How Much can a Koala Bear?

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 06:41 am
Whistles tunefully, ignoring foolish comment....
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 07:01 am
Early Rolf Harris paintings and huge stash of early Neighbors episodes found in remote cave complex in Downtown Ayres Rock. Alice Springs eternal.

Question -- Was Darwin named in celebration or in spite of the Evolution Man ?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 07:16 am
Koala's be marsupials . . .

This bears repeating . . . Koala's be marsupials . . .

I am very surprised that no one in this thread has taken the initiative to expose the insidious plot of these Ozzian marceuticals to suck dry our foreign exchange by selling eucalyptus leaves to the makers of Hall's Metholyptus cough drops. Think we're dense? Think we didn't notice? I, for one, am never taken in by antipodean deceit and treachery, and i'd advise our other members to view their pronouncements and offers with squinty, suspicious eyes . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 02:56 pm
Celebration, I would think, John - unless 'tis a different Darwin!

Dear goddess, Setanta has uncovered our plot to rule the world by addicting the masses to eucalyptus drops!!!!!

Now - tea tree oil is a fine thing, too - 'TIS!!! Has anti-bacterial qualities - great for wounds, sores - inhaled in steam is fabulous for sinus infections....

Did we get a squinty-eyed dressing down, Setantums dolling?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 03:03 pm
Can't do no dressin' down, CC, 'cuz Lovey would give me hell . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 03:05 pm
LOL!!!!!!! Not before time.....
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 03:57 pm
you ever hear of a product called "blue emu?" sort of an aussie ben-gay product.

supposedly has real emu oil. how does one get oil from an emu?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 04:04 pm
Oil from an emu?

Remove ear wax and place in small teaspoon. Heat spoon gently in an open flame. Result=oil Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 04:07 pm
You pay him 5 bucks and he gets a can down from the shelf
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 05:20 pm
The same way you get the oil from the ulan (or olay)!

How do you think they get BABY oil, though?!!!!!!!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 05:42 pm
Is that true about tea tree oil Deb? my son and daughter swear by that stuff ever since his trip to oz a couple years ago,,,,oil, shampoo, everything they can find with tea tree oil in it.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 05:43 pm
With a largish press. (They don't really specify "virgin" -- or the über pure "extra virgin" -- with the baby oil, do they?)
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 07:36 pm
..and the oily bird gets the farm!

Raising and harvesting emus seems to be popular in the States. However, can spot the errors here?

Quote:
Dr. Robert Nicolosi, Director of the Center For Chronic Disease Control with the University of Massachusetts has concluded scientific research that Emu Oil dramatically lowered levels of cholesterol in test animals. "Emu Oil, is similar to olive oil which has been used for years to control cholesterol levels in cooking", according to Dr. Nicolosi. Emu Oil is mysterious medical marvel. "Our research continues to study the many intriguing aspects of this oil and have concluded that its applications can be considered too numerous but, this most recent conclusion is very promising for millions of Americans," said Nicolosi.

The Emu, a domestically raised livestock throughout the U.S. is an identical ancestor of the large flightless bird that has inhabited Australia's infamous Outback for over 5000 years
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 07:45 pm
better get me a emu. but, how does one extract the oil?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 07:53 pm
How does one extract oil from an emu? With a very small drilling rig, of course.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 08:06 pm
of course, why didn't i think of that. i guess a fire extinguisher is required as well, just in case the emu erupts into a fireball when i strike oil.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 08:10 pm
Nah, if it bursts into flame, just smother the conflagration with some barbecue sauce. Voila! Dinner!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 08:23 pm
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 09:31 pm
Oh goddess! Now the bloody yanks INVENTED the goddamned emu!!!!!!! The birds exported to you guys have become the ANCESTORS of their own predecessors!!!

This is too weird - the world is gonna start disappearing up its own bum!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 09:32 pm
Mikey - 'tis true.
0 Replies