7

Who Is Jesus Christ?

The Anointed

0  
Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2024 10:17 pm
@kjw47,
The bible has proved itself true. So Mr. Watts is wrong.

The bible has indeed proved itself true, but Mr. Alan Watts is not wrong in saying that the men who developed the Roman form of Christianity as accepted by the majority of today's christian denominations including the JWs, didn't know where Jesus fit into the religion, so they kicked him upstairs, that is, they made their religion supernatural
fobvius

1  
Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2024 11:58 pm
@The Anointed,
they made their religion supernatural

There's a novel idea.
The Anointed

0  
Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2024 03:08 am
@fobvius,
There's a novel idea.

Isn't it though, Christianity appears to have divorced the man Jesus from the world of reality and choose to ignore the historical life and times in which he was born and raised. They seem to be more interested in mysteries rather than in reality.

kjw47

0  
Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2024 04:42 pm
@The Anointed,
The roman form=2Thess 2:3--not accepted by any true follower.

FredBquick

1  
Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2024 03:25 pm
Jesus Christ is the incarnation that the angel told Mary was to be called the Son of God, as Luke showed. The incarnation was that of Logos, translated as the Word, who is not limited but was involved as Creator at the start of creation. Limitation was taken voluntarily in the incarnation with experiencing life as a human among the human creatures, that Christ came for to provide the way of redemption for any to be restored to God who is so gracious for that.
The Anointed

0  
Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2024 05:05 pm
@FredBquick,
Jesus Christ is the incarnation that the angel told Mary was to be called the Son of God, as Luke showed.

Jesus Christ is the man that the Lord ‘WHO I AM’ spoke of in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; when he said to Moses "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command, and whosoever will not heed MY WORDS, which he shall speak in MY NAME, I will surely punish, etc.”

This happened when Jesus, the son of Mary and her half-brother Joseph the son of Heli was baptised when he was about 30 years old and the spirit of the Lord descended upon him in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say, ‘You are my son, this day I have begotten thee.
The Anointed

0  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2024 11:18 pm
@The Anointed,

Jesus Christ was the 'MAN' spoken of in Acts 17, 31. GNB. 'For He has fixed a day in which He will judge the whole world with justice by means of a 'MAN' He has 'CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that 'MAN' from death.