WWII -The start

Thok

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:27 am
Let me explain it:
In 1939, Hitler laid claim to parts of Poland and concluded the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact with the Soviet Union in response to Britain's and France's supportive defense alliance with Poland, of March 1939. The German Wehrmacht then invaded Poland on September 1,on this day, and on 3 September 1939, Britain and France declared war on Germany. On September 17 the Soviet Red Army(which I personally find ghoulish, at first best friends and later then enemies) joined the invasion, and hours after that the Polish government fleed the country to Romania. In connection with the invasion, there was the Polish September Campaign.
Hostilities ended with French and British troops giving no assistance to the Poles.The German plan was codenamed Fall Weiß ("Fall Weiss"" or "Case White") by the German Wehrmacht. Polish historians call it (as far as I know) Wojna obronna 1939 ("Defense War of 1939"). This military operation had marks the start of World War II in Europe. 6 years later around 55 million people was dead. It was the cruelest war of the human history.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,093 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:33 am
I don't want to be rude (absolutely not), but what do you want to say with this thread Thok? Is it just informal, or does it have another purpose?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:38 am
Thok, between you and Setanta, we have gotten a tremendous overview of The Civil War, and the beginning of WWII.

Rick, Thok and Setanta are simply history buffs, and like to share.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:41 am
OK, that's enough for me to know Letty Smile
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:48 am
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
I don't want to be rude (absolutely not), but what do you want to say with this thread Thok? Is it just informal, or does it have another purpose?

But it is still rude, not against me, but against the deads.

This thread should be informal (even if information are easy available on the web) and the most important: A remembrance of the death of the invasion and later.

Letty wrote:
Thok, between you and Setanta, we have gotten a tremendous overview of The Civil War, and the beginning of WWII.

I'm sorry, might be I overlooked a own thread about this topic.

Letty wrote:
Thok and Setanta are simply history buffs, and like to share.

as for me I can say that's right. :-)
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:51 am
I asked my question because most people here who start a thread expect to get responses (not?), and you can see that from the way how they portray their thread. I was just being curious. No insults, nor rudeness, nor disrespect intended Confused
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 08:03 am
well, alright then.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 08:24 am
I have never once seen Rick be rude or disrespectful, Thok.

Being a student who is just beginning his studies in anthropology, Rick will maintain his objectivity but will forever want to know stuff. That's the way of learning, and ultimately the diploma that we all value.

Well, I have been putting off making a decision about Frances, who may well make history, so guess I better do some stuff myself.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 09:07 am
Letty wrote:
I have never once seen Rick be rude or disrespectful, Thok.

Actually, I'm not too.

Letty wrote:

Rick will maintain his objectivity but will forever want to know stuff.

My first post was also objective and I want also to know (more than now) stuff. :-)
0 Replies