Bvs18

Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 06:24 pm
Okay well first I'm a girl who's dating a girl and we've been together for over a year now. And the other day I found out that my grandma was dieing and I wanted my girlfriend to be there for me and instead she leaves me to go fishing with her best guy friend who seems to always take her away from me. She kept saying she had these plans for a while and that she can't always be there for me and that I needed to find someone else. But she promised she would always be there for me and yet she leaves me to go fishing after I told her I didn't want to be alone and wanted her. Fishing can be rescheduled but losing someone is totally different. She was with me when I lost my dad and I just wanted support again. Am I in the wrong for blowing off on her and calling her selfish for leaving me to go fishing with Joe while I was really upset or is she in the wrong for thinking she done nothing wrong and that its my fault for this argument. I just told her how I felt and that it hurt my feelings and she told me to go to a friend because she can't be there for me all the time but yet she promised she would be there every step with me and this is different because someone in my family was dieing. And I even told her she could've invited me but she kept coming up with excuses saying she couldn't or well she didn't and how she can't come home because if she did she would stay with her mom but her mom is out of town and her dad gave her permission to stay at the house with company and she just acted like he never did. Am I wrong for going off on her?

I'm 18 and she's 18 by the way
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 697 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 07:14 pm
@Bvs18,
Bvs18 wrote:

Okay well first I'm a girl who's dating a girl and we've been together for over a year now. And the other day I found out that my grandma was dieing and I wanted my girlfriend to be there for me and instead she leaves me to go fishing with her best guy friend who seems to always take her away from me. She kept saying she had these plans for a while and that she can't always be there for me and that I needed to find someone else. But she promised she would always be there for me and yet she leaves me to go fishing after I told her I didn't want to be alone and wanted her. Fishing can be rescheduled but losing someone is totally different. She was with me when I lost my dad and I just wanted support again. Am I in the wrong for blowing off on her and calling her selfish for leaving me to go fishing with Joe while I was really upset or is she in the wrong for thinking she done nothing wrong and that its my fault for this argument. I just told her how I felt and that it hurt my feelings and she told me to go to a friend because she can't be there for me all the time but yet she promised she would be there every step with me and this is different because someone in my family was dieing. And I even told her she could've invited me but she kept coming up with excuses saying she couldn't or well she didn't and how she can't come home because if she did she would stay with her mom but her mom is out of town and her dad gave her permission to stay at the house with company and she just acted like he never did. Am I wrong for going off on her?

I'm 18 and she's 18 by the way

I'm uncertain from your post whether your GF left you to go fishing, or was already away and couldn't "come home." I think there are many details that are missing. Regardless, what were you planning to do upon hearing news your grandmother was dying? Did you plan to go visit your grandmother? Why did you need your GF to be right next to you essentially holding your hand? Didn't your GF already express her condolences and sadness for your impending loss? You can only control your own conduct, not the conduct of others. And your GF has made it clear to you that she will not always be at your beck and call.

You're young and you're experiencing probably your first serious relationship. You're also learning about yourself and others. And if you're feeling that you're not the most important person in your GF's life, your "going off on her" about it isn't going to change that feeling. It's something you have to reflect upon and evaluate as the relationship either grows or fades away. Good wishes to you as you work through your feelings on this matter.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 08:46 pm
It's not clear whether you wanted her to be with you at this time when you were feeling really bad, but since you said, " I told her I didn't want to be alone and wanted her" I'm assuming that's it.

You felt bad and she didn't cancel her plans for your feelings. (right?)

I don't know what to tell you. If grandma had actually died, I might feel differently.

Your feelings are your feelings. They are neither more right than other's or less. But remember: You will need her in the future even more than this week, so why not give her the benefit of the doubt?

Perhaps there are other people who can help you out at this time. You seem to be overloaded with grief with so many people dying and sick. Be careful not to insist that your GF be a therapist to you and your issues.
0 Replies