How Much can a Koala Bear?

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 08:10 am
Well? How much?

It's been a tough week for the A2k koalas.

Fires, gales, droughts, Lleyton Hewitt out of the Australian Open, secateur threats (in my case), threads like this: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3216&highlight=

Can we take it?

Any advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,541 • Replies: 142
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 08:31 am
Oh - and Craven's put "Australia" under "Ageing" - or some such mischief - not that there's anything wrong with "Ageing" I hasten to say!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 08:47 am
How much can a koala bear? More than other marsupials, which the kanga rues to this day!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 08:49 am
Ooooooooooohhhh, good one blacksmithn!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 09:26 am
It depends on what the establishment is licensed for. Some places, it can bare everything. Other places it can only go down to a G-string.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 09:49 am
Save The Koala aka the Bunnie and the Oz Crew

http://www.savekoala.aus.to/assets/images/koalhd_med.jpg
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 09:54 am
A koaka bear ? not nearly as much as a polar bear. But a polar bear would shiver and freeze. So the koala gets it by default.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 02:19 pm
Er - I believe you will find that I have spelt bear bear - not bare - it is a noun, not a verb. Honestly, your minds!!!!

I wonder if Craven thought he'd put us under Asia? Which we sort of are, if you take a Northern Hemispherecentric view of the planet....
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 02:30 pm
Dlow, long words I can kinda cope with, sort verbs from nouns is not my bag. It's like shelling fresh peas, you eat more than you put in the pot.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 02:45 pm
Hmmmmmmm - well, bear can be a noun, too - as in "bear arms" - and bare can be an adjective...these goshdarned words are sooooo slippery! There is no telling where you are with 'em.

'Tis, as either the Caterpillar or Humpty Dumpty said, a question of who is to be master - or mistress....
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 03:05 pm
In my textbook Australia is a separate continent and not a part of another continent such as a Asia. But Australia may be the oldest continent based on recent geological studies. As for it being under Asia well I guess if you look at it from the English point of view. I mean isn't that why we use the separate name for Asia such as mid-east, near-east, and far-east. It is all based on the relation of these land masses to Great Britain.

Quote:
Australia, the "Land Down Under," has many geographical definitions. It's the 6th largest country and that's a fact, but then, depending on your school of geography, Australia is either a separate continent that's not considered an island, or the largest island on the planet and the largest part of the smallest continent.

Confused? Welcome to the world of geography opinions.

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/oceania/au.htm
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 04:23 pm
What does oldest mean, exactly? It's the most primeval, in a sense, in that geographically it has changed very little in the past few eons, at least in comparison to the other continents, so the rocks it's made of are probably the oldest on the whole.

Anway, this Asia thing -- that's just the old Aussie inferiority complex coming through. The rest of us (or at least those bright enough to find our own country on a world map; since there are people at my place of business who have trouble staying in their chairs -- which only lowers the bar and makes my job easier, so I'm all for it -- this is not meant, necessarily, to imply a majority of any population) are pretty aware that Australia is, in fact, it's own continent. The only continent that is also an island (or so I've been told; it would seem to me that Antarctica is an island, as well, but what do I know? -- best to go with inherited knowledge even when critical thinking suggests that it might be apocryphal (or at least wildly inaccurate, to quote the late D. Adams once again)) as well as the only continent that is also a nation (or nation that is also a continent; this one's an equivalency, and until those scientists and penguins down at the antipodal pole decide to declare sovereignty, there is no continent to challenge Oz's supremacy in this regard -- though such a declaration could force the folks and birds down there to stay put instead of coming and going according to the dictates of a fickle climate).

Honestly, some people...
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 05:34 pm
About 8-9 kilos, but it's real hard to get them to keep the packs on. Anything less and they're straight up the nearest tree and crapping on you when they get the chance. Ungrateful, furry, Eucalypt huggers.....
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 05:48 pm
Quote:
The first evidence that the earth's magnetic field has reversed many times in the planet's history was discovered in 1906 by Benard Brunhes. Ninety years later, earth scientists are only beginning to understand the nature of these phenomena.

Follow this link to: The Reversal of the Earth's Magnetic Field

OZ may only be down under some of the time but I guess it will always be older Shocked
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 06:14 pm
Under Asia, I said - WHEN will these northern hemisphere folk recognize irony!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 06:16 pm
When it is wielded deftly and with a sharp point, love.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 06:16 pm
Hmmm, how about never Shocked
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 06:20 pm
So you would like me to asterisk it?

Like this?*
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 06:20 pm