Russia,Chechnya and other issues in the area

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:48 am
and now that up to 200 former hostages injured after the escape.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:58 am
on Yahoo News they say fighters opened fire on escaping children. How can they SHOT 200 kids and not kill anyone? Something is definitely very weird in that story, I hope part about shooting is lie, and not part about all children being safe
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:03 am
Well, with wounded people, they mean all people taken to hospitals, and that includes people who are severely dehydrated.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:05 am
of course, but on Yahoo (I don't know from which agency they have this news) they say fighters opened fire on escaping hostages...
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:05 am
No more on the Yahoo News, maybe the removed this information.

well, of course we don't know immediately all about this. We must just wait and hope.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:06 am
MyOwnUsername wrote:
I don't know from which agency they have this news)

from all important agencies: Reuters, AP,AFP etc.

Look on the article above from which agency is the article.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:08 am
Well, I've heard the same, but I've heard that they were shooting at some 20, 30 people who ran away.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:11 am
Maybe the agencies to confound this with that?

Thok wrote:
[...] Russian military helicopters hovering over building where 13 militants holed up and tanks firing shells.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:14 am
Now there is the information form Russian News agencies, that at least seven people dead on arrival at hospitals.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:29 am
This is the last report I've read:

At least 10 dead as troops battle militants
Beslan, Russia
September 4, 2004/AGE

At least 10 people, children and adults, have been taken out dead on stretchers from the southern Russian school where hundreds were held hostage, an AFP correspondent reported today.

At least six children, all very badly wounded and some with their limbs ripped off and their backs torn open, were also evacuated by civilians and members of the Russian emergency ministry.

Russian security forces surrounded a house where gunmen were holed up after fleeing the scene of a school hostage-taking, news agencies reported.

(continued in this link):

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/09/03/1093939141135.html
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:11 am
Still really unclear how is the situation exactly,
but now the fear assumption has come to hand because the BBC reports that up to 100 bodies seen lying in in the school.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:26 am
100 bodies? Confused
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:30 am
Yes, but as I said, this drama is not for a long time yet ended. In all probability there will be more.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:31 am
I sense a resemblance with a certain Russian theatre ...
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:32 am
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
I sense a resemblance with a certain Russian theatre ...

Not only you. Actually, that can be more worse than at the theatre.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:36 am
There are going to be some extremely angry Russian citizens if this has been yet another botch up. They TOLD the parents they wouldn't attack.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:46 am
Thok wrote:

But I also heard that the Russian officals promise to the parents,not to storm the build. Now renege this promise. Maybe that will be end unfortunaly truculent.

as I said, too.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:49 am
At our national news, a man explained that this gives the Russian people the feeling that the State, and not the Individual, is the most important. Something they thought they had left behind with the fall of the Soviet-Union.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:52 am
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
At our national news, a man explained that this gives the Russian people the feeling that the State, and not the Individual, is the most important. Something they thought they had left behind with the fall of the Soviet-Union.

That's not really new. It's a matter of common knowledge, how, so called, Zar Putin rules Russia.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:11 am
Well, Putin has been a secret policece person since he is an adult.

Thok wrote:
It's a matter of common knowledge, how, so called, Zar Putin rules Russia.

Might be, most of us, who have access to different media, the internet etc., know about that.

But "common knowledge"?
0 Replies