debacle of sorts with him and Mark Zuckerberg trying to fix the school system there in New Jersey; on the other hand, trying gets credit, and I'm not against him for trying. I don't remember details, and probably read about it in a long New Yorker article. I don't know more about Booker and am interested. Need to read..
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 04:38 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I'm a Hickenlooperliker, for what appears to be some valuing by me of whimsy from him - and no, no link, just an impression that passed my window, he seems real to me, plus ok on his points of view I know about. I don't know his negs, and we all have negs.

I have a faint memory that Dys liked Hickenlooper, but I may have that quite wrong, maybe it was some other squirrelly name (you can tell I like it). Will have to ask Diane/next phone call. Not that he and I and she always agreed, but I listened..
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 06:17 pm
@snood,
Quote:
No need to apologize, and I wasn't suggesting that you ignore Finn or anyone else. I was just suggesting that you not let anyone's ignorance sway you.

Feel as if I say anything much more, just suffice to say I know you wasn't suggesting any of those, just my own concerns.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 08:08 pm
@snood,
Kaine doesn't seem to bring anything useful to the mix, but maybe being safe and boring is enough.

Not looking mortified next to the candidate would be better than what we're seeing in Cleveland.

__

(if asked, I'd tell Mrs. Clinton to not go with an East Coast running mate, not to bother with the south, focus on the mid-west/west)
snood

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 03:46 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
maybe being safe and boring is enough

Yeah, maybe enough to win the election. But, I'm actually daring to hope for a combination that might spur Hillary to continue to push for those progressive ideas that the campaign caused her to more closely embrace. The one part of the whole Bernie thing that I totally agreed with was the need to shake the party out of a sort of legislative stasis that compromises liberal values too easily. Kaine wouldn't move that needle - wouldn't hold Hillary accountable. I think Warren would (and Sherrod Brown, for that matter - although he's not in contention).
revelette2

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 07:50 am
@ehBeth,
I am starting to like Hillary way more than when this season started, but, she is safe and boring, no offense to her. Perhaps she needs someone who is qualified along with an ability to liven her candidacy up a little in a positive way.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 08:21 am
@snood,
I don't think Warren would bring anything to the ticket, in terms of constituency.
snood

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 08:35 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I don't think Warren would bring anything to the ticket, in terms of constituency.

Maybe not, but I think she'd do much toward holding Clinton accountable.