then and now

cavfancier

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 06:52 am
Okay, I'll try to play nice, but it's tough on this one. Personally, on both this thread and the quote Harper posted, I feel that this comes down to a very simple equation: Homosexuality is responsible for all the evils in the world, and is therefore relevent to everything bad that happens, even if the connection is way beyond tenuous, because, homosexuality is the root of all evil. Now we have come full circle, and everyone knows how effective circular arguments are in political debate.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 06:58 am
I agree Cav, it is tough. I think most people know my stance on homosexuality and gay marriage, but it drives me nuts when someone who is obviously also against said practices begins trying to make a connection where there is none or talks as though a person is somehow less of a person if they are gay. My line is drawn there because I believe all people have value regardless of whether they believe as I do or not.

Those who talk as Ibredd talks gives those who happen to also be against the gay lifestyle on moral grounds a bad name.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 07:11 am
While I disagree with your stance on homosexuality and gay marriage, CoastalRat, I'm with you on everything else.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 07:17 am
The love of money
cavfancier wrote:
Okay, I'll try to play nice, but it's tough on this one. Personally, on both this thread and the quote Harper posted, I feel that this comes down to a very simple equation: Homosexuality is responsible for all the evils in the world, and is therefore relevent to everything bad that happens, even if the connection is way beyond tenuous, because, homosexuality is the root of all evil. Now we have come full circle, and everyone knows how effective circular arguments are in political debate.

I'm trying to follow your reasoning. However, the love of money is the root of all evil. Therefore, I surmise that homosexuals love money more than the Republicans love money. Is that possible? Ah ha! There you go. I finally realize why the Republican Party openly discriminates against homosexuals. It's due to resentment and rivalry over the homosexuals' perceived lust for money. . . .

Thank you, Cav, for introducing me to the wondrous benefits of circularity.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 07:19 am
(I am too.)

Politics, in any place, often seems to be a competition on who can shout the loudest without using their brains...

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 07:26 am
Re: The love of money
Debra_Law wrote:
cavfancier wrote:

I'm trying to follow your reasoning. However, the love of money is the root of all evil. Therefore, I surmise that homosexuals love money more than the Republicans love money. Is that possible? Ah ha! There you go. I finally realize why the Republican Party openly discriminates against homosexuals. It's due to resentment and rivalry over the homosexuals' perceived lust for money. . . .

Thank you, Cav, for introducing me to the wondrous benefits of circularity.

I do hope eveyone knows that the point was that there is absolutely no reasoning in my argument whatsoever, much like in Ibredd's bizzare ramblings. Actually Debra, the real reason the Rebuplicans openly discriminate against homosexuals is because they have no dependents to bail out of booze and coke-filled nights on the town. Wait a minute....they also won't let homosexuals adopt. How's that for circularity?
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 10:46 am
Are you kiddies about done with playing "Queer Eye" for the Two Johns? Or have you conceded to the President?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 11:13 am
What President? I have a Prime Minister.
0 Replies