Hooray! The new IKEA Catalogue is here!

urs53

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 02:21 pm
Margo, the original Ikea store is in Älmhult - for us Europeans it is not so close to Stockholm. But that might be seen differently by you! :-)

We were there, too, of course!

I like the Ikea design. A lot of stuff is just different from what you get in a German furniture store.

And the food! The cakes, chocolate, liquorice, potatoe chips... Usually, we spend more money on food than on anything else!

But the best meatballs are made by BigDice! With lots of cream sauce and lingonberries!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 02:33 pm
My niece (last summer-holiday-child of this season in YHA Hinteler :wink: ) and Mrs. Walter decided that I should drive them tomorrow morning in one IKEA.

Seems, we start in the morning .... and there are no other plans for the whole day. Shocked
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 02:45 pm
Ah, Friday at Ikea! During summer vacation! What a splendid idea! You will be in my thoughts, poor Walter... ;-)
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 02:54 pm
I was in Ikea any weeks ago, to bought a nape cushion. Inside Ikea there was also a restaurant. Which means the length of time was around one hour :-)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 12:40 am
Urs - I'm always totally lost in the northern hemisphere - it's the way you send your sun around the place - and you drive on the wrong side of the road! Ikea was there someplace - we saw 2 - but one was said to be the original one!Stockholm...they're all there somewhere Smile
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 12:51 am
Margo, our sun is definitely in the right places and we also drive on the right side of the road!

I am sure you did see the original Ikea.

I never thought about these problems for you being in the northern hemisphere. Maybe I should go to Australia to find out myself...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:15 am
urs53 wrote:
Ah, Friday at Ikea! During summer vacation! What a splendid idea! You will be in my thoughts, poor Walter... ;-)

Especially, since it's the last day of the summer holidays todays, bright sunshine ...

Thanks for incuding me in your prayers, urs!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:16 am
oops, thoughts it was Laughing
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:27 am
I like their furniture (my study is lined with "billy" bookcases) but to shop at Ikea is a bloody nightmare !!! It is always so f***ing crowded !!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:30 am
Nightmare? It's even worse.

(I think, the car got just this moment a damage, which can't be repaired before Monday :wink: )
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:31 am
Doesn't work ...............
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:05 am
Shame -Walter - shame!
Just take a book and sit in the car - or go and eat some meatballs (almost types mothballs!)
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:54 am
Quote:
Three men were trampled to death in a rush to claim vouchers at the first Ikea furniture showroom in Saudi Arabia yesterday, hospital officials said.

Sixteen shoppers were injured at the Sweden-based furniture store opening in Jeddah.

Source

Bin Laden's new venture?
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:59 am
That is already here in this thread
and it is not his new venture.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:06 am
Old news and a repeat post!! Hangs head in shame!!!
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:11 am
Give it up Mr Stillwater. Nobody can defeat Thok Cool
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:22 am
Nope, I guess not - you are right, Rick.

Walter, you still there? Or are you already eating meatballs. That would be good lunch today! And good Swedish coffee!

Oooh, but then I think about the crowd in that restaurant right now. Maybe not... My sandwich suddenly looks very tempting!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:39 am
Just returned.

I had had salmon, Mrs. Walter chicken schnitzel, niece only french fried with catchup.

And it wasn't that crowded at all: many English (soldier + families) customers, some more 'lost' children perhaps ("did you see my mother" I 've been asked twice in the restaurant) ...

Hadn't had to pay suuuuuuch much at the cashier, too :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:40 am
Oh, and we had been only 2 3/4 hours inside!
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:53 am
In IKEA Walter?
0 Replies