Foofie

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 11:12 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
when it comes to SMARTS, you have to admit ... we Americans are the top bananas.

You have evidence of the above? I mean, over and beyond your posts, which would fit better as counter-examples...

Possibly, it would be more correct to say that America has all the smarts, since the intelligent folks from all over the world do want to come to the US very often. It is a safer existence oftentimes, and one doesn't get claustrophobia in a 3,000 mile wide country. Plus, there is upward mobility in the US; not so everywhere else.

Just yesterday on some international news tv channel there was a vignette about some French government agency designed/purpose to protect the French culture. So, it seems the French culture helps the economy, with tourism; however, that does not get men on the moon, let alone make hi-tech innovations.

So, all this intelligence coming to the US, where one's children become American kids, results in an eventual gene pool where Americans are looked upon as different in a begrudging sort of way.

I wouldn't expect Europeans to accept this view, since Europeans may still think of the world according to a eurocentric world view (Far East denoting how far it is from Europe).
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 01:07 pm
@neologist,
I was referring to the gibberish posts that look like they may be composed by a bot. Not nonsensical humor.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 01:09 pm
@djjd62,
No, these are community standards, and wouldn't be very good ones if they did not apply to all.
djjd62

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 05:47 am
@Robert Gentel,
what if i claim my rights under DLM

Denigrated Lives Matter
neologist

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 10:11 am
@djjd62,
You could always encourage hate PMs.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 11:54 am
@djjd62,
I don't mind roughing you up by PM. We'll start with your hair.
neologist

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 01:16 pm
@Lash,
And that grin!
Sheesh!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 07:29 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

what if i claim my rights under DLM

Denigrated Lives Matter

So....let me get this straight. You are demanding the right to continue to be denigrated?

Does this mean you have embraced your inner denigrategement? Have you declared a sovereign nation of Denigratia whose single citizen demands a separate TOS Treaty?

But even I, as a citizen of a slightly larger country, cannot demand a separate Ozzian TOS treaty!

Isn't that Pythonesque? As in the Palestine Liberation Front in Life of Brian Pythonesque?

In other words, I'm telling you you're dreaming.
dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 08:38 pm
@dlowan,
With great fondness and a smile.
0 Replies