Who Is Jesus Christ?

The Anointed

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2024 10:17 pm
@kjw47,
Quote:
The bible has proved itself true. So Mr. Watts is wrong.

The bible has indeed proved itself true, but Mr. Alan Watts is not wrong in saying that the men who developed the Roman form of Christianity as accepted by the majority of today's christian denominations including the JWs, didn't know where Jesus fit into the religion, so they kicked him upstairs, that is, they made their religion supernatural
fobvius

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2024 11:58 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
they made their religion supernatural

There's a novel idea.
The Anointed

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2024 03:08 am
@fobvius,
Quote:
There's a novel idea.

Isn't it though, Christianity appears to have divorced the man Jesus from the world of reality and choose to ignore the historical life and times in which he was born and raised. They seem to be more interested in mysteries rather than in reality.
0 Replies

kjw47

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2024 04:42 pm
@The Anointed,
The roman form=2Thess 2:3--not accepted by any true follower.
0 Replies

FredBquick

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2024 03:25 pm
Jesus Christ is the incarnation that the angel told Mary was to be called the Son of God, as Luke showed. The incarnation was that of Logos, translated as the Word, who is not limited but was involved as Creator at the start of creation. Limitation was taken voluntarily in the incarnation with experiencing life as a human among the human creatures, that Christ came for to provide the way of redemption for any to be restored to God who is so gracious for that.
The Anointed

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2024 05:05 pm
@FredBquick,
Quote:
Jesus Christ is the incarnation that the angel told Mary was to be called the Son of God, as Luke showed.

Jesus Christ is the man that the Lord ‘WHO I AM’ spoke of in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; when he said to Moses "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command, and whosoever will not heed MY WORDS, which he shall speak in MY NAME, I will surely punish, etc.”

This happened when Jesus, the son of Mary and her half-brother Joseph the son of Heli was baptised when he was about 30 years old and the spirit of the Lord descended upon him in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say, ‘You are my son, this day I have begotten thee.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2024 11:18 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
This happened when Jesus, the son of Mary and her half-brother Joseph the son of Heli was baptised when he was about 30 years old and the spirit of the Lord descended upon him in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say, ‘You are my son, this day I have begotten thee.

Jesus Christ was the 'MAN' spoken of in Acts 17, 31. GNB. 'For He has fixed a day in which He will judge the whole world with justice by means of a 'MAN' He has 'CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that 'MAN' from death.
FredBquick

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2024 03:27 pm
@The Anointed,
Indeed, Jesus was really a man. A man that the Bible shows was the incarnation that Mary his mother learned would come with the Spirit of God coming upon her and she coming to be pregnant with that one who would be called the Son of God. And it is shown the incarnation is of the Word who is with God and is God. The Bible shows still that there is really only one God and no other. The man that was Jesus was yet the supreme being, which means he is God. That man Jesus was one consciousness that could speak yet to that which is the Father in heaven while there was still in full unity in everything. God is one being.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2024 05:50 pm
@FredBquick,
Quote:
Indeed, Jesus was really a man.

A man that the Bible shows was born of the union of Mary and her half-brother Joseph the son of Alexander Helios AKA ;Heli;.

Hebrews 5, 7-10; In his life on earth Jesus made his prayers and requests with loud cries and tears to God, who could save him from death. Because he was humble and devoted, God heard him. 8But even though he was ‘’A’’ Son of God, he learnt through his sufferings to be obedient. 9When he was made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him, 10and God declared him to be high priest, in the priestly order of Melchizedek.

All Israelites are sons of God, Psalms 82, 6; ‘You are gods’ I said; ‘all of you are sons of the Most High.’

The man Jesus was made ''Son of God'', not by blood, nor by the will of the flesh, nor by the will of man, but by the spirit of the Lord with which he was filled on the day of his baptism, when the spirit descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say; “You are my Son, ‘THIS DAY’ I have begotten thee,” or as said in Hebrew 5: 5; “You are my Son, ‘TODAY’ I have become your Father.

He learnt through his sufferings to be obedient. When he was finally made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him.
0 Replies