Russia,Chechnya and other issues in the area

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:50 am
I agree.

But not only at present, also immediately after the start of the siege the rebels posted the children.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:53 am
Russians saying they are in control of the school....
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:53 am
Not really, what I see on BBC live.

Now the commandos blow hole in wall of school to aid hostage escape, ITAR-Tass.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:55 am
I'd heard earlier reports that the parents & those waiting outside were going to form a barrier themselves, if the troops decided to storm the building. To protect the children being held hostage from being killed or injured.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:58 am
I heard this,too.

But I also heard that the Russian officals promise to the partens,not to storm the build. Now renege this promise. Maybe that will be end unfortunaly truculent.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:20 am
Latest explosions were inside the heavily-mined Russian school, according TASS news agency,again.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:23 am
Awful, just awful ....
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:25 am
Thirteen militants escaped, but the following report is surely more important, that all the hostages are out of the house.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:29 am
and even more important, they say many children are hurt, but no deaths, and no death threatening injuries.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:31 am
I hope that's correct, MOU.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:34 am
me too.

And there are reports, that 13 escaped militants holed up in residential building near the school.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:34 am
yeah, me too, when I think of how Russians dealt with hostage situation in Theatre (where dozens and dozens hostages were killed during their intervention) it's pretty scary...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:35 am
That's exactly what I've been thinking, MOU. And hoping that they wouldn't do the same again!
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:36 am
I've heard the reason for the special forces to storm the building, was because earlier this morning two terrorists blew themselves up while Russian soldiers, who were allowed to take away bodies of persons killed in the last few days, were in the school. Parts of the ceilings collapsed, and following that some dozens of people ran out the school. Than the terrorists started to shoot, and the Russian special forces stormed the building. I've just heard all the children who were in the school are safe at the moment (though approximately 200 wounded).
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:40 am
That could be so, Rick.
Now, there are two fronts because Interfax reports that Russian military helicopters hovering over building where 13 militants holed up and tanks firing shells.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:41 am
Let's hope so, Rick. I was wondering why the children rescued from the building all seemed to be naked in the press images. Apparently it's because it was stiflingly hot inside the building ... on top of that they hadn't been allowed water to drink for 2 days. They must have been terribly dehydrated.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:43 am
they hadn't been allowed to eat and get medicaments,too.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:44 am
I hope all reports are correct, although I'm afraid they sound bit strange. How can they say that none of 200 WOUNDED KIDS is in life danger? I mean, how can they say that in such a short time?
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:45 am
Theatre, Kursk submarine (was it Kursk?)....I hope that's not third case of lying to their own people
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:46 am
well, previous there was this information:

Thok wrote:

[..]around 158 children taken to hospital [..]
0 Replies