The Oppression of Free Speech

McGentrix

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:32 pm
If people could learn to behave themselves at protests, then the free speech zones wouldn't be neccessary. You seem to think that it's a government imposed attack on your rights when in reality it is a method of allowing an event to take place without a breakout of violence.

If you have a problem with that, take it up with the "anarchists" who create chaos at protests.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:37 pm
NYC disarms its subjects with its stupid gun laws. If those protests were held in say Texas, or Florida, and an anarchist attacked a police officer they way that one did in NYC, he would have been shot to death within seconds, possibly by some of his own ilk.

The left shows its venom...and it is ugly.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:38 pm
Everything is about guns with you in the end, cjhsa...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:42 pm
I have an agenda, true. Problem with that?

You know, if you ran into me in person, you wouldn't expect me to hold these interests. I'm just an average looking, casually dressed office worker in an urban area. My neighbors tease me when I wear my camo shirts, they'll walk right up to me and go "Oh! I didn't see you standing there!".

Dorks. Wink
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:48 pm
Big Brother
McGentrix wrote:
If people could learn to behave themselves at protests, then the free speech zones wouldn't be neccessary. . . .

Hail McGentrix--the faithful and loyal follower of Big Brother. Beware. Your children and your grandchildren will soon be the uniformed-members of the Homeland Security neighborhood watch and it's only a matter of time before they turn you in for your alleged unpatriotic deeds.

(I think your children and grand-children will be monetarily rewarded for each tip they submit--a boon to your family economy!)

When you're whisked away in the middle of the night to a secret torture facility and when they attach electrodes to your genitals to encourage a confession, you can bask in pride. After all, if you had not spurred your progeny's suspicions, the torture wouldn't be necessary.

Far-fetched? Perhaps not.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:50 pm
Better start agreeing with Debra, McGentrix, or your children will turn you in to the storm troopers, and the mind police will do that nasty stuff with your genitals.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:50 pm
Re: Big Brother
Debra_Law wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
If people could learn to behave themselves at protests, then the free speech zones wouldn't be neccessary. . . .

Hail McGentrix--the faithful and loyal follower of Big Brother. Beware. Your children and your grandchildren will soon be the uniformed-members of the Homeland Security neighborhood watch and it's only a matter of time before they turn you in for your alleged unpatriotic deeds.

(I think your children and grand-children will be monetarily rewarded for each tip they submit--a boon to your family economy!)

When you're whisked away in the middle of the night to a secret torture facility and when they attach electrodes to your genitals to encourage a confession, you can bask in pride. After all, if you had not spurred your progeny's suspicions, the torture wouldn't be necessary.

Far-fetched? Perhaps not.

What is this garbage? I hope you do better than this in front of a judge.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 03:59 pm
Re: Big Brother
McGentrix wrote:

What is this garbage, McG?

It appears to be blind "justification" for governmental oppression of rights protected by the Constitution. Your words appear to be borne of ignorance and disregard for the consequences when rights are annihilated. If you can accept your "justification" for a "free speech zone," what can you justify next? What may seem like a far-fetched consequence today, won't be tomorrow.

Who is the one who is truly talking garbage, McG?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:04 pm
That would be you DL. The "black block" has removed any doubt about the real intent of leftwing protestors. Even in San Francisco, the police have extensive, special training in dealing with unruly protests.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:06 pm
Debra_Law
Forgive him for he knowns not what he says.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:11 pm
Acts of violence and vandalism are not free speech.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:18 pm
Cjhsa
Agreed. however, neither is selective free speech area for your detractors..
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:18 pm
what?
cjhsa wrote:
The "black block" has removed any doubt about the real intent of leftwing protestors. Even in San Francisco, the police have extensive, special training in dealing with unruly protests.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Who are these "leftwing protestors?" What is their "real intent?" What is an "unruly protest?" Is it unruly to hold a sign that bears a message opposing war, torture, death, and the annihilation of rights? What are the San Francisco police plans for these people? (Are you talking about the use of tear gas and billy clubs?)

Please inform us.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:22 pm
assuming without proof
cjhsa wrote:
Acts of violence and vandalism are not free speech.

Holding a sign that says "No war for oil" is not an act of violence nor is it vandalism.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:29 pm
http://digilander.libero.it/anarkkia/Pagina%20Black%20Block.htm
0 Replies

1q2w3e

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:30 pm
Aren't most of the problems started when these protesters tresspass?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:31 pm
For those of you who seem to find it disturbing that average United States citizens are not versed in the Constitution at all.

I think there's quite a few average United States citizens that find it more disturbing seeing a police officer kicked and beaten to the point of unconciousness and now in critical condition.

Maybe we should ask him what he knows about the Constitution.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:36 pm
d_law, A simple observation but one I find useful to remember at times such as these, there is a larger than to be expected percentage of people who would tell you that they have never sold out to the guise of authority over principle but this is only because they have convinced themselves of this. In truth, they sold out but they just can't recognize this fact.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:39 pm
JustWonders wrote:
For those of you who seem to find it disturbing that average United States citizens are not versed in the Constitution at all.

I think there's quite a few average United States citizens that find it more disturbing seeing a police officer kicked and beaten to the point of unconciousness and now in critical condition.

Maybe we should ask him what he knows about the Constitution.

Not to kick police officers but in protest they have been on the other side as well. Neither point; yours or mine, really speaks to the issue at hand.

I don't know how we democrats can really say anything since the cage thing at our convention. In the end I think it can safely be said that both sides have gone over board in this election on about every front.
0 Replies

1q2w3e

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 04:45 pm
The democrats seem to take it much further than the republicans, and to be much more hateful and disruptive when they protest.
0 Replies