Anyone Seen This Yet? I Await The Spin....

1q2w3e

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:16 pm
When will the personal attacks on the SBVFT stop and the issues they bring up actually be looked at?

Why won't Kerry release his military records?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:20 pm
Quote:
how fortunate for you that you're not required to respond to things you find so borrrrrrring.....
Smile
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:29 pm
It doesn't matter if these Swift Boaters are lying or not. The fact is, these attacks are working. It's sickening, but true.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:39 pm
Chanting
shaggydog wrote:
Hurry, they need someone to write new chants for them.

I can get paid for submitting chants? Great!

Chants:

"All men (and women) are created equal!"

"All individuals are endowed by their creator with inalienable rights!"

"Life! Liberty! Pursuit of Happiness!"

"NO unreasonable government interference into private lives!"

"Tyranny BEGONE!"

"Due Process of Law!"

"Equal Protection under the Law!"

"Support and defend the Constitution!"

"Down with Despotism!"

"When a long train of abuses and usurpations evinces a design to reduce the people to live under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

I'm just getting started. . . .

P.S. Despotism is a system of government in which the ruler has unlimited power. The Constitution was designed to create a government with LIMITED powers. If the Constitution has no teeth--no enforceable words--then do we live in a free country or a despotic country where our political dissent is silenced and punished?
0 Replies

1q2w3e

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:53 pm
kickycan wrote:
It doesn't matter if these Swift Boaters are lying or not. The fact is, these attacks are working. It's sickening, but true.

What is sickining are Kerrys lies about Nam and the personal attacks these brave veterans have suffered for exposing Kerry.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 05:08 pm
1q2w3e wrote:

Quote:
What is sickining are Kerrys lies about Nam and the personal attacks these brave veterans have suffered for exposing Kerry.

WHAT lies about 'Nam, 1q2w3e? You mean the atrocities by some U.S. soldiers that actually DID happen, and which have been documented? Or perhaps the orders that thousands of soldiers received from their commanding officers to shoot in no fire zones, burn up rice crops, and intimidate the local natives who were unfortunately caught in the crossfire?

What lies, 1q2w3e?
0 Replies

PKB

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 08:23 pm
FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

MOVE ON.ORG MAY HAVE CONNECTIONS TO KERRY. ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU CAN NOT PLAY NICE WITH THE REPUBLICANS. THEY HAVE ZERO CHARACTER. ZERO SCRUPLES. ZERO TOLERANCE FOR ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T FIT THEIR AGENDA. AND I HAVE ZERO USE FOR THAT. :wink:
0 Replies

shaggydog

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 10:09 pm
Debra, those are slogans, not chants. You have to get the meter right, so that hundreds of marchers can keep time and shout something pithy at the same time.

Start with "Hell no we won't go". It is an old time favorite and you can't go wrong with it.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 12:14 am
poor suffering Swift Boat vets
1q2w3e wrote:
kickycan wrote:

I see what you mean. Poor Al French might lose his law license in the State of Oregon for lying under oath via a sworn affidavit--purporting to base his statements on personal knowledge--when, in fact, he was relying on hearsay. I can see how this "brave veteran" has suffered due to his misrepresentations.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 12:15 am
1q2w3e wrote:
kickycan wrote:

What's even more sickening is that it's got idiots arguing over a non-issue.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 12:21 am
shaggydog wrote:
Debra, those are slogans, not chants. . . .

I'm a failure at slogan writing.
0 Replies

shaggydog

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 10:53 am
Debra I think your slogans are really good. Keep your day job though.

How can this be true:?

"It doesn't matter if these Swift Boaters are lying or not. The fact is, these attacks are working. It's sickening, but true."

If they are lying, they are worms, if they aren't, Kerry is. I think that is an important difference.

I do think it matters that, if they are telling the truth, Kerry

!) Backdoored his first PH, which was a self inflicted wound.
2)Exagerrated his Silver star report and forged the commendation.
3)Gave aid and comfort to the enemy while POW's were still held.

These things needn't be dealbreakers as far as voting for him for president is concerned, if he stops with that dorky salute and alluding to Vietnam with every breath. There are issues that can be debated, and Bush has screwed up enough to be vulnerable. How about working on that, Dems, instead of assuming the obviously self serving acts of a young JFK wannabe are sufficient to impress us?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 11:07 am
The point is, you and I will never know. And it happened (or didn't happen) thirty five f*cking years ago. The if game is pointless and stupid, and this whole Swift Boat debate is a good way for partisans to stop people from thinking about anything relevant.
0 Replies

shaggydog

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 11:14 am
Kicky, you are right that that is the net effect, sort of dumbing down the campaign. However, Kerry started it by making his Nam service such a big deal, similarly attempting to dumb down the campaign. It might have been a good idea to soft shoe the Nam stuff and stick with some legitimate policy matters instead of whipping it out for comparison.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:41 pm
shaggydog wrote:
. . . Gave aid and comfort to the enemy while POW's were still held.

These things needn't be dealbreakers as far as voting for him for president is concerned, if he stops with that dorky salute and alluding to Vietnam with every breath. . . .

The Vietnam War was a never-ending disaster. It rolled on for years and years and years. The death toll was growing. Our soldiers were subjected to UNGODLY conditions and their soldier buddies were being blown up and sent home in body bags. Our soldiers were neither given the tools nor the permission to win the war.

Giving aid and comfort to the enemy is treason. However, speaking out against a mis-managed war is not treason. The war wasn't serving any purpose. Why were we there? Why were our soldiers fighting and dying and being taken as POWs? Why were our soldiers prohibited from getting the job done quickly and winning the war? It is senseless to fight a war when political considerations require the conflict merely to continue with no end in sight.

Giving aid and comfort to the enemy is treason. Speaking out against a mis-managed war is not treason. Voicing concerns about the senseless throwing away of the lives of so many of our children -- is NOT TREASON. The people demanded answers.

The soldiers and their commanders demanded answers. They were the ones doing the fighting and the dying. They were the ones who were faced with atrocities and unspeakable conditions. Why? Why? Is it truly honorable to die for one's country in a war that no one wants or understands? Why?

Kerry is but one of many thousands who served and fought in Vietnam. I can't even express in words the profound pain that I feel for the senseless, horrifying loss of all those lifes in Vietnam. But, I wasn't there. I imagine that those who actually fought and saw so much horror must really harbor resentment for a government that would put them and this nation through that horror.

If Kerry keeps bringing up Vietnam--it's because the war shaped him as a human being--it helped him to form his political ideology. Hopefully, having lived through that travesty, someone like Kerry will never launch our Country into another combat situation such as that one.
0 Replies