Merits and defects of Plasma, LCD, DLP TV sets

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 01:04 am
Merits and defects of Plasma, LCD, DLP TV sets
English version by Oristar

Digital Light Processor television has a big screen, and looks upscale and grand. The size of a DLP television can easily reach 38 inches which is beyond the grasp of a traditional cathode-ray tube. But DLP has its fatal defects -- both its brightness and definition cannot be enough high; its jumbo size occupies too many room; and over time, its quality attenuates rapidly.

LCD television is wafer-thin and very light, radiation-free and has high definition. It occupies little room -- you can put it on your TV set, hang it on wall even ceiling; and you can watch it when laying on bed. LCD looks cute and comfortable. But its size is so limited that engineers cannot make it as big as DLP or Plasma TV set according to the technological level nowadays.

Plasma television possesses both the merits of DLP and LCD, while avoided both the defects of them -- the size of a Plasma television can reach the size of a DLP, and its brightness and definition are far better than a DLP television set; and at the same time, the Plasma is as wafer-thin and very light as a LCD.

(Editing needed)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,031 • Replies: 4
No top replies

oristarA

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:46 pm
Is it hopeless to get the little essay edited? Razz Laughing
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 12:21 am
The use of the word "grand" in such a context is very English, you wouldn't catch many Americans saying it.

Quote:
both its brightness and definition cannot be enough high
I would say, 'its brightness and definition are not very high'

Quote:
its jumbo size occupies too many room
too much room

Quote:
hang it on wall even ceiling
hang it on a wall or even from the cilieng

Quote:
you can watch it when laying on bed
watch it when lying in bed

Quote:
cannot make it as big as DLP or Plasma TV
as big as a DLP

Quote:
while avoided both the defects of them
avoiding the defects of them both

Quote:
as wafer-thin and very light as a LCD
as wafer-thin and light as an LCD

I hope I haven't missed anything, if I have I blame it on a rather significant lack of sleep Smile .
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 03:50 am
Thanks for editing, Fortune.

I particularly like "avoiding the defects of them both". That sounds professional.

PS. "It's" goes for "it is; it has", while "its' is "The possessive form of it". Please check out your dictionaries.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 05:04 am
No dictionary needed, Oristar, just sleep! I've now edited that little typo. Smile
0 Replies