Flu like symptoms

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 07:46 am
It's hot here Smile Though I came down with flu like symptoms; body aches and fever ( starting from midngiht to early morning according to The National Fever Timing, you can call it FMT ).

Ok, here is the thing, I went to a private clinic and the doc told me it's no big deal, a couple of shots will do.Then, I went back home with my medication , only tablets.The next day , same time, I had another visit and the doctor said: it's no big deal an iv fluid will do .I came back home with extra medications, also.I'm so far ( intact ) but you don't know fever.Why the fever comes during the night? what is so special about the night and what were the kind of injections ( injected ) in my iv ? Do you people still believe in drugs? I mean, I saw a bunch of guys took the herbs and other stuff way.

what do you think of this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 800 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 09:09 am
Influenza is nothing to fool around with. Thousands of Americans die of the flu every year. I don't know what the stats are in other countries, but the bottom line is, this is a disease that looks like nothing (oh, it's just a bad cold!), but it has the potential to be fatal.

Do you have a regular doctor? If so, go to him or her as your history will be there. I have no idea why you are getting fever in the night; that's a question for a certified medical professional.

Do not fool around with this. Flu is a dangerous illness. Please be careful.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 09:14 am
Thanks jespah for your care.That was my doc.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 09:33 am
hmm - little over a month ago - I left work thinking I had the flu - turned out to be an infection and I was in the hospital 11 days.

stay on top of it.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:54 am
listen to husker, and check yourself better. It would be very odd for flu to be "active" only at night. When you have real flu, you have fever during all day.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:05 am
Also, summer is not flu season. Get a second opinion, preferably from an infectious disease doctor. I don't want to cause you undue concern, but symptoms that you describe could come from many, and quite different causes. See another doctor, and insist on a blood test! Good luck!
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:57 pm
West Nile Fever is always a possibility if you live within its range. If you have a fever, stay in bed, because activity only aggravates it.

If you have the flu, antibiotics only help with secondary bacterial infections.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:03 pm
Don't know where "God's Land" is, but we have hanta virus in the southwestern US, which starts with flu like symptoms. Let's see, though. . . . You posted the question on August 26, and you're still alive. Probably not hanta virus, then.

SARS?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 08:38 pm
I don't know where you're located, but your symptoms sound like malaria among a few other diseases.

For example,tuberculosis classically presents this way, but other diseases such as lymphoma and other cancers, as well as other infections can present this way.

If you tell us the name of the medication, we can make an educated guess as to the medical problem.
0 Replies