2

Who Is Jesus Christ?

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 08:14 am
Various Christian denominations promote varying teachings regarding the identity of Jesus Christ as he is revealed in the Bible. Is he God or the Son of God? What does the Bible reveal apart from personal interpretation? I invite you to take a look at the attached reference. It provides a very clear view of what the Bible teaches regarding Jesus identity.

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,534 • Replies: 10

Setanta

2  
Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 12:13 pm
Jehovah's Witnesses, eh? I suggest that you'll not get much credence for your point of view.
Foofie

-1  
Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 02:40 pm
@anthony1312002,
anthony1312002 wrote:

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

Can we ask someone of the Muslim faith?
Miller

-1  
Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 03:38 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

anthony1312002 wrote:

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

Can we ask someone of the Muslim faith?

Why not?

anthony1312002

-2  
Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 03:59 pm
@Foofie,
That is a legitimate question since many Muslims view Jesus as a great prophet.
Foofie

0  
Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 06:43 pm
@anthony1312002,
anthony1312002 wrote:

Then add your point to the two multiple choices in the original thread's question.

Leadfoot

0  
Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 09:30 am
@anthony1312002,
I happen to agree with the central idea from JW theology on this subject although I am not JW myself.
I assume it was the adoption of the Nicaean creed by almost all mainstream protestant religions that resulted in the idiotic idea of the Trinity. Just by reading the bible I can't conceive how anyone could conclude that he was anyone other than the son of God, and not God himself.
Foofie

1  
Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 02:46 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Perhaps, if the early Church was trying to make Christianity palatable to ex-pagans, the concept of the Trinity made the marketing effort easier. One should remember that the Hebrews belief in one invisible god made them laughable in the eyes of the pagans.
BroRando

1  
Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 07:45 pm
@Setanta,
"Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16) "For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9) "let all the house of Israel know for a certainty that God made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you executed " (Acts 2:36)

The phrase "Jesus is God" is a man-made rendition and completely absent from the Bible. Members of Christendom are not interested in obeying Christ's words to "Hallow" the Father's Name. "Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 1:3)

Take Care,
Brother Rando

Leadfoot

1  
Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 04:51 am
@Foofie,
Perhaps, if the early Church was trying to make Christianity palatable to ex-pagans
Possible I suppose. In the current day they say if you don't accept the trinity you are denying the deity of Christ. But how is being the only Begotten Son of God, co-creator of the universe, seated at the right hand of God, etc. - denying the Deity of Jesus Christ? I never did get that...

The Anointed

0  
Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 05:03 am
@BroRando,
"Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Christ is the English term for the Greek Χριστός (Khristós) meaning "the anointed one" It is a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Māšîaḥ), usually transliterated into English as Messiah or Mashiach. The Hebrew word translated "anointed" is the verb form of the noun "Messiah."

Acts 3:19-Repent, then, and turn to God, so that he will forgive your sins. If you do, times of spiritual strength will come from the Lord, and he will send Jesus, who is the Messiah he has already chosen for you.

And Jesus the son of Mary and her half brother Joseph, who were both sired by Alexander Helios=Heli, was born son of God, not by blood, nor by the will of the flesh nor by the will of man, but by the spirit of the Lord which descended upon him in the form of a dove on the day that he was baptised, as the heavenly voice was heard to say; “You are my son. ‘THIS DAY’ I have begotten thee’. And Peter knew that this was when he was declared, the first of many sons.

Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; the Lord said to Moses; “I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their own people, and I shall put ‘MY WORDS’ into his mouth and he will speak to the people all that I command him. And any who refuse to heed ‘MY WORDS’ which he shall speak in ‘MY NAME’ I will surely punish.

Peter confirms that Jesus was that man, when, concerning the man Jesus, he says in. Acts 3: 22; For Moses said; "The Lord your God will send you a prophet, just as he sent me, and he will be one of your own people, etc."

Did the people of his day believe that he was the Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The God of our ancestors? No, they did not, for on the day of his triumphant entry into Jerusalem, the people escorting him cried out, "BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD" Verifying that they believed Jesus to be the one that God had promised Moses that he would choose from among the Israelites, and send to the people to speak in his name.

Jesus spoke not one word on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded to say by the Lord God our savior.

Whose words were these in reference to the body of Jesus, the temple of the Lord, which had been filled by the spirit=information=words of the Lord who had descended upon him in the form of a dove? “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up?”

They were the words that Jesus was commanded to say by “Who I Am,” who raised the body of Jesus, the earthly temple, which had been filled with his spirit.

Acts 5: 30; The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you slew and hanged on a tree.

Acts 13: 30; But God raised him from the dead: and he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee, etc.

1st Corinthians 6: 14; And God has both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

2nd Corinthians 1: 9; But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead.

2nd Corinthians 4: 14; knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.

Acts 17: 31; For He (The Lord God our saviour) has fixed a day in which he shall judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death.

It was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, [WHO I AM] who said through the mouth his obedient servant Jesus, who spoke in ‘HIS NAME;’ “Destroy this Temple and in three days I will raise it up.”

Acts 3: 13; "For the God of our ancestors, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has given divine glory to his servant Jesus, etc.