Friends dad has cancer

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 08:18 pm
So this girl who iv been friends with for a while, we just got a lot closer. She seemed upset so I asked what's the matter, she was scared her bf was gonna break up wth her. Anyways, she said that she feels like everyone's life is better than she told me her dad has cancer. I said I'm there for I and she looked like she was about to cry, her face got very red but she didn't. I never knew her dad had cancer, I knew he was out of the picture but I though maybe they were divorced. She said she's not suppose to tell a lot of people. I kinda want to know who else knows but how do I ask? Also how to a be a good friend and help her and let her know I'm there for her?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,423 • Replies: 2
No top replies

chai2

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:27 pm
@lollypop35,
It's not important for you to know who else knows. If she said she's not supposed to tell a lot of people, this is your opportunity to show you're a true friend, trustworthy and one who will respect her wishes. Don't ask her who else knows.

Say the words "Let me know how I can help you. I'm there for you."

Mean it.
If she asks for help, be there.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:41 pm
@lollypop35,
Respect the fact that she has told you, for what ever reason she trusts you, so don't try to establish what other friends know if they do, therefore are you more important to her or not. That's selfish.

What occured is, she told you.

What occured is, she hopes that you will stand by her now in her need.

I hope so too.
0 Replies