Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 09:28 pm
I am new here and I was wondering if anyone out there could help. I am married to a Soldier who is currently stationed in Iraq and I found out today he has not been truthful with me and this is not the first time. I am really confused, I guess I just do not want to be lied to and he just can't seem to stop doing it. I feel like I am at my whit's end and I just don't know what to do anymore. Can anyone help? thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 465 • Replies: 5
No top replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 09:49 pm
I think for us to be able to give you any kind of advise, we'll need a bit more information on what's going on. What you've given us is a cryptic version of something here. Once we know what's going on, i'm sure many people will try to help you out. Welcome to a2k!
0 Replies

Pyroe munky

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 10:01 pm
Well I do not know if you are familiar with military pay, well anyways Our pay had a signifigant drop in it, so I looked at our LES which is statement basically of what money goes where, well any ways my husband Has taken about $1200.00 worth of Causual Pay and had said nothing to me of it, and bewcause of it things are getting tight. He has done this before when he was in korea for a year. He has been taking money over a period of three months and he has said nothing to me and basically when I asked him the first time about it he said he didn't know why we had a drop in pay. I guess I just do not understand why he must keep things from me. It hurts
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 10:35 pm
i dont know what to tell you munky, although i would suggest that you get a job of your own now if you haven't already got one!
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 11:24 pm
I'm trying to think of who it is on bases who handles discrepencies like this... I do believe it is a fairly common occurence... But, I hope you realize that the person earning the money does have rights to dispose of it him/herself that supercede yours, as the spouse, at least some of it. If there aren't small children in your house, I would suggest you get a job someplace to have your own money at your disposal. If you have a spouse who keeps secrets and spends without consideration of you, you need funds for yourself. You and your dh will either resolve your problems to your mutual satisfaction when he gets back, or you will not. In the meantime, securing a nest egg for emergences is in your best interest. So, find employment!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 06:29 am
Lies are destructive--particularly stupid lies.

He must have known you would notice the reduced paychecks.

A guy in Iraq is entitled to R&R, but you're also entitled to honesty from a partner and a budget you can count on.

Obviously you don't want to start a shrieking, screaming, long distance battle when the man you love in in a war zone.

Ask again. Remind him that you're working on a budget and need to know what money will be coming in. If he continues to be evasive (and he's not giving you answers because he thinks you won't like the answers) swallow this for now--and put the matter at the top of "When He's Safe Home" conversation.

Getting a job might help both in the budget shortfall and in giving you some outside interests.

Good luck. Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies