Welcome to Leith (spoiler alert)

chai2

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 11:58 am
Watched this documentary last night about white supremacist Craig Cobb attempting to take over the small town (population 24) of Leith, ND

Well worth the watch, however, something puzzled me.

Cobb and a associate were arrested after several 911 calls were made by citizens, stating the 2 men were walking the road within the town carrying (loaded) rifles. They were charged with suspicion of terrorizing. Cobb said he was "on patrol"

Cobb, while deranged, was not all that stupid. He had to have known he would be arrested. So why did he choose to do something that would end him up in jail, on what was a pretty cut and dry case?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,523 • Replies: 17
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 12:20 pm
@chai2,
I don't have any idea of the laws in South Dakota or Leith, but I do question the legality of arresting someone on a charge of suspicion - of anything. I mean, what if someone were convicted? He would be guilty of what?
chai2

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 03:01 pm
@roger,
It's not SD.

Please either watch the documentary on Netflix, or read a little deeper into it.

There was never any question on the reason for his arrest.
chai2

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 03:15 pm
@chai2,

His "patrol" of Leith that day was recorded, and he clearly talking of shooting people with AK47's and similar remarks.

The fact we was arrested isn't at question.
I'm wondering why he let himself get into a situation like this that obviously was going to land him in jail.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 03:45 pm
@chai2,
Fine. I don't know North Dakota law either. Is that relevant to a charge of "suspicion" of, well, anything. That is what your post claimed he was charged with.
chai2

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 03:50 pm
@roger,
Yes it was what he was charged with, and as I also said, that wasn't at dispute, and if you wanted to know more, watch the documentary or read up on it.

So I take it you have no ideas on why he might choose to do something that would surely end up incarcerated.

roger

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 05:09 pm
@chai2,
You continue to miss my only point. I think you prefer it that way. Sorry I cannot respond as you think I ought to.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 05:33 pm
@chai2,
For those without Netflix, the film can also be accessed at PBS

www.pbs.org/independentlens/videos/welcome-to-leith-full-film

I have yet to view it, it's on my list of future watching via Netflix.
chai2

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 09:29 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

You continue to miss my only point. I think you prefer it that way. Sorry I cannot respond as you think I ought to.

Well you obviously miss my only point too. It unfortunate you cannot understand what I'm asking, or would prefer to discuss something else entirely.

It's always a pleasure when the 2nd post of a thread is the one that attempts derail the original post/question. Usually we have to wait as long as the 2nd page for that to happen.

I of course would prefer you contribute meaningfully to the conversation, but of course you are free to do otherwise.

As an aside, I've decided to confront those who would derail a thread immediately and directly, rather than play games of word play, or getting trapped in moving off from what it is I'd like to know.

It would seem you have nothing to say about what I asked, which is fine, but I'm not going to think it's all right to basically ignore what someone is saying, and just start talking about whatever strikes their mood, as you've done.

Please, go ahead and keep asking about the reason for arrest if you like, or go look it up yourself, as I've suggested twice. It's not my responsibility to explain something to you, especially when it's clear it's not even something I was talking about.

chai2

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 09:30 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

For those without Netflix, the film can also be accessed at PBS

www.pbs.org/independentlens/videos/welcome-to-leith-full-film

I have yet to view it, it's on my list of future watching via Netflix.

Thanks Sturgis for posting that link.

I hope you enjoy it. I did.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 09:45 pm
@chai2,
Cool. You can go bore someone else.
chai2

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 09:52 pm
@roger,
Roger, you came on here and asked an unrelated question, and tried to hijack the thread on the 2nd post, not me.

I don't need to "go" anywhere. You were the one who came to me.

If I bore you, you have the option to stop posting, or reading anything I write.

Of course now you have achieved your purpose of making this thread not worth posting on, but at least you know not everyone will let you just do what in essence is interrupting, without the person interrupted saying something.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 10:12 pm
Those kind of people seem to view their own behavior as normal and ours to be corrupt. So they see no reason to be embarrassed or hide.
chai2

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 01:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
Are you talking about Craig Cobb, or roger?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 02:00 pm
@chai2,
Not talking about Roger.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 10:47 pm
@chai2,
It could be a case of "No such thing as bad publicity". He knows he won't be in jail long, and the news story will attract like - minded people to come to Leith. Somehow these people are able to just go where ever and stay indefinitely and none of them seem to have jobs or any other responsibilities. Look at what happened in Oregon at that wildlife refuge. All those nutbags show up from all over the country and stay for weeks!
0 Replies

craig cobb

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 09:44 am
Not a single person was verbally threatened. They claimed to "feel" threatened. The ND statute is subjective. If one "feels" threatened, a prosecutor can prosecute if he likes. For example, if a man sneaked up on his wife from behind and shouted "boo" before bedtime, she could legally claim she felt threatened--afraid. Greg Bruce, the stolen valor fake Navy Seal in New Leipzig, 22 miles away--falsely claimed we stopped and faced him. This was a lie intended to ensure more serious charges. The sheriff spent 2.5 hrs with Bruce after we were arrested. This is so Bruce could get revise and get his lying story straight. It is not illegal to walk carrying a weapon in ND--even in a town. Sheriff Steve Bay allowed repeated threats against us--including firing weapons into the night sky at 1 am etc. One man--in the same room-- stared at the Dutton's 12 year old as she bathed, already naked--he was also suspected of vandalizing the house and slashing the tires--he was allowed to leave town.

You can see that Christians do not have the same haughty highhandedness for illegal Mexicans or raping Somalis as they have for members of the Creativity religion.

Our dog was purposefully hit by a pickup truck minutes before we walked. The truck aimed maybe 19 to 20 degrees and sped up to hit the dog, which wasn't even in it's trajectory path. Sometimes, certain people would drive by our home and yell "f you", even as the 5 children played in front yard. A flick of the wrist, and they could have mowed down the kids, as they did the dog. During hunting season, at night, they would come in orange hunting caps and sit outside the house on the street. Just sit and stare. You could see weapons in the trucks.

Jews use dullard Christians as whisperers and scolds. The Roman patricians said they were political problems and gossipers, even in the fire-fighting clubs of Rome. Actually, a lot of young leftists are powered by the the leftover, lingering crissed-insaner "humanitarian" nonsenses in their brains. There are many similarities between crissed-insaners, and communists--they are both, after all, Semitic-deriven cults with millions of diverse members.

Does anyone deny that whites are not being purposely deracinated in their own country? That this isn't a systematic, purposeful dispossession by powerful institutions? Two US presidents--Bush the Younger and Obama have given two speeches to auditoriums full of men who call themselves "La Raza", literally--"The Race"! When will they be encouraging Whitey to assemple, call themselves "The Race" in English, and give receive presidential speeches? Never.

I did not tell media we were on "patrol". That was the dishonest writer Lauren Donovan of the Bismarck Tribune, quoting Deborah, Kynan's girlfriend. Donovan dishonestly attributed it to me.

The second time we went out, we were merely on the way to my tenant who would not pay his mortgage. We'd been up there unarmed in the hour or so before. It appeared the property was abandoned. I'd called a deputy and asked him to meet me there so we could properly secure the property according to ND law. The non-paying mortgage tenant had always said he'd protect "his" property with firearms.He is a poor official, not bright, and devious (same one who allowed Indians to come in masked at a town meeting and refused to check them for firearms. It is illegal to carry a firearm in a ND political meeting).

Three of the people in Unity ND (the felonious ARA's org) were felons--Chase Iron Eyes (4 felonies), Scott Patrick Garman (convicted bomber--he bombed an abortion clinic in Fargo in 1987 and is on trial in two weeks in MN for assaulting police with pepper spray-- and dope hound) and Jeremy Robert Kelly--21 arrests, a class A and class C felon--dopehound too--meth. SPLC and ADL regularly use these street thugs. Serach "Tinley Park Attack" on You Tube to see ARA's handiwork with baseball bats and hammers in a public restaurant. ARA was founded by old 60's Weatherman jew Michael Novick. Serach him on Metapedia.
TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 10:34 pm
@craig cobb,
Now I consider myself to be fairly intelligent, well informed and have considerable life experience. Why is it that I don't know anything about this conspiracy of which you speak? Have I been brainwashed? Or do you have access to secret knowledge or maybe special abilities or does the Almighty speak to you directly?
Please don't tell me about the actual conspiracy; I would rather slam my dick in a car door then to try to unravel your demented fantasies. I just want to know how you have knowledge that the rest of we 300,000,000 citizens lack.
0 Replies