Great-grand-mom

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:37 pm
My Great-Grandmother was a wonderful woman who lived life to the fullest. When she was 82 years old I asked her what she did to keep in such good health. At 82 years old she was running 5 miles a day.

She told me her secret.

Everyday I eat a bowl of oatmeal, instead of putting sugar in the bowl I put in a table spoon of gun powder. It has keep my healthy and feeling young. Her 39 year old boy friend said he had a hard time keeping up with her.

I said Great-grand-mom, that is wonderful. You are have such a great life and so full of vigor, I hope I can be in as good health when I am 82.

She lived another 15 years in great health till the day she died. On that day she was running 4 miles and was struck by a car that lost control on the ice.

When she died she left 6 sons, 4 daughters, 29 grand-children, 57 great-grandchildren, 75 great-great-grandchildren, and a 15 foot hole in the crematory wall.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 697 • Replies: 5
No top replies

fortune

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 11:54 am
Think how much longer she would have lived without the gun powder. (sorry!)

I wont say I'm sorry for your loss, instead I'll say that I'm glad for you that you had the chance to know such a woman.
0 Replies

Bodhisattvawannabe

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 03:16 pm
<whispers to fortune>

It's just a joke!
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 05:01 pm
Bodhisattvawannabe wrote:
<whispers to fortune>

It's just a joke![/quote

Yes, it is a joke.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 06:18 am
Hmm, I thought the crematory wall part was far fetched, but some people will do odd things like that gun powder stuff (the infamous Rasputin used to take small doses of various poisons so that his body would build up a resistance to them) so I couldn't be sure of the rest.

Forgive my gullibilty, it comes of knowing too many wackos.
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 08:44 pm
Fortune,

If you know me, you will know that I would take being considered a wacko a compliment.
0 Replies