neologist

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 11:55 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
. . . Nonsensical or incoherent posts will be removed at any volume. . .
What if they're funny?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 12:46 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
Robert Gentel wrote:
What if they're funny?
/quote]I could imagine that in such a case they will be removed with a lot of LOL's.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 12:55 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Robert Gentel wrote:
What if they're funny?

Dude! Will I get banned for merely being myself? Much of what I write here is non sequitorical.
Σ੧(❛□❛✿)
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 01:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well, you should change your ways and be sensible like me.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 01:07 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
. . . Can we not have an A2K naughty step? . .
Like this one? http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/neologist/Naughty.JPG
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 01:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
many of my posts are sardonic

or perhaps they simply smell fishy
Miller

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 03:36 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

Miller wrote:
Nationality should be part of the profile of every member.

why?

Because we're all out to get you!

WOOOO-HOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO......

Djjd62: We'er on our way. Keep the light on the front porch on!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 03:45 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

And who will make sure that they write the truth??? That's a ridiculous idea. Better to treat nationality just like any other group characteristic (religion, race, gender etc.) which are not to be slurred here.

Just like it's not okay to say that all Catholics or all Protestants or all Jews or all Muslims are assholes, it should NOT be okay to say that all American or all Israelis or all Zimbabweans or all French are assholes. How difficult is that to understand?

Understand? We know you're not an American. It's obvious, isn't it?

What are you afraid of? Americans are nice and we're very friendly.

However, when it comes to SMARTS, you have to admit ...we Americans are the top bananas. How difficult is that to understand?
Miller

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 03:55 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

He toys with me in a vain attempt at humor.

What say you? You've got a mouse in your pocket?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 04:19 pm
@djjd62,
Some of us are fans of yours. We need some sardonicity here. Also, people like me who make up words.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 08:18 am
@Miller,
Quote:
when it comes to SMARTS, you have to admit ... we Americans are the top bananas.

You have evidence of the above? I mean, over and beyond your posts, which would fit better as counter-examples...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 08:48 am
@farmerman,
Well Farma what does one do when "idiot" is the correct assesment about someones posting ? I have not refrain myself both of being idiotic sometimes, the healthy kind, and naming genuine idiots when they show up... if I get probation for calling bulshit when I see it I just leave. The only reason I keep posting on A2K is reduced to a hand full of menbers that are informative and have interesting opinions to share even when they oppose my povs. If this forum will turn into gestapo sanitized status quo of middle class group thinking I will just go preach somwhere else.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 09:00 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
The fears of gestapoization are a bit overblown, me think... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 07:55 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
If this forum will turn into gestapo sanitized status quo of middle class group thinking I will just go preach somwhere else.
Back in your cage Kong. All I was interested in was to get some idea where these boundaries are and what are the metrics?

Ive already learnt things from this thread that I had no idea was even going on among supposedly educated adults.

Like two debators reporting each other for the same thing. Id think that this would be a perfect means to start some self examination. When the subject of the debate becomes secondary to insults and name calling (no matter what the cause and who "Started it"). Its all childish crap when that happens.
Weve had several members get pitched and whove stayed away. I think the site is much better for their dismissal.
Weve lost several really good members over the years cause they just got the shits of insults posing as debate.
Kolyo

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 09:00 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Like two debators reporting each other for the same thing.

It should be possible to report on one's opponents during real political debates, and I suspect if it were we'd see politicians reporting on each other for exactly the same things at the same time. But what penalties would the moderators mete out? I like the idea of sending sitting U.S. Senators to the corner to wear dunce caps.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 09:08 pm
@farmerman,
Well that's the problem isn't it ? Knowing the boundaries and the metrics and what is about to change prompted my justified speculation on what I don't want. Whatever you are interested in is your business. As I said before I dislike unnatural policed environments. They downgrade intellectual debate. As is is bad enough. Rather have Setanta bulling around while posting 1 out of 10 interesting posts then having him or others like him shut up. I don't like nice people nor nice talking...those bastards are the worse in this fracked up world.
My cage is Reality you cannot send my back in that which I was never out. Kong signing off. Night night old chap. Hoping to hear more news on your boat adventures.
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 04:32 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
But youve gotta get tired of interminable hate fests and posting insults from folks who are only interested in (apparently ) boosting their own sagging self esteems.

Anyway, this site isnt ONLY about debate. It used to have all sorts of interesting topics about many subjects within which posters SHARED information. That stuff is gone because today, most all threads start off with someone seeking a discussion about a topic, and , often within the first page, someone starts with the vituperation and it usually only manages to kill the thread.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 04:36 am
I've just reported all of you clowns, for wounding me in my self-love.
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 04:54 am
@Setanta,
well, make sure you use a kleenex
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 05:36 am
Oh, i'll need a paper towel, at least . . .
0 Replies