Who Is Jesus Christ?

The Anointed

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2024 10:17 pm
@kjw47,
Quote:
The bible has proved itself true. So Mr. Watts is wrong.

The bible has indeed proved itself true, but Mr. Alan Watts is not wrong in saying that the men who developed the Roman form of Christianity as accepted by the majority of today's christian denominations including the JWs, didn't know where Jesus fit into the religion, so they kicked him upstairs, that is, they made their religion supernatural
fobvius

Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2024 11:58 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
they made their religion supernatural

There's a novel idea.
The Anointed

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2024 03:08 am
@fobvius,
Quote:
There's a novel idea.

Isn't it though, Christianity appears to have divorced the man Jesus from the world of reality and choose to ignore the historical life and times in which he was born and raised. They seem to be more interested in mysteries rather than in reality.
0 Replies

kjw47

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2024 04:42 pm
@The Anointed,
The roman form=2Thess 2:3--not accepted by any true follower.
0 Replies

FredBquick

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2024 03:25 pm
Jesus Christ is the incarnation that the angel told Mary was to be called the Son of God, as Luke showed. The incarnation was that of Logos, translated as the Word, who is not limited but was involved as Creator at the start of creation. Limitation was taken voluntarily in the incarnation with experiencing life as a human among the human creatures, that Christ came for to provide the way of redemption for any to be restored to God who is so gracious for that.
The Anointed

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2024 05:05 pm
@FredBquick,
Quote:
Jesus Christ is the incarnation that the angel told Mary was to be called the Son of God, as Luke showed.

Jesus Christ is the man that the Lord ‘WHO I AM’ spoke of in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; when he said to Moses "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command, and whosoever will not heed MY WORDS, which he shall speak in MY NAME, I will surely punish, etc.”

This happened when Jesus, the son of Mary and her half-brother Joseph the son of Heli was baptised when he was about 30 years old and the spirit of the Lord descended upon him in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say, ‘You are my son, this day I have begotten thee.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2024 11:18 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
This happened when Jesus, the son of Mary and her half-brother Joseph the son of Heli was baptised when he was about 30 years old and the spirit of the Lord descended upon him in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say, ‘You are my son, this day I have begotten thee.

Jesus Christ was the 'MAN' spoken of in Acts 17, 31. GNB. 'For He has fixed a day in which He will judge the whole world with justice by means of a 'MAN' He has 'CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that 'MAN' from death.
FredBquick

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2024 03:27 pm
@The Anointed,
Indeed, Jesus was really a man. A man that the Bible shows was the incarnation that Mary his mother learned would come with the Spirit of God coming upon her and she coming to be pregnant with that one who would be called the Son of God. And it is shown the incarnation is of the Word who is with God and is God. The Bible shows still that there is really only one God and no other. The man that was Jesus was yet the supreme being, which means he is God. That man Jesus was one consciousness that could speak yet to that which is the Father in heaven while there was still in full unity in everything. God is one being.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2024 05:50 pm
@FredBquick,
Quote:
Indeed, Jesus was really a man.

A man that the Bible shows was born of the union of Mary and her half-brother Joseph the son of Alexander Helios AKA ;Heli;.

Hebrews 5, 7-10; In his life on earth Jesus made his prayers and requests with loud cries and tears to God, who could save him from death. Because he was humble and devoted, God heard him. 8But even though he was ‘’A’’ Son of God, he learnt through his sufferings to be obedient. 9When he was made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him, 10and God declared him to be high priest, in the priestly order of Melchizedek.

All Israelites are sons of God, Psalms 82, 6; ‘You are gods’ I said; ‘all of you are sons of the Most High.’

The man Jesus was made ''Son of God'', not by blood, nor by the will of the flesh, nor by the will of man, but by the spirit of the Lord with which he was filled on the day of his baptism, when the spirit descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say; “You are my Son, ‘THIS DAY’ I have begotten thee,” or as said in Hebrew 5: 5; “You are my Son, ‘TODAY’ I have become your Father.

He learnt through his sufferings to be obedient. When he was finally made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him.
FredBquick

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2024 03:30 pm
@The Anointed,
I don't believe Mary the mother of Jesus was married to her half brother. But I am not going to talk about that. I address the issue about who Jesus is. The best way to know is with reading the four gospel accounts in the Bible. Jesus is showing who he is. Above all, you, any of us, are to trust Jesus. Trust Jesus like we should trust God. Because the signs and the wisdom with Jesus being shown are testimony for him. Anyway the angel appearing to Mary told her this one who she would give birth to would be called the Son of God. And the start of the gospel account of John shows why, he is the incarnation of Logos the Word with God who is God. There certainly is only one God, this means the Supreme Being, and Jesus the man as the incarnation was the supreme being, and so that same being, God, and he was the image of the invisible being.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2024 05:16 pm
@FredBquick,
Quote:
Anyway the angel appearing to Mary told her this one who she would give birth to would be called the Son of God.

And who can deny that the human child born to Mary and J0seph the children of Heli, has been called the Son of God.

Quote:
And the start of the gospel account of John shows why,

John 1: 1; In the beginning was the Logos=WORD and the Logos was God. And the supreme personality or controlling mind to have developed within the invisible eternal body of ever evolving information, was “THE LIGHT OF MAN” All the information, knowledge, wisdom and insight, gained from the body of mankind, the MOST HIGH in the previous creation, who was the Light and life of that ever-growing body of information, which is called God. All things came into existence through him, by him, and for him. Without him, nothing exists.
The root to the word “BRAHMAN” originally meant “SPEECH”, much the same as the “LOGOS” is said to mean ‘WORD.

Shabda Brahman From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Shabda Brahman or Sabda-brahman or Nada brahmin means transcendental sound (Shatapatha Brahmana III.12.48) or sound vibration (Shatpatha Brahmana Vi.16.51) or the transcendental sound of the Vedas (Shatpatha Brahmana Xi.21.36) or of Vedic scriptures (Shatpatha Brahmana X.20.43).
Nada Brahmin Tradition
Shabda or sabda stands for word manifested by sound ('verbal') and such a word has innate power to convey a particular sense or meaning (Artha). According to the Nyaya and the Vaisheshika schools, Shabda means verbal testimony; to the Sanskrit grammarians, Yaska, Panini and Katyayana it meant a unit of language or speech or vac. In the philosophical terms this word appears for the first time in the Maitri Upanishad (Sloka VI.22) that speaks of two kinds of Brahman - Shabda Brahman ('Brahman with sound') and Ashabda Brahman ('soundless Brahman'). Bhartrhari speaks about the creative power of shabda, the manifold universe is a creation of Shabda Brahman (Brihadaranyaka Upanishad IV.i.2). Speech is equated with Brahman (Shatpatha Brahmana 2.1.4.10).The Rig Veda states that Brahman extends as far as Vāc (R.V.X.114.8), and has hymns in praise of Speech as the Creator (R.V.X.71.7) and as the final abode of Brahman (R.V.I.164.37). Time is the creative power of Shabda Brahman.
Shabda OR SHABDA STANDS FOR ‘WORD’ MANIFESTED BY SOUND [VERBAL]
Bhartrhari speaks about the creative power of shabda, the manifold universe is a creation of Shabda Brahman
The Rig Veda states that Brahman extends as far as Vāc (R.V.X.114.8), and has hymns in praise of ‘SPEECH AS THE CREATOR.’

In Sanskrit the similar meaning is given in the use of the word 'vac.' Vac means word. But in Sanskrit teachings of the Sanatana Dharma, vac has many levels. Including where the word is first considered as being in the mind as ‘A THOUGHT,’ and not as the spoken word or speech. The WORD spoken of in John 1, is, in fact THE GREAT THOUGHT’ that we hail as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. (

Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like ‘A GREAT THOUGHT’ than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. (R. C. Henry, “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29, 2005)
The Anointed

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2024 06:42 pm
@The Anointed,
Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command, and whosoever will not heed MY WORDS, which he shall speak in MY NAME, I will punish, etc.”

Whose words were these which were spoken through the mouth of the man Jesus in John 6, 53-59. 53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

Whose words were these in reference to the body of Jesus, the earthly temple of the Lord, which had been filled by the spirit=information=words of the Lord who had descended upon him in the form of a dove? “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up?”

They were the words that Jesus was commanded to say by “Who I Am,” who raised the body of Jesus, the earthly temple, which had been filled with his spirit.

Acts 5: 30; The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you slew and hanged on a tree.
Acts 13: 30; But God raised him from the dead: and he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee, etc.
1st Corinthians 6: 14; And God has both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
2nd Corinthians 1: 9; But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead.
2nd Corinthians 4: 14; knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.
Acts 17: 31; For He (The Lord God our saviour) has fixed a day in which he shall judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death.
It was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who said through the mouth his obedient servant Jesus, who spoke in ‘HIS NAME;’ “Destroy this Temple and in three days I will raise it up.”

0 Replies

kjw47

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2024 04:17 pm
@FredBquick,
Best to believe Jesus--John 20:17--no trinitarian on earth will.
The Anointed

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2024 04:27 pm
@kjw47,
Best to believe the CHRIST who filled the man Jesus with his spirit on the day he was baptised and spoke his words through the mouth of his earthly servant.
The Anointed

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2024 05:46 pm
@The Anointed,
Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command, and whosoever will not heed MY WORDS, which he shall speak in MY NAME, I will surely punish, etc.”
0 Replies

kjw47

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2024 07:49 pm
@The Anointed,
Jehovah sent Jesus.( John 17:3)--- Jesus lived to do Jehovah's will.John 5:30)--- Jehovah commanded Jesus what to speak.( John 12:49)--- Jehovah did all the powerful works through Jesus( Acts 2:22)
Jesus is the Christ. Jehovah is the Father= God.
roger

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2024 09:53 pm
@fobvius,
fobvius wrote:

Quote:
they made their religion supernatural

There's a novel idea.

I love it!
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2024 10:09 pm
@kjw47,
It was our God 'The Son of Man' who descended in the form of a dove and filled Jesus with his spirit.

John 3, 13; And no one has ever gone up to heaven except the Son of Man, who came down from heaven.” When Jesus said this while talking to Nicodemus, he had already been filled with the spirit of the Son of Man who came down from heaven in the form of a dove and Jesus would not ascend into heaven until the Son of Man who said through the mouth of his earthly servant Jesus, [Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up] had risen his earthly temple from death, did the man Jesus then ascend into heaven.

John 20, 17; Jesus said to her, “Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”

You don't know who our HEAVENLY FATHER the Son of Man is, DO YOU ?
kjw47

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2024 11:37 am
@The Anointed,
Jehovah is the Father---Jesus is the son--the holy spirit is Gods active force not a living being.
The Father is Jesus' God-John 20:17.
The Anointed

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2024 12:15 am
@kjw47,
Quote:
Jehovah is the Father---Jesus is the son--the holy spirit is Gods active force not a living being.
The Father is Jesus' God-John 20:17.

New World Translation John 20,17-18; "Don't cling to me," Jesus told her, "Since I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them that I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God." 18Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, "I have seen the Lord!" And she told them what he had said to her.

Jesus was the MAN chosen by our heavenly Father ''The Son of MAN'' who our GOD, ''The Son of MAN'' chose to be his earthly temple and to speak His words to the people, the man through who HE ''The Son of MAN'', would reveal himself to mankind.

Jesus was the temple that our Lord was referring to when He said, 'Destroy this temple' and in three days I will raise it up.

Jubilees 4, 30, And he [Adam] lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: ’On the day that ye eat thereof ye shall die.’ For this reason he did not complete the years of this day; for he died during it.

Acts 17, 30 - 31; Concerning the seventh period of one thousand years from the first day in which Adam died..... 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the WHOLE world with justice by means of the MAN he has APPOINTED. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from the dead.”

0 Replies