Online dating.

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 01:53 pm
I know, I date online, i'm a loser. anyways. I have a thing for gothic girls. (Maybe cause i'm goth as well, also thats how i describe myself, I'm actually me.... more on that later) And sometimes there had to get to. But... I need some help. I feel like a real idiot sometimes.... maybe you guys can give me some tips or instruct me....
Arigato Gozaimaus (ignore any Japanese re lated typos)
~LS~
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,613 • Replies: 32
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 02:04 pm
Instruct you on what?

(Welcome to Able2Know, Light Samurai)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 02:07 pm
ehbeth and I met our sweeties online as did many others here. Dating online isn't for losers...it's for smart people.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 03:18 pm
I met my husband online. My ex-husband met a fabulous gal online....we're all HAPPILY married now.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 03:20 pm
Oh! And my sister met her fiance online too. Beck's the one who threw me mine! Long story, but a nice one.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 03:32 pm
tap tap tap
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 03:51 pm
what does tap tap tap mean?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 04:14 pm
I'm waiting for the story. Since the threadmeister is absent....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:25 pm
Pardon this question from an ignoramus, but how do you "date" online? I can understand that you could make contact online, but the dating bit puzzles me.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:32 pm
msolga wrote:
Pardon this question from an ignoramus, but how do you "date" online? I can understand that you could make contact online, but the dating bit puzzles me.

Well, I think it starts with the contact, and then maybe e-mail talks, or IM chat, then a meet-up. That's dating in my eyes.

Dating online is definitely not for losers. It's a whole new opportunity, and if you are careful, safer than meeting people at bars, or wherever. I miss my goth days....I can relate.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:35 pm
Dating online is quite easy, msolga.

First, I make the initial move, "Oh, hi, msolga. You certainly look lovely tonight. Would you like to take a stroll along the virtual beach and look at the stars and pick up seashells and stuff like that."

And then you say, "Get lost, creep!"

The date is over. Not a good date, mind you, but that's how these things work.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:37 pm
Laughing
Thank you for elightening me, Gus! But now I'm wondering what happens on a GOOD online date! :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:37 pm
There are other scenarios too Gus. Like msolga says "YES!" and you're so petrified, not having dated in ages, that you quickly turn your computer off.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:43 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Dating online is quite easy, msolga.

First, I make the initial move, "Oh, hi, msolga. You certainly look lovely tonight .... "

...When, in fact, msolga may well be having a bad hair day, sitting there in her pyjamas which she's been wearing all day ..... Laughing
This reminds me of peeking over students' shoulders while they were online in chat rooms at lunch time at school... "Italian Stallion", was in fact, a tiny, pimply & extremely shy boy "in the flesh". But online, boy! Shocked
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:45 pm
I've often pondered if tightrope walkers date online. Mind you, I have way too much time on my hands these days.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:48 pm
msolga wrote:
"Italian Stallion", was in fact, a tiny, pimply & extremely shy boy "in the flesh".

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Oh my friggin' lord! You're my teacher!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:50 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:06 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
msolga wrote:
"Italian Stallion", was in fact, a tiny, pimply & extremely shy boy "in the flesh".

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Oh my friggin' lord! You're my teacher!

Laughing Yes! I wondred how long it would take you to realize, Gus! Laughing
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:38 am
Hi MsOlga and everyone else...Here's how it worked for me: My older sister had recently moved to Colorado. She is a teacher and sort of reserved, definitely not a "clubber." She got online and looked through "thumbprints" at oneonone.com. (Not sure if that site is still in existence.) At that time, you did not have to pay money and join. It was fun for her to just look at the guys. If she thought one was good looking, she could look up his profile to see what he was like. She found one for me here in Houston! She e-mailed me his picture. I became curious about this new way of meeting people, and so I paid the $20. and joined. I never posted my pic, nor did I submit a profile. I got on and e-mailed this one guy...I told him a little about myself...and also that I had two kids...(which would be important!)...and I told him that if he was interested to e-mail back. He did! We e-mailed for a couple of days...and then met at the end of the week at a restaraunt here in town. Voila! He's perfect for me. So this bachelor goes out and buys a station wagon and now WE are perfect. We got married here in downtown Houston at the courthouse...and then we honeymooned in Bonaire. (We are windsurfers.) BTW, I have not been "online" since meeting him! This adventure into the A2K comm. is nice. I'm enjoying it while taking care of our little one, Juliet. Smile See? It can work!
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:42 am
I always forget something...Sad RE: enjoying the A2k community...I had a dream about Jespah last night! That's a different thread topic, I'm sure. Smile
0 Replies